IGNORED

1984 Yamaha Vmax

DragonRider

You got to read this to believe it...............Only made one year......yep he is right the 83 was only made one year, then the 84 and so on and so on..............beautiful bike but way too much money.............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1983-Yamaha-VENTURE-XVZ12-TOURER-V4-Motor-RARE_W0QQitemZ170415783197QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item27ad927d1d#v4-33

I got a chuckle out of the "Famouse" V4 motor, it's in reasonable shape, but his idea of showroom and mine are 2 totally different ones. All the cases are ratty looking and the speakers look pretty funny too. "Fly in and ride it anywhere" isn't Chitown getting hammered with a blizzard? That gave me a good laugh too

:)

In one picture from the rear it looks like right muffler is rusted out,

Left saddle bag has big gouge along center line.

Appears to be missing left side road peg.

Water pump cover wouldn't bring $0.99 on ebay.

Don't see an antenna for radio, may have a stealth one.

And seller has a 97.1 rating.

:rotfl::rotfl:

nice, now I know what an almost new condition 1st gen should look like, too bad he hacked up the oem speaker covers, and Its also missing the little screw cover under the key switch.

but a nice bike it is. still not worth the asking price.

i saw that with the famous vmax motor. and went only made one year. i laughed so hard i spit tea on my monitor:big-grin-emoticon:

Thats Right you know, now that I think about it they only made 83s in 83 :stirthepot: and 84s in 84, 85s in 85...

did yamaha make in 86s in 91 ?.

Edited by maindog
add

I think it's a scam.... Any seller that blows smoke like that in the discription, and then posts below how hard they try to be accurate in their discriptions, and is a private seller, and requests a $500 pre-paid deposit right away, and has a legalese disclaimer is scamming.... IMHO.... :mo money:

now if he would be willing to lower the price 1$ for every super rare 83 you can find for sale , I would love to own it . I'm not going to say anything bad about the bike , hopefully it will find it's way into one of our member's hands if he ever wises up.He did do a good job letting the pictures speak , if only he would stop letting his brain stop rattling around and making that rachet.

I'm with Condor on the scam idea. At the very least the seller is totally misleading. If you look at the sellers other auctions he has "RARE" in the description of six of the eight vehicles he is offering. I did not take the time to visit each listing so I do not know how much smoke he was blowing there, too. Obviously he is relying on the fact he can fool an unsuspecting buyer, and if called on it he'll probably feign ignorance himself. It looks like a pretty nice bike that could sell itself at a reasonable market price. I just hate the thoughts of someone getting taken on the deal. :bawling: Imagine buying one of these great bikes only to find out you were taken to the cleaners on price. :yikes: What a nimrod... In the old west days I could imagine him travelling around selling snake oil...

he has 3 rare benz cars a couple that are awesome. a harley thats just a harley. now i got a rare 1984 venture royal only made that year. now who has the 85,86,87,88, and so on?.

Well I have THE 1989 2 tone Blue Venture Royale, with the coveted Vmax motor in it!

:banana: