IGNORED

Why I make saw dust

Hummingbird

Nice table.

I started woodworking because I needed a certain size end table and couldn't find one, so I built one and it turned out really nice. Most of the wood furniture in my house is custom made by me :)

:clap2:

I used to rebuild antiques/collectables etc but then getting the furniture stripped in a timely/economical manner became impossible. A lot of our furniture is what I call pre-welfare era stuff. It's all oak and ash pieces that I saved from the wood pile. I also have more than several pieces that I built either because it was too expensive to buy or just because I wanted to see if I could replicate it.

That was the beginning of a small part time business. don't make much money at it but I do have a lot of fun creating.

here's a picture of the lower section of the cabinet that nearly cost me my thumb. Linda won't let me finish the top section yet ( I couldn't if I wanted to ) can't stand to use my thumb yet but I'm having a hard time not turning the saw on

What did you use

to get the blood stains

out of the wood?

What did you use

to get the blood stains

out of the wood?

most of the stains were on the saw, some behind me on the router table, all over my shirt along with what looked like saw dust, you know, little chunks of stuff.

luck smiled upon me tho - didn't mess up any wood :smile5:

During the winter last year, I did some sawdust making as well. Not my expertize really. All the sawdust I make seems to end up on my scoot, helps protect it from any would be thieves,, and if someone should want to pay for it, I could get extra, seeing as it's sooo old and dust covered, helps with the authenticity, I guess, hope.

You do nice work Dick, just be a bit more careful, thumbs are handy things.