IGNORED

Help With Bleeding clutch

hunter 1500

I changing the brake cables and clutch cables and need to bleed the clutch but cant find the bleeder to bleed it with. Need help urgently. Thanks

Interesting - you think you changed the "clutch cables", but there ain't no such thing on this bike. Based on that, I do not believe any advice is possible.

Perhaps you need to re-check for us what bike you are working on and what parts you have actually replaced?

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

Interesting - you think you changed the "clutch cables", but there ain't no such thing on this bike. Based on that, I do not believe any advice is possible.

Perhaps you need to re-check for us what bike you are working on and what parts you have actually replaced?

Goose

Smart Ass huh. Would you prefer Clutch lines or Clutch hoses.

Goose

As I expressed to you in a PM last night, I believe you owe this poster an apology. I may be alone in this , but I think you went way over the line considering your position as a moderator by insulting this member.

And the cowardly attempt to soften what you had said by editing your post and adding the second paragraph makes your actions seem more childish.

Gary

Gary, I think you are just as far out of line as you think I was.

If the OP was insulted, then I happily offer this public apology, for no insult was intended. I am sorry.

But let's understand something else. I spend way too much time on this board trying to help people who actually need it to waste my time on assumptions and misdirection. There is no doubt that I have made those assumptions about someone's request for help many times in the past, and often wasted both my own time and that of everyone else reading the thread by responding to something that did not apply, such as a request for help that did not specifically state it was on a 1st generation bike. So I TRY to avoid the assumptions.

Many members ask questions about bikes that are not even Ventures, let alone trying to guess between a 1st gen and 2nd gen. This question was not even asked in one of the technical forums, which would have helped in my being willing to make the same assumptions you did. In addition to not mentioning the specific bike to which it applied, the question clearly stated that something was changed that does not exist on this bike, but DOES exist on many other bikes. You and the OP may both prefer that I just ignore such a post rather than pointing out that there may not be enough accurate information to elicit a useful response.

I do admit that my responses to people often lack tact - that is not intentional, but it is something that has been a problem for me my entire life. I am left with the decision of trying to help people despite my lack of tact, or just ignoring them.

Goose

Gary, I think you are just as far out of line as you think I was.

If the OP was insulted, then I happily offer this public apology, for no insult was intended. I am sorry.

But let's understand something else. I spend way too much time on this board trying to help people who actually need it to waste my time on assumptions and misdirection. There is no doubt that I have made those assumptions about someone's request for help many times in the past, and often wasted both my own time and that of everyone else reading the thread by responding to something that did not apply, such as a request for help that did not specifically state it was on a 1st generation bike. So I TRY to avoid the assumptions.

Many members ask questions about bikes that are not even Ventures, let alone trying to guess between a 1st gen and 2nd gen. This question was not even asked in one of the technical forums, which would have helped in my being willing to make the same assumptions you did. In addition to not mentioning the specific bike to which it applied, the question clearly stated that something was changed that does not exist on this bike, but DOES exist on many other bikes. You and the OP may both prefer that I just ignore such a post rather than pointing out that there may not be enough accurate information to elicit a useful response.

I do admit that my responses to people often lack tact - that is not intentional, but it is something that has been a problem for me my entire life. I am left with the decision of trying to help people despite my lack of tact, or just ignoring them.

Goose

Ok number one my bike is in my profile and I wouldn't be on here asking about anouther type of bike. Not only that but I had already thanked people that were helpful. Yes I was insulted only because I wouldn't think a Mod would make a comment like that. But I have thick skin and have been on motorcycle forums for years and have seen it all....

Ok number one my bike is in my profile and I wouldn't be on here asking about anouther type of bike. Not only that but I had already thanked people that were helpful. Yes I was insulted only because I wouldn't think a Mod would make a comment like that. But I have thick skin and have been on motorcycle forums for years and have seen it all....

Your bike may be listed in your profile, but when you are asking others to help you, I would strongly urge you to take the little extra effort to provide the relevant information that they may need without expecting them to take the extra effort to research it.

In addition, just because you would not ask a question here about another bike does not mean that nobody else would do it. In fact it is not that uncommon.

