IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got in a short little ride today. Only put on about 280 miles.

Not much excitement in today's events, but if you are really interested I'll take you back to a few days ago with the invitation to go out for the ride.

Thursday afternoon she stopped me outside her office and we chatted a bit and she had asked if I wanted to go for a ride this weekend. I had [of course] agreed; it has been a few weeks since I had been out for a ride (other than to and from my lab).

Fast forward to this morning. As I was getting the bike ready to go, I had started to wonder if it was going to be just the two of us or of 'he' was going to join us too.

Met up in the parking lot for the ride, her and the b/f(?) were there. No biggie. We had our minor chit chat and then hit the road around 1130.

The plan was to spend several hours out riding, so that is what we did. No one had any real time constraints so we all agreed for a nice leisurely ride and figured a stop for lunch would be alright. I had a tentative route in mind to begin with, since I am usually the one that ends up making the decisions on where to ride (mostly because I have ridden around the panhandle a bit more) - I chose a route that would take us out through some canyons and through some small towns and still have us back at a reasonable time. I had some stops tentatively planned for fuel purposes (her bike has a 3.7gal tank - so I figured making sure to keep everyone NOT running out of fuel would be fine). First stop happened about 5 minutes after we left; we all topped off before hitting the road since there is not much of anything away from the dusty ol' town of Lubbock... We rode about 70 miles or so when we were forced to stop because her windshield had come loose. No big deal, between me and the b/f we got her fixed up enough to get her to the next closest hardware store to pick up a replacement bolt and lock-washer. Good thing one of us carries tools with him :happy34:. Minor issue, but resolved with no damage to her bike or windshield.

That resolved, we chatted about where and when to eat so while I packed up my tools we figured we'd stop at a little 'mom and pop' type place near my suggested fuel stop that was now about 30 miles away, so we boogied on again. Pulled into this dusty little town, topped off and then pulled in for a bite to eat. I was not really sure what to expect, both from the restaurant and from the forced socialization among us all since it had been a while since I had seen or heard anything about him; although thus far into the day and ride all was rather stable. Nothing more than small talk/chit chat and when it came to adapting and fixing up her windshield to get her on to the hardware store, there was very little chatting that went on at all. I just got my tools out, made a few suggestions and went to work. Back to lunch... The food was mediocre, but we sat around for 30-45 minutes and chatted - so it turned out to be an alright visit... at least that is how it ended. To begin with, the interactions among the 3 of us were okay. We talked about various 'small' things related to motorcycle traveling, general b.s. and how we felt about how the ride was going. While we sat there waiting for our food and the chat continued it seemed to sort of slow down and get a little more uncomfortable. Mostly between the two of them. I started to notice some looks that were going back and forth and whatever but there was some apparent effort to act as if everything was okay. Not long after this our food showed up - which re-broke the 'ice'. Not long after the food arrived she excused her self to go take care of business which left me and him. Now, up until this point I have made a pretty good effort to be friendly, welcoming and very neutral about everything. After all, I really was just happy to be out on the bike and enjoying the day. I took advantage of the opportunity that presented itself when she got up to clear the air with me and him. I am not one to play any of these goofy 'games' or whatever so I just came out and said what was on my mind. I simply cleared the air, straight and to the point; I did catch him off guard but he was rather appreciative of my

'directness'. There was not much more, in terms of 'in depth' conversation but enough was said that had apparently put him 'at ease' as the rest of lunch lacked some of the weird looks and strange body language.

So lunch was finished and we had agreed at the next leg of the tentative route so we squared up the checks and hit the 'ol dusty trail.

Some more riding, through some canyons, over some ridges and then back to the plain old boring F-L-A-T fields and wind... Oh boy the wind.

Next stop was a fuel stop that also included some brief and quick troubleshooting on her bike - it had chugged a little bit more than usual. Topped off and gave her a few ounces of seafoam and it cleared right up (I suspect poor quality fuel or small amount of moisture -- thanks to the awesome panhandle fuel).

Back on the road, yet again, this time he took the lead (I had been leading up to this point) and another 45 miles or so and we got sucked into a dairy queen. Don't you just hate when that happens!!

Well, sad news on that front, they both ordered their ice cream and I stood at the counter watching them fill orders and chit chat by the register, staring at me with my cash in hand, I waited a whole 5 minutes with not a single person offering to take my order or ask if I had been helped, regardless of the 5 or 6 people standing around chatting and fidgeting with the register. So, while they both were about half done with their ice cream I went and sat down with them at the table and figured that DQ obviously did not really want my business so I wasn't going to fight for it. We chatted while they ate their ice cream; no big deal - all went fine. Ice cream done, and we cleared up the table and once again, on the road. This was the last stop. Another 60 miles or so back to town. As we got close, he started up with the 'hot rodding' at the stop signs and red lights, so I just hung way back and let him be. Eventually he was way out of sight and it was just me and her cruising along. Once we got close to her street, I pulled around her and waved as I rode off [into the sunset, incidentally]. I went back to my lab for a little while as I had some work to finish up, then came home for dinner.

I anticipate some chat tomorrow about today's ride, as I will check in with her to see how it was for her and whatnot.

All in all, I had a pretty good day. The weather was in the 50s and 60s, partly cloudy with 20-30 mph winds from the south. So, overall it was okay. Not fantastic, but okay enough. I do feel that 'he' is not really on as much of a defensive as he has been in the past; but I still don't really care. I'm in it for the riding and whatever friendship comes from it. Take it or leave it, I couldn't care much less either way.

Oh, by the way, the RSV is a tad quicker than that k_lr he rides. :witch_brew:

With the weather getting nicer I am sure that the rides will be more frequent; I'll keep ya'll updated as long as ya'll are interested.

Until next time...

