IGNORED

My new 86 VR

tufftom4

This is the new to me VR that I got for 700$ The carbs need to be cleaned but runs good with the choke partially on. It has some rash on the fairing from the guy dropping it in the garage but everything works on the bike the only problem I have is that it is in Kilometers not US standards, oh and it has an oil leak and needs the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder rebuilt from sitting so long. It only has 71,000 km on it witch is only about 44,000 miles so I think I did good. And I need to know how to take off the damn stickers on the fake gas tank cover....

Heak of a deal, you did good, i am looking at an 83 right now for 400 that has not run for awhile, fearing broke up by the left blinker and who knows what elece is wrong, yea 700 is a realy good deal on that, i have an 86 and i love it.

Edited by showmebob

Hey Tom,

Congrats to you, my friend! What a score! And just in time for the spring riding season.

A little Seafoam in the gas tank, Some Goof Off on thoses stickers, and a new clutch slave, and you should be good to go! Thanks for sharing the pics with us, You must be beemin' from ear to ear!

This could be the start of a GREAT summer for you,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Heak of a deal, you did good, i am looking at an 82 right now for 400 that has not run for awhile, fearing broke up by the left blinker and who knows what elece is wrong, yea 700 is a realy good deal on that, i have an 86 and i love it.

Better grab that 82. It would be a one of a kind!!!:rotfl: Them 86's sure are Purty!!

Congrats, looks like a great Deal and it's a nice Bike

If you decide to change the km-Cluster to mls Instruments , i'd gladly take it off your Hands, Especially if the Battery Warning Circuit is not flashing constantly. Mine has a burned off Chip inside....