IGNORED

Dyna Beads

Guest my14car

Guest my14car

Put the dyna beads in last week had to break the beads on the tires due to the TPS system not able to use the valve stem. The cost $65 not bad had 3000 miles on the tires hope to get better wear and mileage out of them. I am getting a better ride a lot less wobble at low speeds with no vibrations. I would recommend this on new tire installations to absorb the cost of re braking the beads, if you don't have TPS there easy to put in threw the valve stem. Next tire change i will be going to the darkside with beads.

Put the dyna beads in last week had to break the beads on the tires due to the TPS system not able to use the valve stem. The cost $65 not bad had 3000 miles on the tires hope to get better wear and mileage out of them. I am getting a better ride a lot less wobble at low speeds with no vibrations. I would recommend this on new tire installations to absorb the cost of re braking the beads, if you don't have TPS there easy to put in threw the valve stem. Next tire change i will be going to the darkside with beads.

It's already been stated that they don't work - somebody read about them and proclaimed that they are worthless. First hand reading beats out first hand use any day. :rotfl:

It's already been stated that they don't work - somebody read about them and proclaimed that they are worthless. First hand reading beats out first hand use any day. :rotfl:

Yeppers: I have been using them for 3 good years now, and they ain't worth diddly I only got 29,283 miles out of the front tire with them,,,,,:confused: It was so bad that I scooped them out and put them back in when I mounted the new tire......:confused24: and to make it worst I forgot to line up the dot on the tire to the valve stem,,,,:doh: and the vibration in the mirrors is way less than it was. But it is too much trouble to break down the tire and reset it to the right spot, and more than likely not get the vibration back, so I will leave it as it is.

It just seems that it would be very easy to settle this issue. All somebody needs to do is put one of the wheel/tires with these beads on a quality high speed spin balancer and see if it indicates that it is balanced. It either will be or it won't be. Any "seat of the pants" type opinions are too easily influenced by perception.

Guest scarylarry
Hey, I'm in the mood for some laughter!!!

Best thing since slice bread, I have no vibration at all on my dual tire wheelbarrow...

Guest my14car

My tires were both put on a brand new high speed balancer and they were perfect. The shop owner spilled some of the beads while putting them in. We salvaged them so he also wanted to see if the tire was balanced. No problems his shop is going to be selling the beads. Have been on other sites were wing owners have been using them for years getting double the tire wear. Anything to save tire wear is worth it to me.

My tires were both put on a brand new high speed balancer and they were perfect. The shop owner spilled some of the beads while putting them in. We salvaged them so he also wanted to see if the tire was balanced. No problems his shop is going to be selling the beads. Have been on other sites were wing owners have been using them for years getting double the tire wear. Anything to save tire wear is worth it to me.

SEE - I told you they don't work :innocent-emoticon:

Did you verify... the new tire and wheel.... was... unweighted... and... unbalanced.... before... you... put... the... beads... in?

If not, it doesn't prove anything. If the white dot on the tire is aligned to the valve stem, the tire should be FACTORY balanced.

I, have never put wheel weights on any of my bikes in the 40 or so years that I have been riding. Of course, I have always used quality tires to begin with...:detective:

It just seems that it would be very easy to settle this issue. All somebody needs to do is put one of the wheel/tires with these beads on a quality high speed spin balancer and see if it indicates that it is balanced. It either will be or it won't be. Any "seat of the pants" type opinions are too easily influenced by perception.
The problem with the spin balancer is that it spins the tire quickly up to speed then quickly stops it. The beads take some time to find their position and balance the tire. If you had a spin balancer that would run for a longer period and hold a stable speed it would show the tire in balance.

If you want to prove it to yourself take a stick on tire weight put it on your wheel to create a bounce. Then install dyna beads and see if they counter the weight and balance the tire.

Did you verify... the new tire and wheel.... was... unweighted... and... unbalanced.... before... you... put... the... beads... in?

If not, it doesn't prove anything. If the white dot on the tire is aligned to the valve stem, the tire should be FACTORY balanced.

I, have never put wheel weights on any of my bikes in the 40 or so years that I have been riding. Of course, I have always used quality tires to begin with...:detective:

Please explain about "quality tires". It's been my experience for the last 40 years that you get a lemon in just about anything that is mass produced!! The point is, we have to overcome those "lemons" to make them "serviceable".

Please explain about "quality tires". It's been my experience for the last 40 years that you get a lemon in just about anything that is mass produced!! The point is, we have to overcome those "lemons" to make them "serviceable".

yeah - I'd like to see a list of the quality tires, I'll bet half of them are not on everybody else's quality tire list. :scratchchin: -- WAIT - I don't have a list

I wonder if my Kuhmo is a quality tire ?? It was when it was used on VW's

Dunlops have always done alright by me... Yes, the D404's are good quality tires, thats whats on my 65O Vstar. Haven't changed tires on my 2007 RSMV but I believe it also has the Dunlops. You can get a longer lasting Dunlops, but if your changing out tires yourself, why bother, save the money.

I'm sure there are other quality tires out there but like I said before, If I'm happy with my Tires why start experimenting?

:080402gudl_prv:

As far as a quality tire "list" ???????? I never said I had one... Do You?

Edited by CaptainJoe