IGNORED

To Wave or Not to Wave?

AKRefugee

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old guys on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa, and while your at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why they don't spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on the top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave I just keep going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green, my butt. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Venutre, and I'll only wave at Venture guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Ventures, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special.:soapbox: :big-grin-emoticon:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bud you got some major issues and a really big screw loose.

I wave to every one specially the little ones that are waving from the corner or the little people with there noises pushed up against the glass in the back seat of mom and dads car

I dont care what you ride ill wave with a smile just to let every one know I am having a great day and if they dont wave to me thats ok to maybe they will figure out there the ones having a crapy day and my wave may just make them feel better

so heres a wave to U even if you have a loose screw:15_8_211[1]:

Jeep owners had similar mindsets about waving to each other.

CJ-5 vs CJ7, vs newer, vs older, vs real, vs memorex, vs

All in good fun.

BTW my last was an '86 CJ-7, last of it's kind.

I'd stop if I saw another Jeep on the side of the road...

Am I showing my age yet? Those were some of, "the good old days."

I rode BMW's for years and waved at ever bike I saw, wheather it was a scooter,sportbike,touring bike or just a bike I waved!! Not all waved back but at least I was friendly toward them. Alot of BMW rider are really serious about safety and safety equipment ,helmets, leathers etc. I was in Germany four times and never saw anyone riding without a full set of leathers on, all color matched to their bike. I have have some Venture riders not return a wave.

tew47

I ride my RSV and wave to just about everyone. About the only time i don't is in a curve or if I'm shifting. I also have a Jeep TJ. I wave at all Wranglers. Sometimes I wave to bikes when I'm in the Jeep. Sometimes I wave to Jeeps when I'm on the bike. My wife says I need to get a school bus nuxt.

I guess you wont be riding with this family ,,there's Harleys,,,,Kawasakis. Hondas.......BMWs.... WE ALL RIDE TOGETHER AND WE WAVE TO EVERYONE

One thing about this family is that they have Respect to one another and to others who ride a Motorcycle and I see you have none

I guess you wont be riding with this family ,,there's Harleys,,,,Kawasakis. Hondas.......BMWs.... WE ALL RIDE TOGETHER AND WE WAVE TO EVERYONE

One thing about this family is that they have Respect to one another and to others who ride a Motorcycle and I see you have none

easy...charlie....

you took it all wrongly...

i think its a hillarious article...

havent laughed so much in a while.:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

thanks AKRefugee. that was awesome.:rotf: