IGNORED

$500 down and waiting!!!

FROG MAN

Is it true that 50% of crotch rocket riders have no insurance,motorcycle operators, or both?

Apparently I am dealing with a kid. Won't call me on the phone but he bid and won the auction for my Vmax. He paid the $500 down in 48 hrs but the balance in full date has past. He said he wanted to come up and get it and ride it back but his ride bailed out on him. I told him send me payment in full (were communicating via email) and I will mail you overnite the bill of sale and signed title. Then you can buy your insurance,tags,etc and ride it back. He says he don't want to send payment in full with no bike and I understand that. Says he has 3 days to get tags and insurance. OK but the day we close the deal my tags and insurance comes off and it's yours. You might want to take the vin number buy your insurance then see if you can get a one way permit. He even wanted to know if I had a helmet MAN buy your own helmet that fits your head. I don't even know if he knows how to ride. Anyway even offered to deliver it to Virginia for little more then gasoline and lunch cost. Still waiting I wish he would call me but so far only email.

I would have to say treat him like a man and suggest that he steps up to the damn plate and quit screwing around. I dont think that I would be half a paitent as your being. Ebay isn't for screwing around, especially on big ticket items...shame on the dummy.

At least here in WI, you have 3 days to get tags as long as you have a signed title or bill of sale. My insurance also gives me 3 days after a purchase to get a vehicle listed.

You might want to cut the kid some slack. I know when I was 18 or 19, it was a new and somewhat scary thing to buy a big ticket item. He is having to explore all the logistics we now take for granted. Also, he is likely concerned about being taken advantage of because he has no experience while the seller does.

Hope everything works out for the best of everyone. However, after saying all this, if a kid is young enough to be intimidated with the logistics of buying a bike - the VMax is not the bike to be buying!! WAY too much power.

RR

Jeff thats why I offered to deliver it. The thoughts of a inexperienced kid riding a vmax through the WV mountains and twisties leaved pits in my stomach. I don't want to see him get hurt and it doesn't handle the twisties that well.Next weekend calling for rain not a good time to ride.I told him I would be at home yesterday afternoon but he failed to show.I refused to sell it local because family members wanted to buy it with no experience.

I would set a new reasonable dead line to pay in full and then I would re list it and sell it again. He knew the terms of the sale or should have when he was bidding on it. It is an honorable thing to cut him a little slack but its not your responsibility to baby sit him. If he can not pay in full very soon he should loose his deposit and chalk it up to stupid tax.

I think the next time you list something like that it needs to be stated in bold print that they must put $500.00 down within 48 hours and payment must be made in full by 10 days or the down payment will be forfeited.

:doh:

Gerald, I would have to agree with Redneck (and others). That is honorable on your part caring for the kid - but hey, you want it, pay for it and step up to the plate. Sounds initially to me like he is playing games and trying to scrape something together. Don't take any wooden nickels.

Sorry Frog Man,

Sounds like he won the auction and then tried to borrow the money to finish the deal and it fell out on him. If you offered to take the bike to him in person and he's still a no show. Then he has no more money to give you and he is trying to find more money someway or another. You gave him more chances than I would cut the rope and tell him he has less than 48hrs to finish the deal or he looses the $500.00 deposit and you re-list the bike.

Sorry if I sound mean but this is no game this is real life and you do not have much time left either since winter is around the corner.

Re-list the bike and stat that full payment is due within certain time frame or you loose the deposit and Negative feedback will be left!

NO Exceptions

Gerald if I had the money I would give you what you wanted for the V-Max but money is tight here.

buddy

I'm sure there has been a post on how many riders have the chirp/whine and how many don't. Were can I find it?

Is the noise there from the start or does it appear over time, can it be heard at idle. I ask because I'm looking at a new one tomorrow and scared I might be pay for somthing I don't want ie..the whine.chirp.

College kid coming tonight 6:00 pm. Never rode a vmax just research on internet decide he would get one. Riding it back to virginia tonight.Bringing cash I hope he can ride. Might get a little cool going home 4 hr trip.My tags coming off what he is running who knows?

Good luck. Oh yea, Tell the buyer to stay outta the throttle for a few years.

I'm sure he will stay of ....

the first then Miles, then ... so help him his God ... he will literally feel the Speed and back off before something bad happens. I remember well my first Expierence with full open Throttle in 3rd Gear. Altought, i think nobody can have too much Power, i'm well aware of those People who can't control not even Half of the Power a twist of the Wrist on a Bike produces.

Well it's official. The Yellow bird is gone. Traded for a wade of twentys that would choke a horse. All from a atm machine. Wait till his dad gets the cash advance bill on that credit card.:sick::sick::sick:

Good bye old friend. We took one last run into triple digits but now you belong to another. I hope that kid is careful.