IGNORED

Be as macho as you want

Hummingbird

to be - BUT when a day old kitten shows up in your flowers and climbs on top of a barrel and is screaming loud enough to get you attention, what are you supposed to do ??

Well, I picked it up, put it in a basket, put a lamp on it and fed it. The next day the mother showed up to be fed, we had been feeding her for a couple weeks 'cause she was obviously pregnant and I offered the kitten to her with food but she ate and left w/o the kitten.

Now what ?? more feed every 3 to 4 hours, lamp to keep her warm, just assuming a female - too young to tell.

Finally moved it into the house from the garage and continue feeding and etc. That was 9 days ago - had several opportunities to present kitten to the mother but she still rejects it. I guess we have a new house cat - hopefully our original cat will accept the kitten, she hasn't so far but maybe - - -

perfect husbandry, there. we who are animal lovers commend you for taking care of this orphan. that kitty will grow to give back you have given. even after it shreds some curtains!

we have lost 2 of our pets recently and that is taking some getting used to.

there are different folks out there who don't feel the same way and that's ok as that is just life.

thanks for taking kitty cat in. nice colors!

Dale, This is your Lucky Day!!! my rescue dog had puppy`s last week, 7males 2 females, cute,cute, cute...if they turn out like their mother they will be great Dogs... so, what color do you want??? :smile5:

perfect husbandry, there. we who are animal lovers commend you for taking care of this orphan. that kitty will grow to give back you have given. even after it shreds some curtains!

we have lost 2 of our pets recently and that is taking some getting used to.

there are different folks out there who don't feel the same way and that's ok as that is just life.

thanks for taking kitty cat in. nice colors!

Dale, This is your Lucky Day!!! my rescue dog had puppy`s last week, 7males 2 females, cute,cute, cute...if they turn out like their mother they will be great Dogs... so, what color do you want??? :smile5:

LOL. I don't know about that. we are still at that stage where you don't want another cause you know you go thru this again down the road. I will keep that in mind.

thanks tho, I appreciate the thought.

Very cute kitten there. Mom may have rejected the kitten for underlying health issues we can't see or they may have been separated long enough that momma doesn't see it as hers anymore. There's lots of issues. Also, with your other cat not being accepting, don't fret. It can take up to two years for all members of a household cat family to be accepting of a new member. Good luck with the new one baby. In my experience the handraised kittens are far more loving and loyal than the adopted ones. But at the same time feel entitled. Keep a firm hand on it and it will love you for a very long time.

We had one show up here a couple of years ago not quite that young but with a big gash in his hind leg. He's still here and is named Lucky. About 3 weeks ago my daughter is coming home about 1 am and finds a puppy someone had just dumped. She's gonna be a horse I think. I sure hope they stop droppin off animals out here. I'm runnin outta room..

Edited by BuddyRich

We had one show up here a couple of years ago not quite that young but with a big gash in his hind leg. He's still here and is named Lucky. About 3 weeks ago my daughter is coming home about 1 am and finds a puppy someone had just dumped. She's gonna be a horse I think. I sure hope they stop droppin off animals out here. I'm runnin outta room..

GEEEEEEZ - how could somebody dump a puppy ?? That's just not right. We adopted a chow/lab mix with a duaxhound (sp) daddy. Not sure how that was accomplished other than someone had to have been an acrobat.

Anyway, we had him 18 years and had to put him to sleep, very sad day

I swore "no more pets" but you know how wives are :innocent-emoticon:

btw - if it turns out to be a female, (Little Orphan) Annie is her name. male ? maybe Andy

Been around animals long enough to know that everything they do is for a reason. Momma discarded this little one for a reason. It could be something major, and she knew that this one wouldn't survive, or it could be that there are too many others and this one was the runt. It would be best to get the kitten to a vet if you haven't already. It could save you some heartache or money down the road.

Been around animals long enough to know that everything they do is for a reason. Momma discarded this little one for a reason. It could be something major, and she knew that this one wouldn't survive, or it could be that there are too many others and this one was the runt. It would be best to get the kitten to a vet if you haven't already. It could save you some heartache or money down the road.

Agreed there, I had a mommacat that wasn't big on the mothering thing herself, but she nursed her kittens well. The 2 I kept later developed other problems that may or may not have been congenital but they passed away within 2 years of each other. One we know know passed from kidney failure, the other passed away too quickly to get a diagnosis but it likely was the same. I kept the other going an extra year with supplements and iv therapy that was done at home, and I'm still glad I got the extra time, we treasured every moment like it was the last. Now I'm nursing along another cat that's diabetic but soon I'll have to make a choice about what is best for her, it's never easy or fun. But I couldn't bear not having a pet in the house.

I actually haven't seen that many pets named Annie. We named ours Annie because she was pretty much an orphan and kind of ragged looking when we got her...it brought to mind "Little Orphan Annie" so Annie became her name. :)

That's just how this kitten got her name, she was left in our flower bed and we know the momma

The first thing we did was call our vet, they said that at 2 days old we were doing as much if not more than they could do - - -