IGNORED

Iowa Maintenance Day Set for July 17th

Godlover

Notice, notice - the day has been changed to July 24th!!! Cougar and I would like to invite you to the First Iowa Maintenance Day in Newton, Iowa on July 17th. ATTENTION: DUE TO FAMILY REUNION WE MAY MOVE THIS TO THE 24TH. (3/23-2010) I will keep you posted! I know this is early but we want people to put it on the calendar. We have plenty of room with 4 garage stalls and a city park that borders our property. We live a few blocks from the I-80 interchange with hotels near by - one is 1/2 block from our house. We will get more information as time approaches. Please respond if you are interested in joining us!

Edited by Godlover

This is exciting and I'm looking forward to a great day here in Newton. I will check to see if the Speedway is having drag races on Friday night if anyone wants to come over. They have bracket racing on the 1/8th mile straightaway and it is a good way to see the infield of the Speedway. I'll need some direction on what I need to do on this end to get ready. I've never attended a Maintenance Day so your suggestions will be helpful.

We have Wally World in town - Napa and a few other auto places - Tractor Supply - etc. I have a huge grill so don't worry grilling - I'll get the stuff to grill unless people want to walk two blocks to Pizza Ranch - but grilling is no problem. In fact, I have two grills! I figure we can slap some burgers and brats on - and few side items - and we'll be good. I have a decent set of tools - jack - carbon 1 adapter - and might be able to borrow another jack. I'm don't know what kind of maintenance you do at these things - I just want to be ready. Of course I have like 5 months to prepare!

That's right - Knoxville is a great place if you like racing. Marshalltown and Des Moines race on Friday nights as well and both run a pretty good show. Iowa Speedway has bracket drag races as well. We can take our bikes out there and race one another! I'm a chaplain at the Iowa Speedway.

I am thinking of pointing Zfrebird towards Ind., and I have famly in Des Moines as well. Still wondering if this young 'bird' of the 71 can endure, but what the heck, if I can scoot over there to Newton (been there as I've lived in Iowa, Atlantic and Des Moines) then I will HAVE to endure! LOL.

JackZ

The buy who rides in any direction but down, and iz ready to ride UP, but I ain't in no hurry!

:Venture::7_6_3[1]: And of course I'll bring my camera! :photographing:

• 3 weeks later...

We may have to move the date to the 24th! Sorry about that but we are trying to figure out a date for our Family Reunion which we host and the 17th may be the only date that works for our family. Once we know for sure I will post it asap. The other option would be if some other person wants to host it the 17th but I'd love to have you all come to Newton!

I have hosted a few ride inns, and don't wish to rain on your parade, however the quickest way to loose attendance, is to be wishy washy on the date, as several folks have to plan days off from work.

Your idea to plan months in advance is great! And we all look forward to a nice gathering of like minded riders. Let us know when you have a firm date, and untill then...ride safe, ride often..mike

Mike,

I really hated it when my wife said the 17th was probably the only date that would work for the family reunion. We are both pastors and between our churches with weddings, etc, and our work as chaplains at the Iowa Speedway - we have few weekends free. We originally set the 17th with the 24th as a rain date. I will firm up the date by next week and hopefully it won't be a big deal. When that date is set - it will be firm.