IGNORED

1st Louisiana maint & meet

kbran

Ok, the 1st Louisiana meet and maint. day was a great success. We had 8 ventureriders show up from Miss., Texas and one from Wisconsin. What a great day, hated to see it end. Here are a few of the pics, the first one is boomerCPO, 6th is squid, owen, and sweetnothing, 7th is gunboat, 8th gunboat and cmike, 9th boomerCPO, cmike, gunboat, and scooterbob kneeling. 10th is owen cutting his sheild down.

Did ScooterBob get the prize for the longest distant to come for a maintenance day?

I mean other than the crawfish pie!

Looks like a great time had by all. And Boomer CPO didn't break the camera as he once stated his mug would. Close but no cigar.

Send Bob back home it is in the 30 and will be all week, chance of hitting 40 on Thursday.:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

Looks like a great time.

Bubber

This meet up was a 1st for me and I enjoyed every darn minute of it!!

Special thanks go out to Kenny and Beth.....their hospitality and friendship are something everyone should experience!!

Of all the work done my scoot had to take 1st place for everything that was done....New tires....Brakes....Carb Synch....Welding a broken trunk bracket....Teardown,cleaning,and lubrication of the rear drive. Thank you and Bravo Zulu to Squid,Kenny,and Gunboat!!

Between Beth's awesome cooking skills and Lanna's cheesecake I now have high standards set for any woman who wants to hook up with this ornery old Chief!!

My sincere thanks to all for the friendship, jokes (yeah Lowell I owe you a BIG one!) and overall a super time.

Ride safe folks....It's nice to know I have a new passel of friends and I truly look forward to seeing all of you again....SOON!

Boomer.....who's happier than a Cathouse Manager running 4 cash registers onna busy Saturday night.:cool10:

We are home....and what a great time it was....even after getting rained on for 350 miles on the way there!!!

Thanks again to Kenny and Beth! It's always great to see you two! And tell Jessica I will get some info for her real soon! Brad went to bed, he's feeling like a sinus infection is coming on, so I will have him post up some pics tomorrow!

And Boomer....It was great to finally meet you too!!! Let me know when you will be here, and we will set up that dinner for you! :whistling::banana:

Nice group you got together there.

Alls I got to say is,

Boomer...... who don't look anything I had imagined he would.

And I don't mean that as good or bad.... just a statement..

Looks like you all had fun.

BOO

PS I've edited this posting twice and will probably still going to catch heck... oh well...

well let me told you ( as the late great justin wilson would say) i had a hell of a time. out side of being stuck in rush hour traffic in baton ruge for two hours with it raining. but we had run in the rain for over 350 miles. kenny & beth i can not thank ya'll enough for going out of you way to puting up with me. man o man beth is a keeper, i was right behind boomer in eating my share of homemade coonass home cooking. it was great to meet new members i have not meet yet, and shareing time with other members. until next time love and peace to all.

best reguards

don c. :cool10:

Edited by gunboat

:cool10:Thanks much Kenny and Beth, I had a wonderful time.:happy65: Great meeting everyone:banana:.

Hope everyone made it home safe.:2133:

Here's a few pics I took along the way.

Later, Scooter Bob

Never Mind, Apparently I cant upload pics from this hot spot. I'll try again later.:smash2::bang head:

Alls I got to say is,

BOO

PS I've edited this posting twice and will probably still going to catch heck... oh well...

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Thanks for all the pics. Looks like you all had a good time. I'm gonna have to get down there one day and sample that Crawfish Pie. LOOKED GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Alls I got to say is,

BOO

Hey..... I been saying all along I was an ugly old cuss!:yikes:

Boomer.....who knows there's not a plastic surgeon alive that can fix what time has wrought.....:bawling:

Hey Squid----------I thought that u were one a weight loss plan????????????? I see Ms.Beth fed ya'll WELL!--------esp. the 'dessert pie'???-----glad that ya'll had a gr8 gathering---:thumbsup2::sun1::usa::usa:------:group cheers:------am over in Merritt Island,FL----will b doing some of the 'bikewk' stuff------:cool10::sign isnt that spec------thanks for taking care of those boys-----Kenny and Beth-------

What a weekend!!!

I have never been to a M&E or a MD that wasn't a good time, this was no exception. Fridays trip SUCKED! no easy way to sugar coat it. Started raining on us in Beaumont and continued off and on all the way to Hammond LA when I finally said I was done and was getting a room.

Saturday shaped up quickly and we made it Kbrans by 10:30 and started jumping right into the tasks at hand. Boomer showed up shortly after 11 and the Scooter Bob and Walter with his wife Betty. We pretty much had Boomers bike completely apart and made sure he was all good to go for a hopefully heavy riding season for him. In all we did 3 tire changes, which included a 3 hour trip to find a valve stem (right Kenny :whistling:) Driveshaft and hub lube. 3 Carbsyncs, a complete fluid change on Walts '99, 2 rear brake jobs, a weld job for Boomer. A windshield cut down, oh and replaced a blown fuse for Gunboats driving lights...I think that was it?

Lots of fantastic Cajun cooking, yes Lewis that was me with the little bit of Crawfish pie infront of my mug :rasberry: and it was fantastic! Some Gumbo, and Jumbyliah and too much other good eats...cheesecake too :)

Lonna and I had a great time, it's definitely what the doctor ordered as we needed to get out of Houston even if it was only for 3 days. Kenny and Beth, thank you so much for the hospitality, you know you both are 2 of our favorite people to spend time with. Kudos the 1st Loozianner MD and lets hope it's not the last.

Boomer...It was a pleasure my friend to finally meet you, anytime any place, the phone is on. :happy34:

I'll work on getting some pics up today...head still feels like it's going to blow up. Thanks again to all and Bob...be safe you nut case! Guy has Brass testes riding from Wisconsin, it was great to see you again.