IH Truck Guy

I'm not a big fan of coffee, i get up and have a mountain dew:240::240:.:240: THATS my coffee!!!

That's fine, until you pass your first kidney stone...lol I tried to warn my nephew, but he was too smart to listen to an old guy. He's 20, and on his 4th stone this year. Too many Mountain Dews and energy drinks.

I am on 75 days with-out coffee now :shock3:

Not drinking it anymore has help in the no smoking thing for me.

feeling pretty good :D

my morning drive to work was a huge mug of coffee and 4 smokes

just to get to work :). 35 years doing it that way.

Jeff

I like coffee but one thing bothers me. It is grown in countries that don't have the pesticide regulations we have in the US. In the country it is grown it is sprayed with every pesticide imaginable. I looked at some organic coffee at Publix a few weeks ago and a small bag was $12.00. I may have to put up with the pesticide.

I was somewhat surprised the last time I went for blood tests that the nurse said I wasn't supposed to drink even black coffee since the previous midnight. In the past drinking black coffee was OK.

So I did some internet research and discovered that UNFILTERED coffee contains high amounts of cholesterol, specifically boiled coffee like from a percolator or from a french press. I also expect that the permanent filter type coffee makers fall into this category. I've been using a french press for several years.

As an experiment bought one of the one-cup filter holders and box of small paper filters for it. I poured the coffee from my french press thru it, and there was a lot of sediment caught by the paper filter.

So, I'm using a paper filter for all my coffee from now on, as I do have high cholesterol.

Was a cop for 22 years and love my coffee, not so much on doughnuts. Now at 51 with a clogged artery in my leg I am down to drinking unleaded. I'm surprised how fast I got use to no caffeine. I still love to stop at sheetz when I,m riding my scooter for a coffee break.:bluesbrother:

Bought myself a way early birthday gift, one of the Keurig coffeemakers. Interesting piece of equipment. I love the convenience of it, being able to have a cuppa whenever I feel like it without having to make half a pot to do it. I can have a different kind of coffee or tea with every cup. I can also use the "MyKCup" that came with it and have any kind of regular bag/can coffee as well so I'm not restricted to having to buy the sometimes highpriced prepackaged cups. It's also great for almost instant hot water for tea, soups, or hot cocoa. My coffee intake has gone way up! :happy34:

... some of the impurities of water.

Had coffee once at Burger King; pewwtttz!

Had coffee once at Start Bucks: pewwwttttzzzzz!

Get my coffee, one or two cups, Sr Price at McDonalds; supurb and always fresh: 2 @ $083! Doubt I'll ever give up coffee!

Just my :2cents:

Bought myself a way early birthday gift, one of the Keurig coffeemakers. Interesting piece of equipment. I love the convenience of it, being able to have a cuppa whenever I feel like it without having to make half a pot to do it. I can have a different kind of coffee or tea with every cup. I can also use the "MyKCup" that came with it and have any kind of regular bag/can coffee as well so I'm not restricted to having to buy the sometimes highpriced prepackaged cups. It's also great for almost instant hot water for tea, soups, or hot cocoa. My coffee intake has gone way up! :happy34:

My Wife and I just got one too. I love it for all the same reasons

... some of the impurities of water.

Had coffee once at Burger King; pewwtttz!

Had coffee once at Start Bucks: pewwwttttzzzzz!

Get my coffee, one or two cups, Sr Price at McDonalds; supurb and always fresh: 2 @ $083! Doubt I'll ever give up coffee!

Just my :2cents:

I have to admit , McD's coffee has gotten to be pretty good way better then that muddy water they used to sell

I get all my coffee from Coffee City USA, TX. I buy their Columbian Supremo. It's excellent! I stop at McD's for coffee if I'm on the road as it's much better than it used to be.

So many people get hyped up on coffee and they can't sleep; but I find the opposite as it relaxes me and brings me down. Ya...ok, I'm a little strange.

:97:

Guest seuadr
I like coffee but one thing bothers me. It is grown in countries that don't have the pesticide regulations we have in the US. In the country it is grown it is sprayed with every pesticide imaginable. I looked at some organic coffee at Publix a few weeks ago and a small bag was $12.00. I may have to put up with the pesticide.

i've got a link for you.

http://www.paramountcoffee.com/

these guys are based right here out of lansing, mi. they don't use beans that have harmful pesticides, you have to be certified organic for them to buy the beans. locally owned, locally run. FANTASTIC coffee.

8.49 a pound. little pricer than the "big guys" but cheaper than 13 dollars! you can order direct from their website.

Guest seuadr

i have one of these too. you can stick a tea bag in the grey cup and it'll brew up nice. if you like it darker, just pull the bag out and stick it in the cup. I love mine!

:banana: