IGNORED

Baby-boomer Hippies?

Chaharly

I'm sure that some of you bikers HAVE to be ex hippies.

I'm curious which ones, the 60's is my favorite era, i love the feel, and the emotion of the time. Pictures would be cool, or just comments, on you or your hippie friends. Peace

CJ

:080402gudl_prv:

what ya mean-- used to be?? actually i kinda missed the era myself but we had our own hippy wannaB thing going on in the 70's. I still listen to alot of 60's and 70's tunes but the some of the 70's tunes are the best ever made imho I was even in a band in the 80's and we played pretty hard rock n roll. But boy when I pull those pictures out my kids just laugh and laugh :cool10:

Hippies are alive and well...take a ride to ITHACA ,NY and visit the Commons...its an outdoor mall full of hemp shops etc...after Woodstock ,many hippies settled in the area because they had no funds to return home...Its a real trip to see 3 generations of hippies all at the same time...grand parents, children, and grandchildren still living the hippie lifestyle...then, throw in the college crowd and enjoy the mix...Great people watching town.....and a nice ride to central ny.....:whistling:

Edited by BIG TOM

Not all of us baby boomers (I was born in Dec 1947) were hippies. Some of us went to school, got decent grades, took life seriously, started our careers, got married, and had nothing to do with the turmoil of that time. You never hear about ordinary people like me and my wife in connection with the 60's.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

a couple of years ago. went in to pay for my gas and was in line behind a lady, gray hair, probably mid to upper 50' buying a pack of rolling papers. went outside to get on the bike a watched a guy go by same age group, long hair still driving a VW painted multiple colors. Brought back some fond memories. ( of things I am sure I saw when I was much younger... ya thats right. just things I saw)

Bob

I'm curious which ones, the 60's is my favorite era, i love the feel, and the emotion of the time. Pictures would be cool, or just comments, on you or your hippie friends. Peace

CJ

What? No more free love now? You have to pay for it now aye? No pictures, thank you. :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Not all of us baby boomers (I was born in Dec 1947) were hippies. Some of us went to school, got decent grades, took life seriously, started our careers, got married, and had nothing to do with the turmoil of that time. You never hear about ordinary people like me and my wife in connection with the 60's.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

May 1947 here and I think I missed out on the fun too...:doh:

Something about the 5th stirs my memory, but I don't remember!!!:whistling:

CJ

www.usatoday.com Check out the life section and search for Dan Garson..

He shot a bunch of photo's at Woodstock that were just found...

Pretty dang cool...:cool10:

Sitting at the supper table one nite,Shari and I were talking about Woodstock.

We asked our 16 year old and her friend who was over what they knew about Woodstock..They wanted to know why we wanted to know about the little yellow bird from Charlie Brown..:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

Met a whole bunch of Hippies at the San Fran Airport when I came back to the world from Nam. They made my homecoming something I try to forget every single day.

Boomer.....who would have called in a airstrike on that airport on that specific day.

Met a whole bunch of Hippies at the San Fran Airport when I came back to the world from Nam. They made my homecoming something I try to forget every single day.

Boomer.....who would have called in a airstrike on that airport on that specific day.

I know I treat you guys with the a lot of respect for doing what you had to do. Everyone of you deserve it! It is a shame what you had to deal with back then.

In fact, I like hearing some of the stories.

Welcome Home Boomer !!!!!!!!!

Our ABATE group is doing a ride on May 21st. It's called LZ Lambeau Field.

It starts all over the state and ends at Lambeau Field.

There we will have a "Welcome Home" for all Vietnam Vets..:happy34:

It's a whole weekend of celebration to give the Vets the proper homecoming that they never got..

Thanks again for your service to this country.

I wasn't a hippie, but for a car guy that turned 16 in 1966, it was just at the beginning of the muscle car era. They were everywhere. At 17 I bought a 64 Chevelle that was factory 327 four speed that ran pretty good.

One other thing, I never got to wear bell-bottoms. My inseam was so short that by the time I cut them off near the knees, they were not bell-bottoms anymore.

RandyA

Graduated is 73 so I was a litte late for the Hippy culture but had many a arguement with the my parents over the long hair. It was a great time to live what with all the old muslecars being used and within a kids budget too buy. Chevelles,Novas, Roadrunners oh yea that was great!:thumbsup2::D I have a best friend that was in Nam his whole time in the Army was about 18 months due to trickey Dicks early out program for Nam vets. He seldom talks about it. If anyone could have made it back from that hell hole I always figured it would be him. He was a eagle scout and a real outdoorsman and really smart.:D

Got hippies...we do. The south end of Saltspring is inhabited by hippies. You can tell by the tie dyed tee shirts, sandals, long hair, beaded head bands, strong odor of ganja and patchtoulie oil in their yurts and tepees. The era just never went away.

Got hippies...we do. The south end of Saltspring is inhabited by hippies. You can tell by the tie dyed tee shirts, sandals, long hair, beaded head bands, strong odor of ganja and patchtoulie oil in their yurts and tepees. The era just never went away.

Think about it, why would you want to give up free love and free dope! lol