IGNORED

First Royale

Zane

I have a disagreement with a vendor about when the FIRST Royale was introduced. He has parts listed from 1983 as Royale parts and although most of them would possibly fit, I say it wasn't until the Mk2 came out in 1986. Prior models were known as just plain vanilla Ventures! Who's right? I looked at the Venture History and it doesn't specifically say, but I think I'm right! Help me out. It isn't an argument, I'm just a stickler for details.

I have a disagreement with a vendor about when the FIRST Royale was introduced. He has parts listed from 1983 as Royale parts and although most of them would possibly fit, I say it wasn't until the Mk2 came out in 1986. Prior models were known as just plain vanilla Ventures! Who's right? I looked at the Venture History and it doesn't specifically say, but I think I'm right! Help me out. It isn't an argument, I'm just a stickler for details.

He is right, I have an 83 Royale. Also see this.

Currently the US Yamaha parts listing is off line, so the bikebandit listing is shown.

http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1983-yamaha-motorcycle-venture-royale-xvz12tdk/o/m7869

The Mk1 Royale have CLASS & Audio systems, the Standard had the Audio system as an option.

Hey Stud (Steward),

Although few were sold compared to the Royales, there was a "Standard" offered in 1986 to 1989. We have members on this site who own them. I have never seen a Standard after 1989. In 1987 for example, The two color combo's offered were Gold and Cream, Elegant Brown and Birch Brown in the Royales, and Blue for the Standard.

Just an FYI, :thumbsup2:

Earl

Guess you lose the argument hope you didn't have a bet placed on it.

Yep I lost! No bet though. Guess I was W@#$%g. Ooooh I can't say it, I was misinformed! Nothing I said was based on fact, just speculation. Thanks for the correction from all of you!

Enough already. Really guys I was in error!

Edited by Zane
Added text