IGNORED

Who is still riding?

MikeZ06Allen

Still riding here, loaded up and ready..headed to Fulton Tx in the morning s`pose to be around 28 ...hope it warms up fast!!

Just curious, as I get lots of strange comments from perfect strangers, as to why I am still riding my VR in the middle of winter.

I try to ride everyday that is free of snow and ice so I was wondering who else is enjoying those nice brisk morning/evening rides?

I ride as much as I can. Tough winter even here in NC. Was out yesterday and today but I don't ride for work...just for the fun of it. I hope to ride in early April to Tucson, AZ with some friends. A new winter storm is supposed to hit us next Monday. I just paid my propane bill today ($935.00) and told them that I am already down 150 gallons in 30 days. They told me I was lucky, some people need 300+ gallons in the same time.

OK I am done complaining! :backinmyday:

:farmer:

I don't wanna know who's still riding ... makes me depressed! LOL

But I would like to hear what all those "strange comments" are... (or are they too crude to post here? :eek:)

:D

Hey Bro, take a vicodin and call me in the morning! I'm still ridin'! Of course I have to fess up, I live in Floriduh!:whistling:

Hang in there, it'll be your turn in a few months.

I'm sorry, now that there was just plain mean. :rotf:

Comments range from:

Why?

I like to ride; no other explanation needed.

Are you nuts? It is flippin cold out.

Cold is relative, after awhile you can't feel anything anyways.

How do you stay warm?

I tell them with enough clothes you can survive almost anything.

Man; I wish my wife would let me buy a motorcycle.

All I could do was nod.

My favorite: A small child in a car seat while his Mom was yanking on the cell phone, rolled down his window and asked if I could take him home; he was apparently tired of shopping.

I feel your pain was my reply.

Wife and I took an easy scoot yesterday west of Phoenix. Temps will be dipping down next week to the mid 60s, I may have to wear my jacket!:big-grin-emoticon:

(PS I have lived in both Maine and Great lakes, Illinois. I know what it is like to have pain in your lungs when you inhale.)

My favorite: A small child in a car seat while his Mom was yanking on the cell phone, rolled down his window and asked if I could take him home; he was apparently tired of shopping.

I feel your pain was my reply.

Good one!! can't say as I blame the kid either ... I know his pain too LOL

It was 64 degrees when I rode in to work this morning, 41 degrees when I left, looking at a morning low of 36. High tomorrow will be back in the 60's. Calling for a high of 70 on Sunday. South Texas for ya'. May set out for Kerrville on Saturday and see if I can talk my boys into riding the three sisters before rolling home on Sunday.