IGNORED

Clutch Upgrade Kits NOW Available!

skydoc_17

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen, They say to guard the clutch lever while doing this procedure.

If you happened to push in on the clutch lever while doing this project , . just what I read someplace ,they say to rubber band foam or whatever so it does not engage while nothing is in the basket. my thinking is if it did go in, maybe air in the line? not sure.

I am sure the experts will chime in soon. was it OK before you started taking it all apart?

Jeff

Owen, They say to guard the clutch lever while doing this procedure.

If you happened to push in on the clutch lever while doing this project , . just what I read someplace ,they say to rubber band foam or whatever so it does not engage while nothing is in the basket. my thinking is if it did go in, maybe air in the line? not sure.

I am sure the experts will chime in soon. was it OK before you started taking it all apart?

Jeff

Well the clutch lever was not actuated while working on the basket. So maybe I just got something in wrong although I was really careful. We will see when she cools down and I open her up...

I also installed my kit today and have a soft pull on clutch lever. Slipping in all gears. I am no mechanic but all seemed to go as shown. JMC

I'm still trying to figure mine out too... been talking to Squid on the phone... I will report back if we come up with an answer...:bang head:

Edited by Owen

I'm still trying to figure mine out too... been talking to Squid on the phone... I will report back if we come up with an answer...:bang head:

Hey Owen....Please post all particulars HERE.....I'm going to Kenny's next Saturday for my clutch job.....and while I would not mind enjoying a week or so of Beth's cooking and Kenny's company I don't think they could take that much of me if we run into problems like this on my scoot.

Boomer.....who knows you and Squid will nail this down.

Well all I can say at this point is that my old, original spring is stouter than the new 'heavy duty' one. I have called Earl and left a message. I'm sure we will figure it out. I am sure as possible about all of the installation. The clutch was bled and the slave appears to be fine. As a temporary fix, I installed both springs and no more slipping, however, the lever is a bit stiffer than I would prefer.

Owen did you get the cover off and back on with the same gasket. I spray painted my gasket before install I think it will stick on removal. I recieved your pm but could not get my answer to submit. Glad to hear their is a fix. JMC

I removed and reinstalled mine 3 times with no problem. I did not spray mine... I doubled up the springs and it works fine but the lever is pretty stiff so this is not a permanent fix for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Any body know where Earl went? The web site below fails? I need to order upgrade kit..

As many of you know, I try to offer the highest quality parts at the best prices and combine them into my "KITS" to make the install easier. I do all of the brain work and you enjoy the benefits. I am now offering a "Kit" for First Gens. and Second Gens. (I didn't forget you guys!) that will replace the stock clutch spring with a VMAX clutch spring, AND a new FULL SIZED Clutch Disc to replace the "Wimpy" half Disc that is in the rear of the clutch pack, as well as a brand new Yamaha Clutch Cover Gasket. As usual, I am shipping these Clutch Upgrade Kits for free and the price is $67.00 to your door! Check the price on the PCW kit to find out what a deal this is. These kits come with written instructions and a link to the thread that explains the install, WITH PICS! The kits are different between the First Gens. and Second Gens. So be sure to order the right kit for your scoot. If you have questions or are not sure what parts you need, PLEASE feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your project,:thumbsup2:

Earl

If you have a Second Gen. RSV or RSTD here is a link to the ad:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2651

As many of you know, I try to offer the highest quality parts at the best prices and combine them into my "KITS" to make the install easier. I do all of the brain work and you enjoy the benefits. I am now offering a "Kit" for First Gens. and Second Gens. (I didn't forget you guys!) that will replace the stock clutch spring with a VMAX clutch spring, AND a new FULL SIZED Clutch Disc to replace the "Wimpy" half Disc that is in the rear of the clutch pack, as well as a brand new Yamaha Clutch Cover Gasket. As usual, I am shipping these Clutch Upgrade Kits for free and the price is $67.00 to your door! Check the price on the PCW kit to find out what a deal this is. These kits come with written instructions and a link to the thread that explains the install, WITH PICS! The kits are different between the First Gens. and Second Gens. So be sure to order the right kit for your scoot. If you have questions or are not sure what parts you need, PLEASE feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your time and good luck with your project,:thumbsup2:

Earl

If you have a First Gen. MKII VR (1986 to 1993) Here is a link to the ad:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php/product/2644/cat/500

If you have a Second Gen. RSV or RSTD here is a link to the ad:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2651

Are you still selling the 2nd Gen clutch kits? The add in the link above has expired or been removed.

• 3 years later...

Hey Wayne,

If you have a Second Gen. here is the link for the Clutch Spring Upgrade Kit:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3763&title=second-genheavy-duty-clutch-spring-upgrade-kit-21&cat=22

If you have an MKII First Gen. here is the link for that kit:

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3764&title=first-gen-2c-mkii-vr-heavy-duty-clutch-spring-upgrade-kit-21&cat=22

If you plan on towing a trailer, ride two up a lot, have a fair amount of miles on your stock clutch, or just want to install all new clutch parts then this kit will work on all of the First and Second Gens. Here's the link for that kit.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3854&title=first-and-second-gen7-new-genuine-yamaha-clutch-friction-discs-21&cat=22

If you have the MKI First Gen. here is the link for the "old style" compression springs upgrade kit.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=3765&title=first-genmki-vr-heavy-duty-clutch-spring-upgrade-kit-21&cat=22

Lastly, here is the link to ALL of the items I offer for the First and Second Gens.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=500&ppuser=4738

There are two pages so be sure to click the #2 at the bottom of the first page.

:thumbsup2: Earl

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to say thanks, as I put the upgrade kit from skydoc in and it was seemingly easy. I was done in a matter of about an hour. The most I ever saw myself doing outside electrical type work was oil changes. This was way out of my normal repair ability and with the instructions it was real easy. Again, Thank you.

Year before last the wife and I did a trip to South Dakota and back to Ole Virginia. That was in the Fall. The following Spring I noticed the Clutch Slipping badly. A lot of hill here in Ole Virginia (BLUE RIDGE PKWY). Bought Earls Upgrade and rode all of last year and pulled to trailer to NC Mtns and Pulled Trailer to Galena International. Clutch works just like it did that day AFTER I put it in.

Note..EASY JOB. Put Bike one kick stand and done deal. Emailed Earl a couple of questions and he was very helpful.

I recommend the highly...:thumbsup::thumbsup2::clap2::sign outstanding:

Long Tall

Lynchburg, VA