Goose

Goose

What makes all this last post sound very self serving is the fact that in your initial post, you in no way tried to offer any sage technical advice to the thread. You just insulted the poster for not using the proper term for something.

You later added the line "Perhaps you need to re-check for us what bike you are working on and what parts you have actually replaced?" to try to make the first paragraph, which is still insulting, sound a little more palatable.

You did try to soften your tirade after I sent you a PM and said I thought you were acting in a manner that a moderator should try discourage, rather than being the instigator of.

As you, I have often annoyed other people over the course of my lifetime. That is easy for me to do face to face. I have found if I engage a few brain cells before hitting the Submit button, I do this less over the internet though.

Gary

Hunter glad you got your clutch bled. Don't let this attitude stop you from asking questions. 99.9 per cent of the time you will get great answers. This is a Great site with very few drawbacks.

Yes I've got the clutch line and brake lines bled and the new throttle cables and handlebars on. Thanks to the nice people on this forum. I bought it all from Rick at Buckeye on recomendations from this forum. I have gotten a lot of good info from here and other forums and will continue to do so. This was all a last minute job as I am heading to Snowshoe WV for a week of riding your beautiful state. 14 of us from another forum (Intruder Alert) will be renting a house there.

You Know Dingy, (Gary) you and I have butted heads a few times on this forum, Until I actually met you at Don's Maint Day this year, saw what you had done to your bike and talked with you a while, I have decided that you are very passionate about the information you share with the other members of this forum. I have to say that you are right on this time! Some members are just plain mean by nature, and the price you pay for what little bit of information you receive is far outweighed by the amount of BS you have to tolerate to get to it.

I for one am glad that Hunter1500 was able to get his clutch and brake lines installed , and bled properly, with the help of the good natured, helpful and friendly members of this forum.

If I was doing something that was making "Blood Squirt from my eyes" while I was at it, perhaps I would take up Gardening.:doh: Moderation of plant growth might be at a more suitable pace than interacting with fellow human beings.

Earl

Yes I've got the clutch line and brake lines bled and the new throttle cables and handlebars on. Thanks to the nice people on this forum. I bought it all from Rick at Buckeye on recomendations from this forum. I have gotten a lot of good info from here and other forums and will continue to do so. This was all a last minute job as I am heading to Snowshoe WV for a week of riding your beautiful state. 14 of us from another forum (Intruder Alert) will be renting a house there.

Glad it got done, but I want to mention that Intruder Alert was my home while I rode my Suzuki Intruder. That is a fantastic site as well.

Dave

Goose,,,,, when I read your post, I laughed, I thought it was a neat, comical way of asking for more specific info.

Loosen up folks, we are a family here, and so want to help each other. Often time the words don't come across as intended, so give us all a break, take it all with a grain of salt, look for the humor first, and if you don't feel well, take that into consideration as well. Very seldom does one intend to pi$$ somebody off, and if that is the intention, then our Mods some take care of the issue.

SO LIGHTEN UP,,,,THANKS

when looking at gravel, no 2 pieces are the same, yet they all fit in the same bag.

I love this site and look at everyone like they are, a bit different but all riders.

also, i want to thank everyone who has given me help with my 08 RSV and given me laughs on other stuff.

don't stop being yer selvs.

when looking at gravel, no 2 pieces are the same, yet they all fit in the same bag.

In my line off work (Civil Engineering) 2 pieces of different gravel DO NOT fit in the same bag :witch_brew:

It's all in how you look at it.

Stepping out now before someone starts chopping my head ...

SGN

Goose,,,,, when I read your post, I laughed, I thought it was a neat, comical way of asking for more specific info.

Loosen up folks, we are a family here, and so want to help each other. Often time the words don't come across as intended, so give us all a break, take it all with a grain of salt, look for the humor first, and if you don't feel well, take that into consideration as well. Very seldom does one intend to pi$$ somebody off, and if that is the intention, then our Mods some take care of the issue.

SO LIGHTEN UP,,,,THANKS

Who are the Moderators???:rotfl::rotfl:

Just asking