IGNORED

5 pin connector = PC mouse

MikeWa

In case anyone hasn't picked up on it. The 5 pin connector for the headsets on the RSV uses the same plug as the old 5 pin DIN PC mouse connector. That is the larger mouse plug used on the old AT computers. So it wouldn't be to hard to fabricate a Y adapter if someone really needed to. Cut off an old mouse cord for the male end and use a DIN to ps2 patch cord for the female end.

Mike

In case anyone hasn't picked up on it. The 5 pin connector for the headsets on the RSV uses the same plug as the old 5 pin DIN PC mouse connector. That is the larger mouse plug used on the old AT computers. So it wouldn't be to hard to fabricate a Y adapter if someone really needed to. Cut off an old mouse cord for the male end and use a DIN to ps2 patch cord for the female end.

Mike

I believe that was for the keyboard ... the mouse used a 9 pin serial port if I recall correctly. For a long time, I had a few 5 pin DIN - PS2 convertor cables plus a few extension cords ... dunno why I held onto them for so long ... finally chucked them about a year ago LOL.

I believe that was for the keyboard ... the mouse used a 9 pin serial port if I recall correctly. For a long time, I had a few 5 pin DIN - PS2 convertor cables plus a few extension cords ... dunno why I held onto them for so long ... finally chucked them about a year ago LOL.

Yep keyboard.

Originally Posted by massey130 viewpost.gif

I you know the pin out, you can run your music (audio) to external speakers when parked instead of pushing your factory speakers hard.

uhm... huh?:think:

the audio comes thru the factory plug for connecting to your helmet.

cut the keyboard cable off the keyboard. connect it to you scooter cable, find the audio out wires on the cut keyboard cable and jumber them to speakers. You may need a gender changer as I don't remember if scooter cable is male or female.

A keyboard has audio wires?

once you cut the cable off the keyboard, it is a plug with wires. it is no longer a keyboard and you have thrown away the keyboard. Or maybe you put it back on it's wall mounting plate (without it's cord).

now that you have just wire and plug, you can now route the audio signal that is coming from your scooter to some external speakers. the external speakers should have speaker wire going from themselve to the cable that came off your keyboard and is now plugged into your motorcycle's factory multi media output cable.

The headset connector is indeed a 5 pin DIN.

Why do you point out it is the same as the old PC keyboard connector?

Because that means you can dig up an old PC keyboard extender cable for little or nothing, and extend the passenger connector (which is in a hard to reach place) and extended it up under the passenger seat, to the pouch on the back of your drivers back rest like I did for my wife. :big-grin-emoticon:

Now she doesn't worry about trying to connect her head set until she is comfortably settled on the bike.

Yes that was the one. Thanks free bird. Oh and by the way for those who are not aware, the pinout for the gold wing is the same, so if you cannot find a head set that say's it is for a venture, buy a headset for a gold wing, it plugs right in and works on the Venture as well.