IGNORED

Wisconsin maintanence day is ON-July 31st in Sauk City

eagleeye

I have not even started packing yet.

I had to ride the bike to work, the rules at work are, do not bring anything with you that would still like to own at the end of the day.

Do not lock doors or trunks to force some punk kid (I am being as PG rated as possible here) to break in to find out that there is nothing to steal.

When the kids go thru the lot they will leave every car door open. If your car was locked then you will have a broken window and your door left open. They leave when they have as much as they can carry or someone notices them and comes running out of the building to yell at them.

I'm still hoping that my parts show up today.

I am planning to leave Milwaukee around 7:00 or 8:00 Sat morning.

Still undecided on the route that I will take. If it looks like rain then I will take the fastest route, I94, if it nice then I may take the back roads.

At least there is a DQ AND a Culvers, just 3 blocks away.

I wonder if either of them have an ice-cream shuttle??????

Edited by Flyinfool

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing you should all know-Garage is on the alley, pull around to the back

I hope they sell Leinenkugel Red in Sauk City.

I'm thinking that there is a good chance:thumbsup2:

Jeff, just hop on 94to90to19to12 and your'e here.

Bubber, we'll be watchin for ya. might even have a cold one waiting.

Steve

Edited by eagleeye

Hey Eagleeye,

Thanks for your hospitality, use of your tools and garage and...... and the food... WOW you sure know how to do it right... well except the Chemicals (Northwoods Syrup).

Sure was nice to meet everyone and for yours helps on my bike.

Only got a block away from your house and my right front brake pads started scrapping metal to metal (it was OK I just didn't use my hand brake) and then down the road about twenty miles the headlight warning light came on, after hitting the starter button several times the warning light went off and on, and then finally settled down.

I got "USED" by two Crotch Rocket ding-a-lings just outside Houston MN. They were doing about 50, I passed them and then they came roaring past me on both sides, I was doing 65 and all I saw was a blue flash on the left followed by a yellow flash on the right. All I could think was stupid kids but then I remembered I did that krazy thing myself.

Got home at 7:41

Tom

Hey Eagleeye,

Thanks for your hospitality, use of your tools and garage and...... and the food... WOW you sure know how to do it right... well except the Chemicals (Northwoods Syrup).

Sure was nice to meet everyone and for yours helps on my bike.

Only got a block away from your house and my right front brake pads started scrapping metal to metal (it was OK I just didn't use my hand brake) and then down the road about twenty miles the headlight warning light came on, after hitting the starter button several times the warning light went off and on, and then finally settled down.

I got "USED" by two Crotch Rocket ding-a-lings just outside Houston MN. They were doing about 50, I passed them and then they came roaring past me on both sides, I was doing 65 and all I saw was a blue flash on the left followed by a yellow flash on the right. All I could think was stupid kids but then I remembered I did that krazy thing myself.

Got home at 7:41

Tom

Tom,

Ya should have said something about the brakes. I had two pair of front brake pads with me (although they were for 2nd Gen - don't know if they are the same).

Glad you made it home safely.

RR

Tom,

Ya should have said something about the brakes. I had two pair of front brake pads with me (although they were for 2nd Gen - don't know if they are the same).

Glad you made it home safely.

RR

I didn't even think about it at the time and then also, I have R6 calipers on it.

Steve

Thanks for hosting a great day.

I met a bunch of new people, terrorized some.

I just made it home at 11:30, I nice uneventful ride other than having to stop 3 times to clean the dead critters off the windshield. Never saw a deer the whole trip, just the hundreds of critters that committed suicide on the front of my bike.

I did get to make an obnoxious HD feel bad.

Tom,

I also had a set of 1st gen brake pads with me. I was going to put them on but got to busy helping others. The ones that I was going to pull are still about 50% Would have been better than metal on metal. and still given you full stopping power for the ride home.

Well, Bubber left about a half hour ago, he was the last one to leave but stuck around to help me clean up and get the boat and stuff back in the garage.

It seemed like a good turnout. I think there were about 16 bikes or so here

After the last two days it's pretty quiet around here. But I'd just like to thank everyone who came for making it a great weekend with some good friends.

I'd like to thank Flyinfool and FJR for spending a lot of time wiring my new gps and driving lights, and adding a fuse panel and ground panel. It's a thing of beauty.

But I do feel bad that Jeff didn't get done to his bike what he wanted. Too busy helping other people-What a guy! and those polish sausage? WOW

Ride safe,

Steve

I got home about 5:30pm and hit sprinkles about 2 miles south of North Branch.

Saw lots of cops :moon: and there was lot of traffic heading west toward St.Paul.

I had a great time with great friends, new and the previously met ones.

You guys treated me like a king and WOW what great breakfasts you all served.:banana::banana::banana:

Great conversation, great BS'ing, got a little work done and drank a little beer too (by accident). :ignore:

I didn't look at the final mileage but it was close to 600 round trip.

Thanks for having us all and thanks to every one that came to either help or offer moral support. We got a lot of work done some how.

Vent worked fine and it is still attached.:yikes:

Bubber

My first MD and it was fun. I want to thank the host :thumbsup2: great turn out . The people that rode down with me were very impressed with how helpful and friendly everyone was. Thanks Scooter Bob for buying the filters. Thanks again to the host. GREAT TIME

Too many back roads and sight seein' fer us. Buuber and Yooper beat us home.

We took Red Rider's color tune back as well.

Thanks for the great times and food and friends and just plain fun.

Here' a couple pics of Bubber's trailer. The ideas are rolling in my head big time.

Later, Scooter Bob