IGNORED

I thought i was gonna grow up....

szach

All my Harley buddies kept asking when i was gonna get a Harley.. My Response.. "I guess when i grow up and be like you!!!""

I was riding a 2006 RSTD.. Great bike.. Not so comfy for the wife and we are ready for our Leesburg Florida trip.. so we decided to upgrade.. I thought.. I feel like a grown up.. Lets go get a Ultra Classic.. When to the 2 local HD dealers.. 1st one, saw some beauts.. No one to help us.. so we went to another.. Went to the used side. They had a nice 2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic.. perfect.. In the price range.. I messed up.. "hey, can i test ride this thing??" Sure enough.. The wife was not happy with it.. i felt llike i was riding a bicylce.. not sure why, just was not for me.. Told the Salesmen, nice but those turn signals really throw me off. (left on the left, right on the right).

So, went to the jap shop.. They were nice and informative. But they were urging me away from the venture and into a voyager or goldwing. Venture is such old technology.... (they did not have a venture on the floor.) So.. went home depressed.. Not too bad, still had my RSTD.. So, what do we all do, drink a beer and search the internet.. Well there it was.. the 2010 Yamaha Venture S.. nice.. "Where can i find one tomorrow..(sunday) 50 miles away.. Cool.. I am there.. So, wife in tow, we go..

Well, the website was incorrrect, no 2010s.. but man, a 2009, they were begging me to take.. So.. What should a guy do.. I'LL TAKE IT..(after some negotiations, of course).

So, the moral of the story.. Dont ever grow up. Ride what you like. Take no prisoners.. and.. dont wait so long to get something that you need and want..

Oh.. attached is a Pic.. (now i have to put the 600 miles on it for the 1st service.. half way there..)

:happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65:

Very nice. Looks like you've got all sorts of goodies on there already too! (bag rails, trunk rack, passing lamps, fender trim, etc.)

I'm sure you'll be real happy with it too!!

My Grandpa has been telling me for years (he turned 83 a few days ago), that he gets older but has yet to grow up. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: