IGNORED

Motorcycle Cannonball Endurance: Coast to Coast

mini-muffin

Thought some of you might be interested in seeing this as it goes across the country. Starts here in NC in Kitty Hawk and end up in Santa Monica CA. Looks pretty interesting all the bikes are 1916 and earlier. We're gonna head over to see them before they leave Kitty Hawk this week.

http://www.motorcyclecannonball.com/

Margaret

Thanks for the Heads up Mini, some of us in North west Alabama are gonna ride up to Rocket Harley and then back down to Fosters Harley where they will do Dinner.

We really do enjoy these old bikes, These guys who keep these old bikes running are to be commended.

Edited by Big-bird

Geez, wouldn't Quickstep love to see them :thumbsup2:

Some years back we were crossing the big paddock [Nullabor] from west to east..and met some old blokes on vintage Vincent motorcycles. They had pulled them apart, shipped them from England, put them back together, and were riding them around Australia. :happy65::happy65:

One of them said to me " Old bikes shouldn't be in museums, they should be ridden, that's what they were made for" :happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis

Thanks for this posting babe...looks like it will be passing right thru where I live, with an overnight stop just 90 miles from me.

Might have to go check it out.

Helped me understand a little better what Dad's old 1920's something Indian must have looked like that he was riding when he saw Mom on her parents front porch, and pulled into the drive way, ... and the Tharp family was then under way!

JackZ

Jack Tharp

Ft Collins, CO :farmer:

I got to see them yesterday in Greenville. I got a few good pics and will try to upload some.

Earl

Rode over to Maggie Valley today and met up with Nighthawk for lunch at Salty Dogs.Then we rode over to Wheels Through Time museum and waited,and waited,and waited and waited some more then the bikes started arriving.I would love to tag along on next years run as support crew.I can see it now.A Venture with a trailer picking up broke down bikes on the side of the road.Hmmmmmmmmmm

Guest tx2sturgis

On Saturday I called a national program on XM/Sirius radio and told them about this run...so at least 10 other people know about it now!

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

:sign20:Geeze... The first three stages, and they ain't outta North Carolina yet, and the mortality rate is climbing.. Hope someone makes it to Santa Monica in 2 weeks..... :) Can you imagine being caught behind those bikes and chase vehicles going over the Rockies, or in L.A. traffic.... :sign woo hoo: Almost as bad as following a 2ndGen//// :rotfl::rotfl: