IGNORED

VR Assistance Numbers Down

awsmsrv

Wow! Anyone else notice this? We used to have between 2000 & 2500 on the books, but, now only 992. Anyone got an explanation for the drop? Less trust? I found this out by looking to see who might offer a place to stay the night in those areas I might be headed this summer. Just wonderin'.

Maybe, but, the annual fee has been in place for a couple of years now & the numbers have only recently gone down for VR Assistance. Most of those on the list are expired, for that matter, anyway. I just assume they still offer their help even though they're no longer a supporting member. :think:

good question,hope the numbers pick up.i dont think the 12.00 dollars is an issue i just think some people just dont think of others,hope i'm wrong.maybe some people are miss useing the program and if so shame on them!

Yeah, I thought it might be some of that, too. I agree about the $12 -- non-issue. I know of a recent slight issue with misuse, just hard to believe that it could scare that many people off. Never know, I guess. Really is too bad. I tend to be the trusting kind. Especially with this can of nuts. Yes, I include myself as one of the nuts.

Wow! Anyone else notice this? We used to have between 2000 & 2500 on the books, but, now only 992. Anyone got an explanation for the drop? Less trust? I found this out by looking to see who might offer a place to stay the night in those areas I might be headed this summer. Just wonderin'.

Mine is still there and I am looking forward to being able to help out.

Many were those previous members who have not visited the site for a long period of time and / or no longer wanted to take part in the Meet & Eat's or planned activities, and decided to drift off on to other adventures that they found appealing.

Some have not been on the site for two or three years (or more).

Cleaning up and finding more real estate (useable space) on the site is an ongoing challenge...!

Another way to say it is:

If..IF... I ever happen to be ,who some day finds another adventurous road, I am certain I would "eventually" want all my contact information removed from the site... HOWEVER...I do not see that in my future.. unless...they throw me off the site, because I too am one who finds enjoyment and personal satisfaction in helping others....

I thought I remember reading a post from Freebird a while back that he was removing all of the inactive members from the list.

Inactive meaning expired? That would be a never ending job. Oh yeah, that's Don's job. :)

If the numbers are down due to the information being maintained as more current, well then that's probably a good thing. There were a couple of times during the past few years when I pulled-out the list while on the road, and I was kind of surprised how many phone numbers weren't good.

On the other hand, I do remember sending out a call for help from Taos, New Mexico when I thought that my rear brakes were about to fail, and it was a Saturday night and I was sitting in a KOA Kampground wondering if I should press on to Colorado or fall behind on my travel schedule and wait for a shop to open the following Tuesday. And, one of our amazing members responded to my plight, and told me if I could make it about 100 miles in the opposite direction I was traveling, that he would pull the rear brake pads of his own bile and put them on mine to get me on my way. Sorry, I can't even remember who it was anymore, but I will always remember his generous offer to help. The rest of the story ... after a lot of thought and prayer, we decided to take a chance and ride through to Colorado very carefully, where the local shop took excellent care of us and sent us on our way. :)

Be Safe!

Pete.

I have and will continue to help any one who comes to San Diego. If I am off the list it is because the self serving crap gets old on the site. Internationally I have been helping bikers for 30 yrs. way before the INTERNET. No brand affiliation ever. Any one is welcome any time in my book. Rod

Maybe Eck washed the VR assistance list with his last cell phone?:whistling::stirthepot: