IGNORED

Bag linners for 2nd Gen RSV

KiteSquid

I have the oem bags from yamaha they are a little expensive but they work great.

I also have the trunk bag. They all make packing and unpacking easy.

There is someone on the forum here that makes them ,sorry I don't remember who. I did see his bags and they are good too.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/203/403/1596/1/0/0/1/4/90/69/57995/saddlebag-liners.aspx

gotta second on the bag Liners I got from Beer30. Great quality and price!!!!!! :thumbsup2:

Hey! Sumpin don't sound right here! All I got from Beer was 3 Walmart bags and they weren't that inexpensive either. They work ok, though. Maybe a little flimsy.

:rotf:

Those whom want the liners,

I might be able to get some more made. Just talking with the Boss, she said it might , just might be doable to get some more liners made before we leave for MD. Of course I have 2 orders to complete first and ship out before anyone else or my head will roll. Now I do have a set for a 2nd Gen avaialble in Black, that I was planning to take to MD. If I remember correctly, I have 3 sets each for the MKI and the MKII cut out and ready to sew up. I might just be able to cut and sew up 6 more sets for the 2nd Gen's if we can squeeze them into the line. Now I'm not making any promises, but to say I will try as hard as we can to make. In our line of business, the troops come first!

The cost of the bags will be $80.00 per the 3 piece set, which will include both saddle bags and the trunk liners. That's $5.00 more than last year , but the price of raw goods have gone up. Sorry cannot help that. I will try my hardest to get them made to bring to MD.

BEER30

I might be able to get some more made. Just talking with the Boss, she said it might , just might be doable to get some more liners made before we leave for MD. Of course I have 2 orders to complete first and ship out before anyone else or my head will roll. Now I do have a set for a 2nd Gen avaialble in Black, that I was planning to take to MD. If I remember correctly, I have 3 sets each for the MKI and the MKII cut out and ready to sew up. I might just be able to cut and sew up 6 more sets for the 2nd Gen's if we can squeeze them into the line. Now I'm not making any promises, but to say I will try as hard as we can to make. In our line of business, the troops come first!

The cost of the bags will be $80.00 per the 3 piece set, which will include both saddle bags and the trunk liners. That's $5.00 more than last year , but the price of raw goods have gone up. Sorry cannot help that. I will try my hardest to get them made to bring to MD.

BEER30

Just out of curiosity (I KNOW and fully understand you are busy and that you are doing this on the side), do you still have a big list of members that are waiting for you to have the time to make them or has that dwindled/gotten lost? Just sort of wondering if I got passed up or if you just haven't had time...

Edited by LilBeaver

BEER30

I would be interested in a set but I don't need them befor MD. So no rush there. :missingtooth:

Let me know when you get back what the time table would be.

Bubber

• 2 weeks later...
I am looking for a set of bag liners for my '07 RSV.

For those who have them, what are your recommendations?

Have you decided/gotten on a set yet? If not I have a set of the Yamaha ones in the classifieds - great condition.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2912&title=saddle-bag-liners-for-99-10-rsv282nd-gen-29-2c-05-10-rstd&cat=7

I personally do NOT recommend the Bestem bags, not for the liners or the trunk rack. Although they are made reasonably well, the zippers are really chintzy. The teeth are really small and mismatch often, but the worst part is the zipper pulls are tiny and made of very thin pot metal. I have had several sets, and at least half the zippers are broken (bought first set and got another with a used bike). Just had another one snap off on my way to Ohio last week, and that zipper was one I almost never open. I HAVE used them a lot, but just about any other brand would be a much better value!

Goose

• 2 months later...

Just received the TLCproducts bags (full set). Haven't had a chance to use them yet but ordered on the 15th, received on the 27th.... and this is across the border.

I had sent an email last week asking when I should expect delivery and instead of emailing back they called me. Good customer service/follow up !