IGNORED

Pic of my new Ride

First, a special thanks to eusa1 (mike) for sending me a tank badge, I'm not sure which side it is for, as I have not yet received it, but if anyone has another laying around, I'm interested.

Here is the bike, a 2008 with 6K on it.

I have both sides here from my 2006 Midnight available.. apparently it's the only year they made them that style.. a little unique eh?

First, a special thanks to eusa1 (mike) for sending me a tank badge, I'm not sure which side it is for, as I have not yet received it, but if anyone has another laying around, I'm interested.

Here is the bike, a 2008 with 6K on it.

Nothing wrong with a nekkid tank, dood.. I'd leave it as is.. but then again, I don't like advertising for big companies for free ;)

Joe,

Nice looking scoot. I see what you mean about the missing tank badge. Ya know...if you wanted to really raise the bar of quality, I found a badge that will really impress other riders on the road.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/YAMAHA-VENTURE-ROYALE-XVZ-12-13-BADGE-PACKAGE-/270629099474?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f02c057d2

Thomas :whistling:

Edited by Midicat

I'm learning a bit more about the bike now. From the warranty info I found the original selling dealer and called him. Nice guy, he practically wanted my first born child to divulge any info about the bike. Finally he told me the owner laid it over cause he was short (hmm, like me) and dented the tank. They replaced the tank, and it didn't come with badges. He also told me the owner then had the bike lowered.

(how can I tell how they did that?)

Then he said, (can you believe) if I wanted more info and he had to spend more time with me, I had to buy something from him. Wow, nice guy. I didn't dare ask about the original dented tank. Geez ......

I'm learning a bit more about the bike now. From the warranty info I found the original selling dealer and called him. Nice guy, he practically wanted my first born child to divulge any info about the bike. Finally he told me the owner laid it over cause he was short (hmm, like me) and dented the tank. They replaced the tank, and it didn't come with badges. He also told me the owner then had the bike lowered.

(how can I tell how they did that?)

Then he said, (can you believe) if I wanted more info and he had to spend more time with me, I had to buy something from him. Wow, nice guy. I didn't dare ask about the original dented tank. Geez ......

If you look at your rear brake you can tell if it has a lowering kit by the possition of the brake caliper.If it is mounted below the swing arm it is lowered.If it is up behind the bags if probably wasn't lowered.

Thanks guys for all your help. Ya know I pick this bike up Saturday, and all this new info I'm learning about it is in some respects troubling.

Lowering the bike and having the caliper repositioned. I dunno ..... what effect does all this have on handling on the highway, braking, and for that matter warranty being voided.

The fact that the bike got (supposedly, gently) laid down, and that's why the fuel tank was replaced and no badges were put on. Hmm.... does this 9500 bucks and 6K miles still sound good?

I may be experiencing a touch of cold feet. I'm just am not sure if they are cold feet or sensible feet. :think:

Joe,

Nice looking scoot. I see what you mean about the missing tank badge. Ya know...if you wanted to really raise the bar of quality, I found a badge that will really impress other riders on the road.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/YAMAHA-VENTURE-ROYALE-XVZ-12-13-BADGE-PACKAGE-/270629099474?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f02c057d2

Thomas :whistling:

Good one!

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

does this 9500 bucks and 6K miles still sound good?

Check the title. Is it registered as a salvage? If so, then the price may be a bit high from what I've seen salvage bikes go for. There are different rules for registering a salvaged bike in different states so if it is and you're still interested in the bike check with your state and see.

Also, check out all the parts again, as carefully as you can, to determine if there are any other parts that may have hidden cracks or scrapes.

Thanks, no, no salvage title. I looks just fine also, but the warranty was something attractive as it is still in effect until 7/13, but playing with the caliper location, and riding height would seem to be a great excuse for the mfg to void the warranty, and then there goes that bit of perk.

I also thought I read somewhere on the forum, (and for the life of me I can't find it again) someone who said playing with the riding height negatively effects the ride at highway speeds.

I guess there is something to be said for the old saying ignorance is bliss ....The more I learn the more concerned I'm becoming. I dunno. maybe the lowering is a savings to me, cause I'm short also. LOL, wish I was just rich and it didn't matter what I chose. :)

Joe,

My bud, Wes0778 is a bit "vertically challenged" also. (5'6" 27" inseam) He has an older Royal Star like yours and also bought a RSV. He was riding the RSV stock but ended up sliding the forks up to drop the front end about 1.5" and he seems to be doing fine with it.

Thank you, another option I hadn't considered. That doesn't sound very difficult to do either. thanks.

I have no shortage of dumb questions, and I really appreciate all the input you guys are offering, so here's still another. :)

There are 2 antennas on the bike, one I assume is a CB? which I won't be using, so I may take it off and store it. The other is the radio I believe. Is that whip antenna really necessary for the radio or has anyone experimented with a stubby little antenna that is not quite so conspicuous? Thank you. :)