IGNORED

Jonsmyth and Bud ride in a snowstorm today...

jonsmyth

Guys- I know some of you may have interest in this. I NEVER intended to ride in snow...but we got stuck in a once per 20 year phenomena. We had an inch on our tent at 9AM. Don's battery failed- we had to charge it, but the Texas State Park let us use their charger, and by 3 we were on the road. The pavement was freezing, but by days end the snow stopped. We had Walmart chemical warmers but it was miserable.

I am now in a nice cozy Motel 6 in Victoria, Texas. It will be in the 20's when we leave tomorrow. I'm just glad we got out of Houston before this crap hit us!

I started a new blog, an since I like theatrics, am going by the blog name of Skeeter Speaks.

You can find it here:

http://skeeterspeaks.blogspot.com/2009/12/motorcycling-in-snow.html

Please take a look if you want. I'll be posting more when we get south of the border.

Thanks to all that have helped me in the past!!!!

:250:

Dang but don't that look like fun. Some of the best camping I've ever done was in weather like that.

agreed, my wifes cousin and i were trapping up in Baudette Minnesota ( by the Canada border), one winter when it was 20 degrees below zero for 2 weeks.. had an old air-tight stove in the tent. it worked pretty good but was most of the night regulating the heat..

Please be careful in the snow and did you say SOUTH OF THE BORDER? Its extremely dangerous in most areas along the border, please exercise extreme caution and always be aware of whats going on around you. Never allow your bikes to become boxed in in traffic as this can signal a kidnapping attempt!