IGNORED

CAUTION: Pinwall Cycle, Massillon, Ohio

Guest Swifty

THEY COULD NOT FIND THE ENGINE I PURCHASED ON EBAY 4 days ago!!!

I emailed my arrival date along with my payment intentions.

I called repeatedly to confirm. No answer, only busy signals.

I arrived Dec. 28 waiting for the door to be unlocked. They spent 45 minutes looking for it before they told me that it wasn't where it was supposed to be. I did the requisite song and dance about deciding to do business with a company who professed their good reputation online, yet no one answering phones... blah, blah, blah, and "then I arrive here and you can't even find an engine you just posted on eBay?!?!" I was finally invited out back to start looking too...apparently in violation of strict orders from the boss who wasn't there...but after driving for 5 hours and spending the night in a hotel, they might have sensed that I was about to have a royal Canadian bird right then and there if I didn't get my engine.

We found 2 other engines. One I recognized from online that looked like crap, which was why I went for the one that came up for sale more recently. The other engine we found was missing a side cover but looked a lot cleaner, however it might have 3 times the mileage than the one I saw online...ODO was 17,542...it looked that clean but I have to doubt it. Amber, the girl behind the desk, couldn't make a deal, but she expressed her frustration working a job without the required manpower, and covering for people who weren't at this location. She phoned the boss, the only concession was $25 off.

WARNING: Pinwall Cycle is moving to a new location. There are signs all over the shop saying they are moving to the old Canton Elevator building. The move is planned to be completed by August 2011. The place is in total chaos now, half crew at new location, half at the old place. If this move is going to last for 8 months, and they don't have the ability to keep track of a whole engine in the mean time, I'm warning you all about potential order problems in the coming months.

:(

I guess they put it away in a safe place for you, and then forgot where they put it. :rotf:I am sure you have done it before.

So how did you get it out of the car ?

Brad

I guess they put it away in a safe place for you, and then forgot where they put it. :rotf:I am sure you have done it before.

So how did you get it out of the car ?

Brad

Did you just repeat yourself or are you just really wanting to rub it in:big-grin-emoticon:

I just had a most pleasant buying experience with them. As a matter of fact, the item I bought wasn't what I thought it was and they switched items for me.

Amber and the other girls were pleasant to work with.

Living only 20 minutes away from them, instead of 5 hours, does help take some of the sting out of the deal.

I just had a most pleasant buying experience with them. As a matter of fact, the item I bought wasn't what I thought it was and they switched items for me.

Living only 20 minutes away from them, instead of 5 hours, does help take some of the sting out of the deal.

Please. Don't tell him what a great deal you got on an engine!!!:Laugh:

I have always heard good things about Pinwall. I am sure besides $25 they will be able to make it right. Also from what I remember on an older posting (going off memory) they do have on their e-bay posting don't bother calling or was it e-mailing. I will look at one of their e-bay auctions.

Update: Did they pull their e-bay auctions? I checked my zip code w/in 150 miles and all I am getting is Cincinnati. I believe their city is Navarrone

Ok found them. It was 300+ miles. Lot farther than what I thought. Anyway I couldn't find any statements about not calling. They did mention e-mailing them a couple times.

Edited by Sideoftheroad

If it was a 1st Gen engine it probally got away.....:whistling:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::D:sign yeah that: Thanks for the headsup.:thumbsup2: The logistics for a coordinated move of a junkyard has to be a nightmare. There is a bike junkyard about 40 miles from me that hasn't had what he said he had just about every time I have been to it. It got so bad that every time one of my friends says he is going there I get a big laugh and tell them I'll ride along for the giggles when he is told that they don't have it.:rotfl: Went there one time with one of the brother-in-laws for a track for a old snowmobile. We stood at the counter and told 3 different guys what we came for. Each one would disappear behind the counter to never appear again. Finally the 4th one said to go and look for ourselves. We stepped through the magic door and were met with total disorganization. It was a scene from HOARDERS!:rotfl::rotfl: Needless to say I couldn't stop laughing as we drove away. Life is good.:D

Guest scarylarry
Yea, they dont answer emails. Kinda strange for someone who sells an awful lot of stuff on the internet....

I have never dealt with these folks and doubt if I will, but lot of the ebay sellers will not answer e-mails due to the high volume and the time it takes.

They have left a number and that would be the best route for me to take...

+1 Just did the same thing a couple months ago and they were very promt and a pleasure to do business with.

I placed a bid on a rear wheel and tire and it was the wrong one.

Got your text and your welcome Dave, next time try using the phone, you think I can read your mind, thats what Brad says to me sometimes :hihi: so Im just passing the attitude back to you :hurts:

Naugh-T

...whaaddya mean trying using the phone?

Brad said in his previous text msg that he was going to send you over to help me get the engine out of my car and in the house!!

When I couldn't wait any longer I recruited the rug rats.

So, thanks again for nothing..................Sweetie.

(Holy hot flash Batman...a woman with attitude really turns me on!)

:D

Edited by Swifty

I have had very good experiences with them and have made a few purchases from a final drive to some chrome doodads always deliver in reasonable time and price. Even allowed me to back out of an eBay purchase I did not need in the end with no penalty. I WILL do business with them again. Although the move story is pretty common.

Guest Swifty
Boy would I like to see a video of this from start to finish! Edited for young and tender ears of course! LOL:banana:

...ya well, the sexy blonde broad in the bikini who we usually have operate the video camera probably didn't get breakfast in bed this morning so she didn't show up.:scratchchin: