IGNORED

Helmet Quick Release

dunvilsteev

In general, those Quick Release Systems are not bad, but everyone gotta keep in Mind that they are prone to loosen over Time. So, everyone using Helmets with those or even installing Aftermarket Solutions should make it Habit to adjust the Strap regularly. Once a Month doesn't cut it. If you ride daily and take the Helmet on/off multiple Times each Day, adjust the Strap every three Days or so. Ypur Helmet won't help you much in Case if you allow him to misplace or even launch from Head on first Impact.

The nylon strap goes through the black plastic piece above the D links. .

Easier said than done .... I'll try it again tomorrow.

Hopefully, the throbbing fingertips will ebb by then ......... ow

I was hoping there would be some magic solution.

Ha figures! Man, that is one tough little dohickie, hard to weave the strap.

As stated already, the Nolan helmets come with the quick release buckles. We really like ours. I don't know if they are exactly the same as these or not but the Nolans are DOT certified and I don't know that they could be if the buckles were not.

I have similar ones on all our helmets. Much easier on my arthritic hands and easy to do with gloves. Also much better than the other style out there where you squeeze the sides to release. I had one of those get jammed and couldn't get the helmet off. Thought I was going to have to cut it. Thank goodness I didn't have to ruin the helmet. Finally after fighting it for a half hour got it off. Promptly removed it and circular filed it. I pick up two or three each year at Niehause Open house or any dealer I happen to find them at.

You will love them.

This is probably not the safest thing to do but has worked for me for many, many years and several helmets ... I sew velcro into the chin strap .... then I just feed the strap thru the D ring once and hook the strap together with the velcro. Simple, quick, and easy.

This is probably not the safest thing to do but has worked for me for many, many years and several helmets ... I sew velcro into the chin strap .... then I just feed the strap thru the D ring once and hook the strap together with the velcro. Simple, quick, and easy.

I would think that this would probably be okay for a first impact (presuming the velcro holds pretty well), but may loosen up on repeated blows to the 'ol melon.

I guess I have never minded the two loops, but maybe as I get older I'll change my mind.