IGNORED

Paying it Forward

Monty

Since I am getting my new scoot next week, I am tossing around the idea of letting the 1st Gen go.

A friend made me a REALLY good deal when I bought the 1st Gen, and I would like to pay it forward to someone who doesn't have much money to buy one, or has lost their scoot because of hard times.

The scoot doesn't look quite as good as it does in my profile pic, but those here who have seen it can attest to the fact that it is still a pretty good looking scoot. I can supply recent pics upon request.

Here are the details:

'83 standard

am/fm/cd player with upgraded speakers

Luggage rack

Trailer hitch

Passenger floorboards

Dunlop Elite 3s with 6k on them(LOTS of tread left)

Replaced all of the brakes last spring when I got the tires.

Battery is about 3 weeks old, with one year replacement warranty.

Overall good condition, and I can get on it and ride it anywhere...if it would just warm up, lol.

The bad:

needs 2nd gear fix. Never bothered me much. I just usually skip 2nd.

Fork seals leak. Could use fork rebuild and progressive springs.

The scoot runs really well, and although not great, is in pretty good shape. I ride it to work(80 miles round trip) whenever the weather lets me. Last time was 2 weeks ago.

I am willing to let it go for $1000. Does that sound like a fair price? I don't need it anymore, and I thought maybe I could help someone else out, rather than let it sit.

If interested, let me know.

First on your new ride! Wow, post her pix with you (and if you have one) your Queen Seat Rider, too. THEN it WILL look stunning. IF you don't have one, rent a model! LOL.

SECOND: on being kind enough to hope someone else can have your 83 VR! I am on my second one from Quidley, sold to me in 06 with Lonna's permission. LOVE the VR!

I agree: post it here, and it will be gone in a minute. ANY bike that runs that well will sell for $1,000; in fact your price may be a little low, but your kindness may be the reason. You are one who 'shares your blessings!' Thanks.

JackZ

Ft Collins, CO :thumbsup2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup2::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65::happy65:

I'm not really worried if the price is too low. Like I said, a friend helped get me on a Venture without much expense, and so I am wanting to do the same for someone else. I know some here may have a friend that is thinking about getting a Venture, but just doesn't have the cash to spend on one right now, or anyone who has lost their job, or had their hours cut, and had to get rid of their scoot....this could provide an option to help them out.

We have to take care of each other.:thumbsup2:

Since I am getting my new scoot next week, I am tossing around the idea of letting the 1st Gen go.

A friend made me a REALLY good deal when I bought the 1st Gen, and I would like to pay it forward to someone who doesn't have much money to buy one, or has lost their scoot because of hard times.

The scoot doesn't look quite as good as it does in my profile pic, but those here who have seen it can attest to the fact that it is still a pretty good looking scoot. I can supply recent pics upon request.

Here are the details:

'83 standard

am/fm/cd player with upgraded speakers

Luggage rack

Trailer hitch

Passenger floorboards

Dunlop Elite 3s with 6k on them(LOTS of tread left)

Replaced all of the brakes last spring when I got the tires.

Battery is about 3 weeks old, with one year replacement warranty.

Overall good condition, and I can get on it and ride it anywhere...if it would just warm up, lol.

The bad:

needs 2nd gear fix. Never bothered me much. I just usually skip 2nd.

Fork seals leak. Could use fork rebuild and progressive springs.

The scoot runs really well, and although not great, is in pretty good shape. I ride it to work(80 miles round trip) whenever the weather lets me. Last time was 2 weeks ago.

I am willing to let it go for $1000. Does that sound like a fair price? I don't need it anymore, and I thought maybe I could help someone else out, rather than let it sit.

If interested, let me know.

Hey MOnty,

Ive got a friend of mine that is looking fro one like that. he is good with his hands and turning a wrench. Just a little short on cash. He lost his job due to a heart attack and was let go because the company he worked for had to replace him because he was out so long. He was justb talking to me online the other day talking about how he would like to find a touring bike he could fix up without paying so much up front.

David

just chatted with my buddy. He said thanks but food and lights and the like are more important for now. Evedently his unemploument ran out. Guess its time to get into my frezer and do a little cleaning and take him and his wife a load of deer meat. He want ask(pride I suppose), but I'm not gonna wait till hes hungry to find out.

David

Monty,

Thats an excellent offer to be doing. The way things are now,Your offer is going to help someone a whole lot . I know your going to enjoy your New Venture. I sure going to miss it but I know it will be getting a good home.

Buddy

SOLD!!

Midnite had a friend at work that has been wanting to ride, but just couldn't really afford to buy one, so I put on my warm gear, and rode to town today in 33 degree weather( a good excuse to get out and ride), and let him look at it. Needless to say, the price was just right for him, and he wanted it. He is a mechanic, and had rode Goldwings for several years. He hasn't had a bike in 10 years, and I think he was pretty excited to be able to get back on the road.

So now, maybe we'll have another new member.:thumbsup2:

Monty, good for you.

Now, make sure you get him on here and there are several of us that have done the 2nd gear repair that works good, and is very inexpensive to do, if he can do it himself. The two ways is to use the same gears and do a slight undercut and upgrade the thrust washers and the other way is to just replace the gearset from an 86 up engine. I have done both and even if it is a lot of work, an 83 just ain't a hot rod Venture if you can not 8,000rpm the first three gears at WOT(wide open throttle). These are real special bikes and worth fixing.

RandyA

I got this message from Midnite...

"Johnny is tore up over the bike. I think he fell in LOVE...with the bike that is.:thumbsup2:another venture rider is born:doh: "

I informed him of the procedure for the 2nd gear fix, and told him all of the information was here on the site, including pics. He said he should be able to do it, as he has pulled Goldwing engines and worked on them.(no easy task)

I do not know who or how to do it but "I" think Monty needs one of those "EXCEPTIONAL MEMBER" medals next to his name??!! :thumbsup2: So if you have to vote to get this done I vote, YES! :clap2:

This is a very good thing for anyone to do! I am sure he did not do this for a metal by his name but I think it may be the right thing to do. :2cents:

Bryan