IGNORED

Medical Marijuana?

a1bummer

"Medical" marijuana Is not something you find much in my parts. Now that being said I "hear" or a lady who uses it here in town because all the meds her doctor gave her while going through chemo was not working. I "hear" she is doing fantastic now and all the nausea and headaches are GONE. It is much better medically then smoking and it is an amazing bronchodilator. Studies have show it to greatly improve those with breathing issues such as asthma. NOW on the flip side, extended use CAN CAUSE chronic bronchitis.......So as a temporary thing yes, but extended use ???????? :confused24: .......... Just my opinion of course.

It isn't legal where I am, but....

I have chronic pain and bought $100 worth a couple of years ago as an alternative to the narcotics which werent helping. I smoked it a couple of times and it only helped for a couple of hours, so I sold the remainder back to my friend.

I really wish it would've helped.

Craigr

My Ex used it for the shakes and pain she got from MS. She had leg pain occasionally and nothing seemd to take it away but the marijuana. The medical grade seemed to be a lot less potent than the stuff she could find around town, so guess which she preferred:whistling:.

BUT, she seemed to go thru the weed a LOT more than just the days than she had pain, I had found that after a year or so she was smokin up just to go to work,or sleep or just to get the day going, and when I would ask her about her pain later she would say she didnt have any.

I was glad she didnt have pain, but i didnt like living with someone high all the time either....:puzzled:

I have chronic pain and bought $100 worth a couple of years ago as an alternative to the narcotics which werent helping. I smoked it a couple of times and it only helped for a couple of hours, so I sold the remainder back to my friend.

Craigr

Wished we had been friends:whistling:

I do know that nothing helps those on chemo more than some "BC Bud" I have never used it for that reason but I have been told by people that do know. As for the headaches and nausea, yup, it will help if not eliminate the issues for you. No, smoking it once will not help, a small amount at a time and relax...... not that I have ever had any experience with such a thing.

Before my first back surgery the pain was so bad I couldn't sleep, lay down, walk or do hardly anything. Got a joint from a friend and with just 2 hits could sleep through the night. A joint would last me 2 weeks. Since it's legal here the Doctor has suggested I use it to control pain. Even tho I've smoked my fair share in my younger days I decline to use it, I couldn't function at all when I used it before the surgery. :Cool_cool36:

You may also think about a Herbal Vaporizer. It's supposed to be better.

Isn't that called a Bong ? :rotf:

Bronchodilator???

I grew up with Asthma ... I don't recall that effect ever... Course, I don't recall a lot of things from those days :Cool_cool36:

Isn't that called a Bong ?

http://marijuanavaporizer.com/vaporizer-benefits.html

Medical marijuana vaporizers can save you from harmful carcinogens entering your lungs & can represent a significant financial saving due to their inherent design efficiencies.

What are the benefits of vaporization?

* No smoke! Is the number one benefit of using a vaporizer. As the medical marijuana vaporizes you will note that a thin mist of vapour is created at this lower 338 °F (170 °C) temperature. Compare that to a typical marijuana joint which burns at temperatures of up to 2,012 °F (1,100 °C) and in the process creates many harmful carcinogens. Smoke is the prime cause of lung cancer and many respiratory disorders.

* Save money - Since vaporization takes place at temperatures below combustion up to twice as many active constituents are delivered to the user than one would get from smoking, according to studies. Cannabinoids are highly combustible, and many of the delicate glandular trichomes may be destroyed when simply smoked.

* No smell. As nothing is actually burning there is very little smell involved with vaporization.

try the Brownies, Cookies, or even the Tootie Rolls,

or just the butter

but remember there stronger then what ya smoke and last a lot longer too!

anyways thats what I hear:big-grin-emoticon:

so dont start out eating a whole cookie or brownie:big-grin-emoticon:

Ya! this is the kind of input I was looking for. Unfortunately it's still illegal here in W., but I'm gonna bring it up at my next doctor visit just the same. Now I wonder how legal it would be if I was to go to a neighboring state that has legalized medical marijuana and obtain it. But then could I bring it into WI. without getting trouble? I wasn't really sure how I would like it if I was to "smoke" it. I have thought about the brownies and other recipes. Never heard about the "vaporizer". I 'll have to do some more research after work.

Thanks for the info thus far,

Bill

:225::rotf:

Craigr

Does that make you a "dealer"? Curious minds want to know.

:farmer:

While I do not live in a state that supports their citizens (in conjunction with their doctor) to determine the best course oftreatment for the patient.

That being said, I have chronic pain, with some nervous system distress.

Several years ago, I was diagnosed with LYMES dissease. It had gone un noticed / treated for many years.

It has destroyed my Joints, affected my heart (I'm sure if I lost a few pounds, both would get marginally better though) arthritis, severe headaches.. disorientation... in a "fog" ...etc..etc. I have trouble sleeping, as well as a sleap apnea.

For many of the above, there is not much that can be done. For the pain (daily...some days worse than others) I would much a fist full of advil...works well, but really destroys the liver. Not htat I'm a heavy drinker, I do occasionally like to have a mint Julep while watching the Running of the Roses, or with a Pizza / Crabs (etc). This is a concern that the treatment is causing more damage to me.

I have used the more natural forms of pain management, and find that they are more effective (for me) with pain maintenance. Of course this was only when I was visting a state that allows for such treatments, or while traveling abroad to countries that embrace the useage of such treatments.

There are diferent "types" of the product, that may work better (or worse) for your situation. If one type does not work for you, there are others. Take note of the type / blend you are using. (more common are the Indica vs a Sativa...There there are hybrids and a blending of the two...there are many combinations).

There are many ways to administer the medicine.

Smoking (has some drawbacks)

Ingestion (not my favorite)

Vaporization (IMHO - the best alternative)

I wish you the best, and hope you find the trelief that you need.

Does that make you a "dealer"? Curious minds want to know.

:farmer:

or your pusher

Wow.... Talk about Bogarting.....:rotfl:

:15_8_211[1]:

Now there is a word I have not heard in a while\\\ showing your age now!!!:stickpoke: