IGNORED

Next round of body repairs

BIG TOM

On my way to the eye surgeon to have a lens implant worked on (laser surgery). Have implants in both eyes... cant see too well out of my left eye due to crystilization formed over the left lens...haven't been seeing to good the last several months especially at night...........yikes....ok can't see anything at night any more while driving and during the day its like looking thru waxpaper...given taters some scares over the last riding season and hitting those potholes at night isn't good for thr scoot either....gets costly......... I'm confident all will go good today...if not I'll have to have the lens removed and a new one installed.....scalpuls and eyes give me the willies........Saturday's round will be with my oral surgeon...been having trouble with my gums getting infected and last week had to have more teeth pulled...all was great until two days ago when I got a new infection on the other side of the gums...can't win...by the time I'm done dealing with the entire tuneup this winter I'll be a new man...the good news is that my blood pressure is better and my glucuma is better too...I THINK !!!!! ok time to go...........:sign67:

Good luck friend!

I cannot imagine going in for eye surgery. For anything else, one can just close your eyes and the docs do their thing... But I just have this mental image of the tools coming down on my eyes and having to try not to move them, etc etc. Sheesh.

Hope there are no unwanted surprises in this endeavor!

:080402gudl_prv:

Maybe some rhinoplasty is in order too......ok, so im nosy.....hmmmm, was that a pun?? :smile5:[/QUOTE]

BEEN THERE ...DONE THAT....The day I had it done...my ex punched me in the nose while she was sleeping...ooooouchh.... at least she said she was asleep !!:whistling::fnd_(16):

But I still have to order...you say tutti frutti with no teeth smarty pants...:rotf::fnd_(16):

That's what Taters is for. Oh wait you'd ask her to say it for you and she wouldn't be able to breathe from laughing so hard. Guess you better hope for a good pair of dentures in that situation.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Just trying to help you out there Tom.:innocent:

Margaret

That's what Taters is for. Oh wait you'd ask her to say it for you and she wouldn't be able to breathe from laughing so hard. Guess you better hope for a good pair of dentures in that situation.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Just trying to help you out there Tom.:innocent:

Margaret

THATS THE PROBLEM, I have dentures but my gums keep getting infected and I cant wear them....:fnd_(16):gonna have to move in with BUBBA... that way no one would notice my lack of teeth with all of the extra ones Bubba has...:rotf::rotfl::buttkick:MY BAD...SORRY Bubba !!!!:whistling::ice_awesome-vi46644

I have plexiglass lenses in both of my eyes -- done one eye at a time, in late 1992 and early 1993. Very successful surgeries both, thank God. I've been enjoying excellent eyesight since then, with no prescription glasses; I do wear store-bought glasses for reading and close-up work.

Typical operation, arriving in hospital at 7:30 a.m., in the car headed for home by noon.

Head is immobilized, as are the eyes so that no eye movement is possible. Fully awake during surgery, except for some mild sedatives.

Surgeon makes incision, sticks in an ultrasound device that pulverizes the lens. He (she on the second operation) vacuums the lens. Then the implant is installed.

Not fun while lying there on the table, fully awake and aware of people around you poking you in the eye. Didn't feel anything. The anesthesiologist was right there, engaging me in conversation about motorcycles and teaching -- all very pleasant.

I had congenital cataracts in both eyes, which made my vision progressively worse. My ophthalmologist urged me to have the surgeries done after noticing how bad my vision had become, and how easy it was to fix my condition.

Let's thank God and man that we have such incredibly effective ways of medically improving the quality of our lives.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

am glad your eye thing went well, ithe lens replacement surgery really is a nothing-to-worry about deal anymore isnt it? u dont even see the instruments or feel any pain...its absolutley amazing the changes in a few minutes in the brightness and colours of everything. if ya Get the rest of ya fixed up and youll be dangerous!!!

Brian

Man Tom Dentures,Plastic eye lenses ? How many aftermarket parts you have in that body??? I never Knew. You always looked all OEM to me ? Any other aftermarket equipment we should know about?:shock3:

Actually , I do have a plastic tube connected from my blatter to my right kidney, and a few metal pins in my right hand, not to mention a nose bridge that was installed many years ago (you don't want to know how many times my nose has been broken before I finally just shattered it....nothing bionic though.............yes replacement parts are still available for this old model..as long as my insurance keeps paying for them, I'll keep having them installed .....:pushups::rotf::sign20::fnd_(16):

Just don't forget-- Those replacement lenses light up in the headlights----last thing you need is some redneck mistaking you for a dear the next time he goe's out jack lighting deer. And in your case Tom if you happen to be licking a big rasberry icecream at the time, Somebody's gonna think there just about to bag rudolph.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: