IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Freebird

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2004 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 141,500 miles 42 mpg, as good as 48 mpg. I even got 42 mpg doing 80-110 from Indianapolis to St Louis... :o

Would recommend if you are mechanically inclined or have a TDI guru near you. Great car, just expensive to maintenance if you have to pay someone else to do it.

2006 Dodge Grand Caravan, my wife's favorite vehicle. She has a herniated disc, so she likes the comfort of the minivan. 50,000 miles.

2009 Chevrolet Cobalt XFE, 5-speed, stripped of anything except AC and radio. It's my cheap commuter. Have had it for 13 months and it's reliable (did I also say cheap?). 13,000 miles.

Bought them both new.

Don't anticipate buying any vehicles in a good number of years.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4 awesome truck for the money

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander AWD Horrible on tires will never do AWD again

19998/99 Ford Ranger awesome truck except the model year issue of getting parts

1966 Mustang convertable which has not seen the road in about 30yrs and gets work done to it when money time and temp allow some day I will drive her.

After umpteen years of driving the Pontiac Bonneville's last summer Jane bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu and she just loves it. Has so many toys on it I just stay out of it.

She got an email from onstar that her left rear tire was low-----give me a break---- of course I had to go air the darn thing up when it was zero outside-----I'm already not liking this car.

Dam I love my little S10 2003.

BOO

I drive a 2002 Chevy minivan. You guys may have heard of this one. It's called a Venture.

When it's raining I go to work with the van. Nice weather I go on the bike. I refer to it as going to work IN or ON the Venture.

MINE...02 Dodge 1500 4x4 4.7 320 hp 5 spd standard posi trac with heavy duty everything.

02 Venture Midnight Special

51 merc lead sled. full custom. Chopped,dropped,frenched,decked,nosed, candy apple red, crate 350/350 with 10 bolt rear, flowmasters, etc.

HERS....05 Kia van...the wife loves it.

Past cars..Just the highlights....55 MGA, 56 MGA, 59 MGA, 56 Lincoln continental MK II, 65 TR4A, 65 Austin Healy MK III 3000, and lots of others.

04 Trailblazer that sits more (85,000 km) than it gets driven. 03 Impala, that we bought a year ago and have put 44,000 km on it, since we got it. The Trailblazer is not the easiest on gas but is nice to drive, and the impala gets great gas mileage.

They all have problems so it does not matter what type you drive. GM's are cheap, easy to fix. GM's seem to have electrical gremlins that seem to fix themselves at least for a while.

Sad when you will pay more for the bike than a car. :rotf:

Brad

Guest HotMech

'90 Lincoln Mark VII Supercharged (Ongoing project)

'88 Ford Bronco II Snow Fighter

'04 Yamaha Zuma For Fun

'93 Yamaha Venture Royale For More Fun

I drive a 84 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 pu with a rebuilt 350 that i personlly did. Bored 40 over, heads shaved 400 thou, headers with a edlebrock 650 manual choke carb and peformer manafold. Drivetrain has 175000 miles on her and i plow snow with her every winter. I love my truck even though she is looking a little rough in her old age. My better half Deb, drives a 2001 Jeep wrangler soft top 4x4. I think it's kinda small but she loves it and the dang thing will go just about anyware. We have allways had at least one 4x4 in the drive, guess it has something to do with liveing in the snow of Ohio.:snow2: