IGNORED

zeroturn

zeroturn

I was wondering if anyone noticed that their speedometer on their RSV is not accurate? I've noticed when I take my gps with me, my speedo is 5mph slower than what the gps says. I have an 08 RSV. Is that normal for this model bike?

Thats just wishfull thinking on your part. Its a second gen THEY ARE SLOWER:rotfl::rotfl:

That's just the manufacturers way to help keep us all safely within the speed limitations imposed by our friendly government...:stirthepot:

If you're depending on your speedo, which is at 65mph when you're actually doing 70, then I don't see how that is "keeping you safely within the speed limitations"!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
If you're depending on your speedo, which is at 65mph when you're actually doing 70, then I don't see how that is "keeping you safely within the speed limitations"!!!!!!!!

I've never heard of one that the GPS read a HIGHER speed than the bike. Most all the bike shows a higher speed.

Reasoning is $$$$$

If the manufacturer made a error where all read slower than actual speed there would inevitable be a class action suit where so many people got SPEEDING TICKETS or worse someone was Killed because of "excessive speed" when they "thought" they were going slower.

The closest bike I have ever had is my Valkyrie which is off 1mph at 70 mph. Most all other Valks and other bikes are averaging 5-10%.

However....

Most Odometers are still more accurate it seems if you actually check it against a known distance or GPS. (they are still not absolute)

Again $$$$$ is the reason.

If the Odometer read as the speedometer then the bike would show higher mileage than is actually on it so for legal and resale purposes it needed to be accurate or you can bet there would be lawsuits about that too.

LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH SIMPLER WITHOUT LAWYERS OR BIG BROTHER TRYING TO "PROTECT US"