IGNORED

Fairing eyebrows

1BigDog

the best way to remove them is to use some monofilment fishing line to slice between the tank and the eyebrows. then have a fun getting the left over sticky tape off / removed. you can use goobegone or as i did use old fashion lighter fluid.

reguards

don c.

Guest seuadr

i don't have any eyebrows, but here:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1040/1425272198_48f73a7986.jpg?v=0

just take the bustache and mount it higher, volia! eyebrows!:beer:

the best way to remove them is to use some monofilment fishing line to slice between the tank and the eyebrows. then have a fun getting the left over sticky tape off / removed. you can use goobegone or as i did use old fashion lighter fluid.

reguards

don c.

It's a job huh? Wow..took me forever.

hh

I have two (2) sets. There is no adhesive on the back but I don't need them. I can throw some 3M tape in however.

I went for the browless look. :whistling:

hh

OK, one set going to Texas. I'll hang on to the other for now.

Someone called last night interested in buying my Venture. Sounded serious but we know how that is. Always short a couple bucks huh?

hh

I'm planning on removing mine, just haven't started the battle yet....:2cents:

It's a job. Most emblems come off pretty easy. These do not.

You do have to take your time to avoid scratching the fairing. Worth it because it looks so much better IMO.

hh

Mine were removed by my paint guy when I had the fairing repainted (my fault). I have since mounted them on my saddlebags with some diamond pieces that I found at Autozone. They almost look like arrows with tips on both ends.

Kevin:bluesbrother:

Yes a midnight RSV looks a lot better without the chrome pieces on the faring.

I agree...it is a job to remove the left over adhesive. I found 3M makes an Adhesive Remover that did wonders helping removing all that sticky stuff. It is not suppose to hurt your paint and did not bother mine.

They sell it at the NAPA store here. White can with Red on it.

Mine were removed by my paint guy when I had the fairing repainted (my fault). I have since mounted them on my saddlebags with some diamond pieces that I found at Autozone. They almost look like arrows with tips on both ends.

Kevin:bluesbrother:

pics??

reguards

don c.

Thanks a bunch for the tip. I would have never thought of the fishing line trick.:bang head:

Just Jim

• 10 months later...

I just purchased a 1999RSV with 18000 Mi. I have taken the eyebrows and the adhesive off but there is a shiney spot the size and shape of the Eyebrows it looks and feels like scotch tape it is clear and shiney. You can feel it with your finger. It will not come off. I was wondering if I should use rubbing compound on it or will that take off the clear coat or is there something else that I can use less drastic? Have any of you had this happen to you when removing your`s? Thanks for any help, TOP CAT:fingers-crossed-emo

I just purchased a 1999RSV with 18000 Mi. I have taken the eyebrows and the adhesive off but there is a shiney spot the size and shape of the Eyebrows it looks and feels like scotch tape it is clear and shiney. You can feel it with your finger. It will not come off. I was wondering if I should use rubbing compound on it or will that take off the clear coat or is there something else that I can use less drastic? Have any of you had this happen to you when removing your`s? Thanks for any help, TOP CAT:fingers-crossed-emo

that's probably the original finish under there and 12 years of weather and riding has "worn down" the exposed finish.