IGNORED

How old is old?

Trader

Well with a post title like that, you asked for it.... 'Specialy on this board... :rotf: Actually the numbering started at 100 here in the US, and we have a member who has that bike. As far as one imported into the UK it looks like you may have a different numbering system as all '83's in the US have 'D' as the year designation in the in Vin#. 'N' here in the US would tell us it's a 1992 model year.

Old is only relevant if you can't remember what you did yesterday. I never have problems on Wednesdays, so today will be a good day!!

The other nice thing about 'old' I understand, is that everyday is the 1st day of the rest of your life, so I take that as truth, and so make it my point to rest a lot,, seems to be good for the health,,, at least so they say,, so I who am I to argue.

Old is only relevant if you can't remember what you did yesterday. I never have problems on Wednesdays, so today will be a good day!!

The other nice thing about 'old' I understand, is that everyday is the 1st day of the rest of your life, so I take that as truth, and so make it my point to rest a lot,, seems to be good for the health,,, at least so they say,, so I who am I to argue.

Get to work Carl!!!!!

Get to work Carl!!!!!

I AM at work,,,, not easy this new job of mine,,, keep forgetting what comes next,,, so then I need a nap to let my body catch up to my,,,,, darn,,,, forgot that now!

Well....If you want to know how old is old just ask Marcarl

:stickpoke:

Yep, seen some around a time or two, some is big and some are small, but I don't think I'm old at all.

Now first thing in the morning I wonder some times when I look next to,,,, I better not say that either,,,,,,, dog house is not built yet.

interesting links....thanks for that....I guess the problem with my bike is that the vin # is NOT 17 digits...it is only 9 digits.

Using The link to WikiAnswers...my bike is a chev, manufactured in Mexico!:rotf:

anyway...I double checked the vin to ensure it was accurate on my ownership and I noticed the plate (located on the bottom frame rail, right side under the running board) has a date of manufacture on it. FEB 1983

So that answers that...anyway.

interesting links....thanks for that....I guess the problem with my bike is that the vin # is NOT 17 digits...it is only 9 digits.

Using The link to WikiAnswers...my bike is a chev, manufactured in Mexico!:rotf:

anyway...I double checked the vin to ensure it was accurate on my ownership and I noticed the plate (located on the bottom frame rail, right side under the running board) has a date of manufacture on it. FEB 1983

So that answers that...anyway.

Wow, am I glad you got your answer, I thought this thread was having to go on forever to get it all straight for ya. Did you not notice all the little hints posted here and there?

Sorry to bust your bubble Carl but today is TUESDAY !

But if today is a good day... then tomorrow will be even better !

Now as for today being Tuesday, I have a little problem spelling that day so mostly it's just skipped or disregarded altogether, that way I don't get any spelling comments from the half that's better, but just to set your mind at ease I know that today is probably Wednesday, or most likely the day after the day of Monday, which would make it AirShow day in Brantford.