IGNORED

Help Guys!!!!!

Just finished firing up the scoot and running her for 25 minutes from a stationary position. Outside temp is 39F. The scoot is sitting on an incline with the front end higher than the rear.

Within 2 minutes of starting her I notice WHITE SMOKE wisping off the exhaust pipe for the RIGHT REAR cylinder as I am sitting on the bike. I thoroughly checked everything around the area of that right rear cylinder and I see nothing to indicate what is the source of this white smoke. I have never encountered this specific problem on the scoot before. There is NO evidence of oil or coolant leakage anywhere on the engine or around that particular cylinder.

I ran the bike warm enough so that I could hear the fan running a few minutes before I turned off the engine too.

Yes the bike is still under Warranty but getting it to the Dealer at this time is not a viable option due to all the snow and ice I'm dealing with here.

Any idea's ....comments....suggestions?

Boomer.....who's really baffled by this problem!!

It is wispy WHITE smoke. Does not smell like oil or coolant burning at all.

I'm going to fire the bike up again and repeat the warm-up process just to see what happens.

I'll post results here as soon as I'm done with that.

Thanks guys....appreciate the responses!!

Boomer......going at it again.

Me thinks you have condensation and it is just turning to steam.

Why are you firing it up when you know you ain't going to ride it. :255:

........Were you going to do something stupid or what ????

Do I have to have people watching you!!!!!!! :moon::moon::moon:

:scratchchin: Just 'cause the coolant gets warm enough to turn on the fan, does not necessarily mean the oil has completely "boiled off" any condensation in the crankcase or that mufflers got hot enough to dry out either.

:2cents:

STAND DOWN GUYS!!! AND THANKS FOR ALL THE QUICK RESPONSES!!

Think you nailed it wes.

Just finished a 2nd 25 minute warm-up. No indication of any problem whatsoever. I did a lengthy inspection using a high-intensity Mag Lite as well. No oil,coolant or anything else to indicate a problem.

In retrospect I blame myself. I have neglected to fire up the scoot for at least 2 weeks now.....Got caught up with all this HO HO HO gimme gimme Holiday Season stuff.

Boomer.....who really thinks the fat guy in the red suit had sumpin to do with causing this freak out experience and has learned from it. Next Christmas the Gattling Gun will be on the roof early.....Backed up by Long-Range Stinger Missiles.:banana:

Sounds like something got in there on something and is just burnning off. Running it again is good Idea to check and see if it does it again.

You didn't see any flames did you??? This could be a sure sign of something just not quite as it should be and will make you find out how fast you can still move.

I wouldn't know anything about this and Skid still has his garage so I ain't admitting nothing!!!

Me thinks you have condensation and it is just turning to steam.

Why are you firing it up when you know you ain't going to ride it. :255:

........Were you going to do something stupid or what ????

Do I have to have people watching you!!!!!!! :moon::moon::moon:

Bubber........When we meet I'm gonna remember this post of yers.....:rotfl:

Boomer.....who won't just get EVEN.....but will sure as heck get AHEAD....darn quick like too.:whistling::rotf:

Sounds like something got in there on something and is just burnning off. Running it again is good Idea to check and see if it does it again.

You didn't see any flames did you??? This could be a sure sign of something just not quite as it should be and will make you find out how fast you can still move.

I wouldn't know anything about this and Skid still has his garage so I ain't admitting nothing!!!

All is well now Yammer!!

Boomer.....who spotted boot prints near the scoot that matches those of that Couch Potato from the North Pole.....and is now drawing up a definitive Action Plan....complete with Booby-Traps.... for next year's Christmas encounter.:whistling:

All is well now Yammer!!

Boomer.....who spotted boot prints near the scoot that matches those of that Couch Potato from the North Pole.....and is now drawing up a definitive Action Plan....complete with Booby-Traps.... for next year's Christmas encounter.:whistling:

I want a job where I only work one day a year!!!

Wait a minute..... I don't work any now unless the Warden catches me before I can hide...

Sounds like you are back to normal. No worries now. :missingtooth:

2 Weeks of not starting the bike is way too long, IMO. As soon as you get the opportunity to ride with all the roads clear enough, give your Venture a nice ride...bundle up.:grandpa:

You got that right! I'm waiting for the snow/ice to clear out from the driveway. Once that happens I am soooooo out there on the scoot!!!

Boomer.....who will be looking for a fat guy inna red suit.....for a dead on road kill .:banana:

Bubber........When we meet I'm gonna remember this post of yers.....:rotfl:

Boomer.....who won't just get EVEN.....but will sure as heck get AHEAD....darn quick like too.:whistling::rotf:

I shall assume that my original suspicions were correct and that you were attempting to ride your trusty stead and get it all full of road crap (salt, sand, calcium whats-it) No wonder your stead sent out smoke signal to warn you that if you tried it you would suffer the consequences of road rash and other nasty things. It was only trying to warn you and point out the errors of your ways.

Its all on you now. :bluesbrother:

Oh BTW I moved! to Utah, Utah, that's the ticket Utah.

Boomer.....who really thinks the fat guy in the red suit had sumpin to do with causing this freak out experience and has learned from it. Next Christmas the Gattling Gun will be on the roof early.....Backed up by Long-Range Stinger Missiles.:banana:

Hey Tom :detective: ----ever occur to you the guy in the red suit is just trying to get even!!!! :confused24: ----After all, it was you that started it :backinmyday: -----seems you was the one sittn on the roof taken potshots at his reindeer:no-no-no::no-no-no:

BOOMER -

who always thinks the lith-bro is rocked up.

who blames E-div on the R-12s tripping off.

who thinks the ETs use more water than the 8Ks can make.

who blames the Eng every time an SSTG trips off.

who thinks Field Days are for everyone else.

who almays makes first call, and second call.

who thinks dust in the overhead is someone elses.

who thinks lapping compound can fix anything.

Sorry Cheif - just couldn't help myself. smilie.gif