IGNORED

Son's new bike

bendtdj

Dan's 1983 CM250 custom sold a week ago to a lady in Sioux Falls, SD who is just learning to ride. They come up to check it out an did not even haggle on the price. I guess we had is too low at $700.00. Got out about what we put in and they got a good deal so every body is happy.

After much research, internet surfing, and many conversations, we finally found Dan a bigger bike. We found him a 1991 Honda CB750 Nighthawk. It has about 30,000 mile on it but is in great shape. We brought it home Wednesday evening and Dan had to take it out to show all his buddies. Before he left, I reminded him of how much more power the 750 has over the 250. When he got home, he had a HUGE smile on his face. I knew we got the right one. When he got off the bike in the garage, he told me that he will have to be careful with this. he said he was surprised by the power. He said this without my having to ask him. I think this shows a great level of maturity in him. We are already planning where to ride when he gets used to the Nighthawk.

Now he want to get a matching helmet! At least he is looking at full faced ones.

Thanks for all the input on my previous posts about this.

Dave

Very nice bike.

This may not be the type of helmet your son is looking for, but it is a good helmet and you can't beat the price. Plus, you get to actually purchasing it by going thru the banner at the top of the VR website (and Freebird gets some swag money).

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/closeouts/helmets/scorpion/exo_400_scar_motorcycle_helmet.html

RR

Very Sharp looking Scoot!!! Glad he is looking at the full faced helmets. Might show him the Flip-Face. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. Being able to open it up without removing really comes in handy at times.

Edited by Yammer Dan

Hey David,

I think you have made an excellent choice for a second motorcycle for your son! Later tonight, peek in on him after he is sleeping, and you will most likely find him SMILING in his sleep! If I could be so bold to suggest another small purchase, take your son for a bike ride, just you and him on your scoots, and go to a shop and purchase a pair of riding gloves, this could be a bonding moment for you two, and it would allow you the opportunity to explain the importance of wearing the proper gear whenever he is riding.

A nice, light weight pair for summer riding gloves would be an excellent choice. (If you buy YOURSELF a pair as well, he will get the message)

YA' DONE GOOD DAVE! :thumbsup2:

Earl

Here it is Friday night already. Dan only got to ride the Nighthawk around town for about an hour on Wednesday evening and he is still grinning!!!!!! I think he understands the idea of wearing the gear. He sees that I always have on boots, chaps, gloves, either a denim jacket or my leather coat and the helmet. He currently has a flat black flip up helmet, but wants to get a red standard full face. He wants to match the bike, but says he does not like nor does he use the flip up feature. Doreen and I have the same helmet as he does only in silver so not too absorb too much heat in the summer sun.

We are planning to get some rides in when it finally warms up here in South Dakota. Even though it has been in hte 40's and 50's this week, I still have about a foot and a half of snow in my front yard! If spring is coming, I wish it would hurry.

Stay safe

Dave