:Venture:

Just signed up on the site here and have just spent the last 3 hrs reading this thread, what a great story so far! Keep on with the updates... Enquiring minds want to know :)

BTW; I just bought a bike last week after a 24yr break and after reading this thread I'm more fired up about riding than I have ever been.

Guest tx2sturgis

The mental image of yall all settling in at the various food stops...makes me think of that shirt I've seen in the biker world that says in large bold letters on the front:

HOLD MY BEER WHILE I KISS YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

:happy34:

Guest tx2sturgis

BTW; I just bought a bike last week after a 24yr break and after reading this thread I'm more fired up about riding than I have ever been.

Hey Piston, you dont need a DQ on the route to get fired up....remember, some parts of this story relate to RIDING.

:whistling:

Ok Ok I was just trying to be polite and maybe even nice. Geez can't do that around here can I? So please share all the dirt you can with us. Heck bring the two of them to any meets you can go to. The rest of us will enjoy the entertainment. :whistling:

How's that Redneck?

Can't even think of a comment for the t-shirt.:Laugh:

Margaret

The mental image of yall all settling in at the various food stops...makes me think of that shirt I've seen in the biker world that says in large bold letters on the front:

HOLD MY BEER WHILE I KISS YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

:happy34:

:happy65::crackup:

Who me?! Nah... :innocent:

...Heck bring the two of them to any meets you can go to. The rest of us will enjoy the entertainment. :whistling:

Now that would be a good time...

It would be nice to see them at Dons MD, After all they are celebrities on here.

I have been trying to make it for the last 2 years now, but my work schedule just doesn't want to cooperate. :(

Regardless of any drama between them at the time, what kind of rider speeds off from the "group" without so much as a fare thee well after a day of riding?:confused24:

Further, what kind of boyfriend just rides off leaving the girlfriend with some other guy without saying anything? I could see it if they had a fight along the way but they didn't.:think:

Maybe he was just waiting until he was closer to home to take off because he was really, really lost all day and didn't know how to get home?:rotf:

On the other hand, what if LilBeaver is totally misreading the situation and the b/f is not a b/f at all, and is just along to keep things at an odd number and insure a "friends only" relationship? You never know what is really going through another persons mind.

This would bring up two possibilities:

1. Dispite LilBeaver's protestations, she may believe he is interested in her and she does not return the feelings (me thinks he doth protest too much)!

2. Dispite her protestations, she is interested but since LilBeaver says he is not, she is bringing a third because she doesn't trust herself in his presence.

:witch_brew::witch_brew:

We need to get them both to a maintenance day and have a counciling session with them.

Regardless of any drama between them at the time, what kind of rider speeds off from the "group" without so much as a fare thee well after a day of riding?:confused24:

Further, what kind of boyfriend just rides off leaving the girlfriend with some other guy without saying anything? I could see it if they had a fight along the way but they didn't.:think:

Good questions. I had been wondering the same thing.

On the other hand, what if LilBeaver is totally misreading the situation and the b/f is not a b/f at all, and is just along to keep things at an odd number and insure a "friends only" relationship? You never know what is really going through another persons mind.

Hmmmm. Feasible, but based on some of the conversations I have had with each of them now, I am quite certain that it was a b/f to begin with and where they stand now, while IS a question but all I have to go off of is what each of them tell me.

This would bring up two possibilities:

1. Dispite LilBeaver's protestations, she may believe he is interested in her and she does not return the feelings (me thinks he doth protest too much)!

2. Dispite her protestations, she is interested but since LilBeaver says he is not, she is bringing a third because she doesn't trust herself in his presence.

:witch_brew::witch_brew:

:detective::detective:

We need to get them both to a maintenance day and have a counciling session with them.

Lol - THERE is a thought! :rasberry:

"Lets see... Carb sync, oil change and now lets talk about your feelings" riiiiiight.

:witch_brew:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz You've had me sucked in for months and now this has just gotten like a sitcom that the writer's have given up on. Flat beaver, come on, pick up the pace. Lets have some violence, sex, and foul something or other. I just down graded this from R for racy to K for kids or whatever that lowest rating is. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::smile5: This is a biker story, where is the tight leathers and chains? :yikes: :beer: Time to rumble, ya know-------broken beer bottles and pool ques swinging with blood flying everywhere. :banana::stirthepot: Ops, sorry for a moment I slipping into my past there. Sorry ;)

Guest tx2sturgis

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz You've had me sucked in for months and now this has just gotten like a sitcom that the writer's have given up on. Flat beaver, come on, pick up the pace. Lets have some violence, sex, and foul something or other. I just down graded this from R for racy to K for kids or whatever that lowest rating is. :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::smile5: This is a biker story, where is the tight leathers and chains? :yikes: :beer: Time to rumble, ya know-------broken beer bottles and pool ques swinging with blood flying everywhere. :banana::stirthepot: Ops, sorry for a moment I slipping into my past there. Sorry ;)

:crackup::D

I dont care who ya are...that there is funny!

:happy65::happy65: :crackup:

Although Um... yeah. I am guessing that no one on here REALLY wants to see me in tight leather. Never-mind that I am darn sure that I would never be caught DEAD in 'tight leather'.

Don't worry though, if it ever does boil down to a good 'ol fashion rumble - I will...er... uh... 'my writers' will surely write about it. :happy34:

I am not one to start any sort of physical confrontation... But I am no stranger to finishing them if need be.

Ok Ok I was just trying to be polite and maybe even nice. Geez can't do that around here can I? So please share all the dirt you can with us. Heck bring the two of them to any meets you can go to. The rest of us will enjoy the entertainment. :whistling:

How's that Redneck?

Can't even think of a comment for the t-shirt.:Laugh:

Margaret

Well I guess thats a little more better.