IGNORED

It's getting scary out there.

Condor

While sitting here in the office I have the local news network on in the background. What used to be an occassional report has been getting very common. Motorcycle vs. what ever they can hit..... Not just once a day, but several times a day... basically during commuter hours. This morning's was a fatality. I tell ya it's getting so I don't want to go around the block on two wheels... Even while riding around in the truck or 'Burb watching the crazies, I look around and I'm thankful I'm in a cage..... It's ridiculous. :bang head:

I was told a very long time ago there are only two types of bike riders; those that will be going down and those that will go down again. I feel the same way everytime I am pulling out of my driveway; is today the day. Can't let it deter you though, when the Old Man upstairs says it's your day, won't matter what you're doing.

Guest scarylarry

From the 2 weeks I spent in sunny Ca. I fully understand what you mean, I would think twice if I live in the L.A. or any other large city there...

I don't mean to start a debate but the illegals what scare me the most here in Tenn. and I know you have more than your share there..

I was told a very long time ago there are only two types of bike riders; those that will be going down and those that will go down again. I feel the same way everytime I am pulling out of my driveway; is today the day. Can't let it deter you though, when the Old Man upstairs says it's your day, won't matter what you're doing.

Your quote reminds me of something I read (modified for motorcyclists)

Driver to (scared, shivering) Rear Passenger: "What are you so worried for?" "When your number's up, your number's up!"

Rear Passenger: "I'm not worried about MY number being up." "I'm worried about YOUR number being up!!!":scratchchin:

Being from the country, it is no safer here in the "Sticks". I have law a enforcement background and the local county police stop by and chat now and then. They have been doing a lot of license "check points" and they have a large supply of DUIs in the county jail now. Each and everyone of these guy/gals can kill you. And they are arresting them at mid-morning and afternoon hours. They had one lady who had her twelve year old son driving her because she was too drunk to drive!!! I don't worry about the deer as much as the human.

Lord help us all,

:farmer:

While sitting here in the office I have the local news network on in the background. What used to be an occassional report has been getting very common. Motorcycle vs. what ever they can hit..... Not just once a day, but several times a day... basically during commuter hours. This morning's was a fatality. I tell ya it's getting so I don't want to go around the block on two wheels... Even while riding around in the truck or 'Burb watching the crazies, I look around and I'm thankful I'm in a cage..... It's ridiculous. :bang head:

Yea - and what pi---s me off is that as I get older and my reflexes aren't as quick, I try to leave some additional space between me and the vehicles ahead of me, but that just makes it worse as more and more, drivers are switching lanes and cutting in front of me into my "safety space". I'm told we have the busiest freeway in North America here in Toronto and I have to ride it almost every day to get into and out of the city.

I feel the same way everytime I am pulling out of my driveway; is today the day. Can't let it deter you though, when the Old Man upstairs says it's your day, won't matter what you're doing.

I hear ya Herb, but I just don't want to be standing on the top of a mountain in a lightening storm, with my sword held high, and trust it's not my time.... I'm not going to hide under a rock, but there's no replacing common sense and situation awareness.... :thumbsup2:

They had one lady who had her twelve year old son driving her because she was too drunk to drive!!!

...land of the free and the brave!

I live "Out in the Sticks" and have been ran over twice in the last 5 years!! Really been rough if I had been in the city!!!:duck:

"there are those who are going to go down and those who are going to go down again"...makes me wonder how many there are who quit riding and haven't gone down...they do exist, I know, just not in these forums, I suppose. But philosophically speaking, do you think that kind folks like Yammer take one for those who don't ever go down?

philosophically speaking, do you think that kind folks like Yammer take one for those who don't ever go down?

Well I have been down twice..Once for myself I guess, and if what you say is true, I surely would to meet the person I went down for last year cause it almost killed me.....

I think someone owes me now...thanks:thumbsup2:

"there are those who are going to go down and those who are going to go down again"...makes me wonder how many there are who quit riding and haven't gone down...they do exist, I know, just not in these forums, I suppose. But philosophically speaking, do you think that kind folks like Yammer take one for those who don't ever go down?

In simple terms

HELL NO!!!!:rotfl::rotfl:

:fingers-crossed-emo luck and goo drviving habits: :thumbsup::7_6_3[1]:... and none since I took the safety course (already had the license) and I ride with electronic air horns, police (Yellow) strobe lights front and side (need one in rear) ... white helment and cop looking jacket and pants. They do see me.

:Venture:

And of late I am doing another deal at lane stops or turn lanes: I slightly angle the bike giving them a larger view and causing them to think, ... is he coming my way? It worked so far. Thoughts?

JackZ

aka

Jack Tharp

DePreach

at lane stops or turn lanes: I slightly angle the bike giving them a larger view and causing them to think, ... is he coming my way? It worked so far. Thoughts?

the angle thing might even make escape easier. I keep an eye on my mirrors and had to move into the intersection to get out of the way once...just luck that nothing was coming from the side.

While riding thru the heart of Atlanta on I-75, I cringe when I see those idiots on the crotch rockets zooming in and out of traffic running most of the time in excess of the speed limit. So it's not only the cagers that are pushing the envelope. But it is dangerous out there. Be careful all.:Venture:

Guest RawHide
Just to add insult to injury, remember that it is now the peak of the rut, and there will be lots of sex crazed deer running around extra stupid at ALL times of the day.

DID YOU SAY "SEX" LoL...I agree with you about fall season bringing out FOOD HUNGRY CRAZED DEERS....I haven't seen any wild Sex on the Road YET! LMAO I did get into an accident in my car with a deer gazing on spilled corn in the middle of the road...she just stared at us and didnt move until she got hit and then she varrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooom out of the way! Never forget it I couldnt drive at night with out flash backs! But normally who would be riding a motorcycle at night???? Now that is crazy!

I just read about the accident. 12 motorcycles hit and 5 dead and half a dozen seriously injured and a car that did not stop at the scene of the accident. Terrible news. My prayers go out to the families of the deceased. Always be careful out there day or night.

Just buried my buddy Mark today, a Goldwing rider who was killed here in Marietta on Wednesday when a pick up truck changed lanes on him and forced him off the road and into a brick wall. The truck driver kept on going and is still at large. This assault on bikers just sickens me.