IGNORED

Divorce mediation

Venturous Randy

I am leaving work for our mediation in a few minutes. For someone that put very little into a marriage, she sure wants a lot out of it.

hummmm... what is a 27 year old Yamaha with 135,000 miles on it worth anyway?

RandyA

After everything is over, I know a 21 yr old knockout blond that would take a ride with you to bump into your ex just to piss her off. :rotfl:

All I can say is get through it, make sure it is sewed up tight and done - trying to be nice, I mistakenly gave my ex time (years) to do things like take over the mortgage (or sell, her choice), etc... and it bit me. It's tough, but get it done and done once.

You know why divorce is so expensive ??? Because it is WORTH IT !

By the way, after you get through the dark period (and there certainly is one), there is fantastic light at the end of the tunnel. I am happily remarried to a fantastic woman.

Best of luck to you!! I can honestly feel your pain. I have my mediation scheduled for next month. I know I won't be able to hang on to both of my bikes (as well as a retirement account or 2), but I am going to fight like hell to keep my Venture.:mo money::mo money:

By the way, after you get through the dark period (and there certainly is one), there is fantastic light at the end of the tunnel. I am happily remarried to a fantastic woman.

DITTO THAT!!!

After all the B/S and expense my ex & I went through, basically losing everything and going thru bankruptcy, she and I are friends and we both wish we'd done it a simple way. Problem is, when it's happening, nobody thinks clearly.

I am leaving work for our mediation in a few minutes. For someone that put very little into a marriage, she sure wants a lot out of it.

hummmm... what is a 27 year old Yamaha with 135,000 miles on it worth anyway?

RandyA

This what my friend did I bought his Motorctcle out right for $50.00 and gave him the $3000.00 undrt the table

She got $ 25.00:rotfl:

It's probably too late now, but make sure you read your state's laws on divorce. It usually is pretty well spelled out how you will get screwed and the soon to be ex will benefit. Valuations are usually fire sale valuations. On vehicles - trade-in value. On furnishings and home belongings - yard sale values. Electronics - more than 10 years old - worthless.

Went thru a mediation and came up with a good plan for both of us. The now-ex took it to a lawyer to review (understandable) and he told her she could get much more out of me. $6,000 in her lawyer fees later (I read the law off the internet) she got virtually the same as was in the original mediated agreement. And yes, she had to pay the lawyer fees out of her part of the settlement.

Good luck. Remember there are no winners in a divorce. Sometimes one just looses more than the other. My condolences.

It does get better.

RR

ok im a female. and i just want to say sorry to hear about your up comming divorce. and im for you. i think if a woman is so nasty as to take a man for everything he has

when this man allready gave all he had while married

just is not worth haveing in the first place.

there is more in this world then material things.

and if shes this kind of woman i hope she finds a man who is a boozer

lazy good for nothing sitting at home and makes his wife work for him

sorry i know you must have loved her?

but did she love you ? or just what you could give her?

you will find another wonderfull woman.. maybe at a biker rally

keep the faith it will all work out in the end

i hope she finds a biker whos bike is a ten speed huffy:Laugh:

So far, no good.

We did agree on several things, but she is demanding $500 a month alimony. Right now I am having to pay $200 a month spousal support and that has really got me tight along with paying for all the bills, including a $8,000 credit card that was 90% hers. It looks like now that the only ones that will have any money left is the lawyers. :confused24:

Thanks everyone for the comments, I really do appreciate them.

RandyA

Guest scarylarry

Sorry dude I been there more times than I care to mention here..

Best advise is don't speak and they will hang their selfs happen to me, You can hope she pisses her lawyer off that works real well..

Best advice is a cold 6 pack and nice deck to sit on, or if you are not tested and you know the rest :big-grin-emoticon:

Been there and done that "TWICE". The state of Tenn. is a no fault state. If you can't sit down together and compromise the division of property then you make a list of your wants and she makes a list. Then you mediate and make a deal. Say if you have 2 cars then you get 1 and she gets the other. If you agree to pay a bill then she has to give up something that she wants,like alamony. If you want to keep your bike then you have to give in to 1 of her wants but not one that has already been decided on. Then you work back and forth until the lists are settled. What can't be settled will be left for the Judge to decide on. If you own your home and the 2 of you can't decide on who gets it then he will declare it to be sold and the money to be split. The real sticky part in the state of Tenn. is if you have children together under the age of 18. If either party doesn't agree to the mutual split of property then the Judge will declare that all property that is not necessary to be sold and split. A lot of times there will be no alamony and each party will get 1 mode of transportation and their own clothing. Just talking from experience.

Hey my friend,

As you can tell by now you are not the first one to go through the wrath of a divorce..

You have already come to the conclusion that the only ones who make out are the attorneys..

I pray your wife figures this out too, where you both can come to a sound decision that suits you both fairly and be able to walk away as friends.

Now, as being your friend Randy, I strongly ask you not to do anything stupid that you will regret..

Take a deep breath, take it all in, live through it like many of us have, and you will be a much stronger person in the end, a more wealthier person (which you cant see right now), but best of all........you will be much wiser...

Your friend..:thumbsup2:

Eck

All I can say is get through it, make sure it is sewed up tight and done - trying to be nice, I mistakenly gave my ex time (years) to do things like take over the mortgage (or sell, her choice), etc... and it bit me. It's tough, but get it done and done once.

You know why divorce is so expensive ??? Because it is WORTH IT !

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. I also have been there and it is wise to make sure everything is sewed up tight. Don't walk away with anything left on the table. Take it from me, who got his clock cleaned. But I wanted out so bad it was worth it. Things do go on and things do get better. :080402gudl_prv:

Been there done that. Took about five years to get back on my feet, but now 11 years later I'm better than ever. I do have a case going to the supreme court over her stubborness of not letting my son stay with me more. He wants more time with his dad, but she being a pain. Her time will come because she is now digging her own hole she can't get out of. Hang in there Randy, it does get better........