IGNORED

cross section of avon

payntor

not bad for 15000 but your badder then me i would had change it at 12000 :stirthepot::stirthepot: it looks like you did one helva burn out :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:, but how many of us could get 15000 out of any tire ???:thumbsup:

at 12,000 i was in the middle of the ocala national forest headed south out of jacksonville and couldn't find a dealer. and yes, a burn out was the last thing i did before i replaced the tire.

jim

at 12,000 i was in the middle of the ocala national forest headed south out of jacksonville and couldn't find a dealer. and yes, a burn out was the last thing i did before i replaced the tire.

jim

I hope you got :photographing: s of that burnout!

You know the rules!

I usely get 22,000 to 26,000 on frt and R on my 2nd gen ven with avon. My wife just replaced her avons with new ones and she got 24,000 on frt and R. I put 36psi in front and 41psi in rear.She rides a 2000 nomad.

• 3 months later...
for anyone interested here is a cross section of an avon venom rear tire i took off the bike yesterday. 15,000 miles, mainly highway miles, one up.

jim

Thanks for the Photo's, looks like almost 1/2 inch thick caseing, and 5 ply's of cord. I am estimateing that the visable side tread in the photo, seems to be 1/4 inch.

So, thats about same as the Dunlop " Elite II " Rear that I cut open. That makes me feel better about the Avon, Rear.

The Front is the one I am concerned about here. My front, at 8K, and virtually NO measurable wear. The stone went thru the " Full " Tread width, and the caseing.

Anybody have a " Front " to cut open ??

I will cross section mine when I get it off.

Thanks for the photo's

• 1 month later...
My first set of Avon's I received yesterday !

Ive run one set of Avons and wore em out,had to put metz 880s on(All I could get at that moment and in a hurry)..only 1700 miles and they started coming apart,bought another set of Avons and that is what I wil buy as long as I can ride..UNBELIEVABLE handling difference.