IGNORED

Pick another bike

donaldj2242

OOPs...just thought of another one. I said Harley Ultra and that would probably still be the strongest contender but I would also look at the Triumph Rocket III Touring. Sure wish they would finish dressing it out with a fairing and etc. though.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the new Nomads - black of course. I've always been interested in Valks and would buy one if I could find a good one. My riding buddy has a Rocket III. Bike is awesome, but he does seem to have a lot of nagging electrical issues.

I'd probably go smaller - maybe one of the new Honda 1300s or the Yamaha 1300.

1. 2010 Kaw Voyager. The 2010's have fixed a lot of the little issues that the 09's had.

2. Victory Vision or Cross Country.

3. Stratoliner Deluxe. This would move up higher on the list if it had electronic cruise control.

4. 1800 Gold Wing

Ain't none of those probably ever gonna see the inside of my garage though. Too much $$ to put into a vehicle that sits inside for 4 months a year.

Edited by FreezyRider
Forgot one.

when they run out of cowasaki voy,and i can't ride a bike,will more than likely get merecedes, kit car ,gazille,had one and it was a real fun ride,with a ford 4 banger auto,going thru ak, i could keep up with most all the sport's car,[DOWN HILL]

lowell

:2cents:

For 2 up touring...

Probably a...

1. Stratoliner Deluxe and add a top touring pak. I think I could figure out how to add a cruise on it...Although I bet Yamaha does all this for 2011. IF I could afford it and justfy another bike in the barn...(4 in there now) I would own one of these just to ride on Sunday or Monday-Friday.

2.??? Not sure... Probably a BMW 1200LT...but I am not sure I could or would want to afford the maintenance cost... Does the warranty stay in place if you do all the maintenance yourself?

3.?????? maybe try a Wing...but last time I could not find a dealer that would let me sit on one, must less take a test drive....in Lafayette LA or Merdian/Jackson MS area. Yep they are idiots...if 50 year old guy comes in asking 100 questions about the Wing...you would think they may want to encourge a sale a little so they could take my money. Not these Morons. Maybe I looked homeless? I was drving a 6 year old VW, but it was clean. Maybe they thought my legs would not touch the ground anyway, so why bother...

Solo Touring

1. FJR..I wanted one of these bad before I bought the Venture, untill sat on one and it really scared me how top heavy it felt...but understand I was used to a 205 lb racing bike so a little weighty feeling scared the daylights out of me. I probably would not even notice it now...

2. 2010 VMAX...bad MAX.

That other company and I have a love/hate relationship. I will resist to the end to succum to their marketing practice and follow the crowd. I would probably have to fall on my sword first...or bump my head. :rotf: