IGNORED

Kuryakyn ISO Grips...I've read them all, but...

rumboogy

a lot of the threads were pretty old, and I could never really gather a consensus.

Does anyone have the Kuryakn Grips (Part Number: KY-6235) installed right now on their bike and how do you like them?

Also...unless you do some sort of modificiations, I assume we have to LOSE the weights...correct?

So if you have these grips...can you comment on them...good, bad, or indifferent.

Thanks,

Wally

I probably wasn't clear (in fact, I am sure I wasn't clear on my question)...

I had those grips on my VTX that I traded in on this Venture. I had the grips for 6 years and I too loved them. The Venture stock grips hurt my hands...almost like the grips are TOO thin.

Anyway, my question is does the install cause any problems with the throttle or not having the weights on the handlebars...or is it better to stick with the stock grips.

Thanks for the answers though.

Check this post, I posted a bunch of pics on what I did. Hope this helps!

Keith

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28613]Kuryakyn ISO grips and end weights - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Oh ya love the grips !!

I probably wasn't clear (in fact, I am sure I wasn't clear on my question)...

I had those grips on my VTX that I traded in on this Venture. I had the grips for 6 years and I too loved them. The Venture stock grips hurt my hands...almost like the grips are TOO thin.

Anyway, my question is does the install cause any problems with the throttle or not having the weights on the handlebars...or is it better to stick with the stock grips.

Thanks for the answers though.

I may not be the best one to answer this question either. I bought my bike used and it had the grips on it. I do not like the smaller stock grips so these work great for me. I also have the throttle boss on both grips.

Mine have began to pit from the sweat, I presume so one of these days I will have to replace them.

One thing I have wondered about is the effect of the weights on the vibration but I don't seems to have any sooooo.....

BOO

I have an 06 Venture and replaced the stock grips with the ISO grips last year. I love them. Yes the end weights have to go unless you make modifications. It is not a problem. There is no problems with the throttle and it is a pretty easy install. The ISO grips are much larger in diameter which is great for us with larger hands.

good luck

Thanks guys...OK, I found this...am I missing something here or will these work just as well, especially since they were made for the ISO's.

http://www.goldwingcountry.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=112&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=36350&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Baron_Bullet_Grip_End_for_ISO_Grips

or even these with end weights?

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/detail.cfm?Category_ID=112&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=39227&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Grip_End_Weights&model_id=0

It says they will fit all Kuryakn ISO grips?

Thanks,

Wally

I have the Kury Iso-Grips and like them a lot. I was a little concerned about vibration and was considering the installation as per Keith to use the stock ends. I haven't done it because the vibration in the bars has not been an issue for me. There are Kuryakyn-compatible weights available but they are less hefty than the stock Venture weights.

Ross

I have a set on my VTX 1800. I have not had any discomfort with my hands while riding. I have been thinking about the "Throttle Boss" for the grips. I had them on a Suzuki and found it useful since I didn't have cruise.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

I have these on my bike. They fit perfectly but I really can't say that I noticed any difference in the vibration. For that matter, I didn't notice an difference when I took the stock weights off.

Dennis

Thanks guys...OK, I found this...am I missing something here or will these work just as well, especially since they were made for the ISO's.

http://www.goldwingcountry.com/detail.cfm?model_ID=0&Category_ID=112&manufacturer_ID=16&product_ID=36350&sblid_name=Kuryakyn_Baron_Bullet_Grip_End_for_ISO_Grips

I may not be the best one to answer this question either. I bought my bike used and it had the grips on it. I do not like the smaller stock grips so these work great for me. I also have the throttle boss on both grips.

Mine have began to pit from the sweat, I presume so one of these days I will have to replace them.

One thing I have wondered about is the effect of the weights on the vibration but I don't seems to have any sooooo.....

BOO

I have them on my bike. And mine did not hold up either. My left grip's chrome is all pitted from the sweat and when I called Kury about the problem they would not cover the replacement but would sell me one grip for $40. I still have the pitted grip. I don't notice any vibration without the weights. As mentioned in one of the replies you can attach the stock end weights with some modifications. Kury also has some end weights that fit the grips. The throttle cables work just fine as long as you order the right grips that are made to fit the RSV. One problem I have found is I can not spread my hands out as far as I could with the stock grips because they are not as long.:confused24:

Had them for years, to use the stock weights you will have to grind out the centers. Do a search, there should be a post on how to do it.

I had the same grips on my '99 and I actually had the grip break between the rubber pads. They were ok but I wont buy the same kind again due to that happening on me.

I had them on my old bike and loved them. My hands don't get that prickaly feeling like with the stock grips. Never had any problems with the old ones and so when I got this bike I bought a pair. Guy at the counter told me they would work. Took the left side off first and and put it on. Then took the right grip off and found out they wouldn't work unless I did some modifing. I had to grind down the plastic part under the old grip to get them to work but it worked.