IGNORED

were are all the ventures?

latchkey

we just got back from deals gap, rode the skyway and everything back there. we have been there eight times thru out the last three years. i always look for fellow venture rides where ever we go, but this weekend there had to be twenty thousand bikes around that mtn. only seen one venture? mostly HD and goldwings.my so call riding buddys always make fun of the lack of ventures we see. there goldwingers and always try to get me to change over. there nice bikes but not comfortable for me. but i do fell like im the only one sometimes. was any of you venture rides in that area, first or 2nd generation. surely i was not alone.

Did the Skyline Drive this weekend, seen 2 RSVs on the mountain and one RSTD in Waynesboro. none were on channel 29. May have passed many??? The Scenery and Temp. made it very easy to pass a Venture blending in with all other bikes, simply "GORGEOUS". May well have been the best 3 day ride this year, sooo furrr!!!

I rode all three days this weekend and I saw more 1st and 2nd Gen Ventures this weekend than I have since I bought mine. It was great to see all of them out there. I also noticed a bunch of Ultra Glides on the road. Now they are a very nice bike and I don't see a thing wrong with owing one, but with that price tag it amazes me how many are out there.

The reason they want a Harley over a Royal Star is...................................................................................................................................................................

What would they wear if they owned a Yamaha. The only clothes they have say Harley.

I don't see Yamaha EVERYTHING, leather, belts, doo-rags, leather, boots, pants, shirts (well maybe some Yamaha shirts) undewrwear, leather underwear, oh my God!

Did the Skyline Drive this weekend, seen 2 RSVs on the mountain and one RSTD in Waynesboro. none were on channel 29. May have passed many??? The Scenery and Temp. made it very easy to pass a Venture blending in with all other bikes, simply "GORGEOUS". May well have been the best 3 day ride this year, sooo furrr!!!

I was headin N on the Pkway/ Skyline Sun. saw 2 Ventures, mite have been you:think: it was perfect up there wasnt it:thumbsup: Craig

What would they wear if they owned a Yamaha. The only clothes they have say Harley.

I don't see Yamaha EVERYTHING, leather, belts, doo-rags, leather, boots, pants, shirts (well maybe some Yamaha shirts) undewrwear, leather underwear, oh my God!

That is the one thing I really don't get - I like being able to wear whatever I want. I actually busted out laughing the other day, I couldn't help myself. A guy was in the intersection in front of me and I usually don't care what anyone does, each to their own, but all of a sudden the harley jacket, harley helmet, harley glasses, harley boots, etc... seemed really funny.

(my boots are harley, just don't tell anyone, k?) ;-)

none were on channel 29.

Is that the common channel? I wondered about that a while ago but never found anything, it's been decided then? I will keep mine on then!

But, we look like a Harley so it confuses the crap out of everyone - should have put a wing trunk on it we could join any group
I saw one of those at Two Wheels Only in Suches N. Ga. last spring. It was a 1st gen MKII with a gold wing trunk and saddle bags, On the rear of the trunk he had cleverly arranged the badge to read Yamawing.

Never Never ride Deals gap on the weekend and certianlly not on a holiday. Always during the week. Way to many crotch rockets acting crazy.

I beg to differ. I was on the dragon/deals gap sunday. The crotch rockets were having a hard time with me and my first gen.

And I seen and stopped and talked top a couple on a beautifull MKI . Told them about this group/website.

David

Never Never ride Deals gap on the weekend and certianlly not on a holiday. Always during the week. Way to many crotch rockets acting crazy.

We rode right through ( we go early the crazies haven't even rolled over ) seen a few bikes and had Hellbender to ourselves. :)

We ride over a lot just for lunch, soup and a grilled cheese and drink @ $6. :big-grin-emoticon:

I was headin N on the Pkway/ Skyline Sun. saw 2 Ventures, mite have been you:think: it was perfect up there wasnt it:thumbsup: Craig

Yes could have been me:confused07:. Blue and black RSV left Front Royal @ 8am, ate in Luray @ 2 , checked in Waynesboro Quality Inn @ 8 and PIGGED OUT @ Golden Corral and I mean ate until it hurt.( the SEE food diet ):fatsmiley: I remember a RSV after late lunch and tried channel 29 ( I read in a post ) but got no response. Would have been great to met and done a break with you on, yes a perfect day/ride. I was riding lead in a 6 mixed bike group, if that helps?? Maybe next ride ?:fingers-crossed-emo Freddie