IGNORED

Rode a Harley this weekend.....

Gamecock

So I am in God's country, South Carolina, for Thanksgiving and my brother in law wanted to put some miles on his new bike. I didn't think I'd be riding so I didn't bring my RSV from VA. The father in law told me to take his 2003 Harley Ultra Classic and after 300 miles on it I got three words to describe it: Was Not Impressed!!!

My RSV rides a whole lot better than his HD. Both him and my dad (2001 HD Electra Glide Classic) say I'm nuts. All I had to say to them was they haven't ridden my bike and I would prove my point when we all get together on a trip.

I love my RSV and that ride just confirmed it!

Ben

Listen to them Harley riders. It was that awlful South Carolina road that made the HD ride bad.... hehehehe

8 of 10 guys I ride with -- ride Harley. It's all in what you want or can afford, Bottom line --- we ride and be thankful for that.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

Both have their advantages, it's strange getting used to my Electra Glide. I will say one thing though, the steering and nimbleness of my Harley IS better than the RSV's I have owned. No it doesn't have the power up top that the Venture does, but it will pull out of the hole like nobodys business.

Now if Yamaha would only upgrade the Venture to real world needs...that could be a whole nother ballgame. :)

Thats it..were losing Squidley. I can see it now. Once he masters the use of the drawl in his speech the next thing will be the growing of a rather large and unkempt beard and a dangley earring, along with his HD tattoo on his forehead and a bright orange HD jacket. Hmmm, maybe a nice pair of HD suspenders will be needed as he gives up DQ and learns to swill beer at the local watering hole while his HD is parked at the curb....The only thing worse would be to see Muffinman on a Vespa......:smile5:

This is the way it should read...........I would make the HD smaller if I could

:stickpoke:89 Venture Royale / 79 HD :stickpoke:

I would rather See Squidly in a 10 gallon hat and cowboy boots, that I could handle, but him decked out in Harley fashion would be unforgiveable....................

""
Edited by DragonRider

Hey Squidley how come your Harley is listed first and gets a longer billing:think::think:>>>>>>"'79 Electra Glide/'89 VR"

it should be >>>>>>"89 Venture Royale / 79 HD "

Are you rolling over on us :95:

Nah, not rolling over on you, this H/D will be the 1 bike I NEVER get rid of. It was given from the heart from the family of a friend that I loved dearly. The least I can do is give it 1st billing as I will sell my Ventures 1st before this H/D leaves my possesion.

No worries fellas, I'm not going anywhere, just gonna make a bike from a friend come back to life :)

Squidley, I saw the post awhile back about how this HD came into your posession. I gotta agree with you, makes it a very special scoot. Cherish it and remember your friend every time you ride.

I had an old Sportster given to me in about the same fashion several years ago, I hated to ride the dang thing (shook like crazy, thought my eyes would pop out), but at least once a month I'd fire it up and take it for a spin. It would bring back memories of my fallen buddy. I'd still have that bike today if it hadn't been stollen, theif got away with a $3,000 bike, but to me it was priceless. I swore if I ever did find that theiving low life I would string him up by his walnuts and skin him alive. It's been over seven years, don't think I will ever see that scoot again. Life goes on I guess, I still have the memories!

Dave

Nah, not rolling over on you, this H/D will be the 1 bike I NEVER get rid of. It was given from the heart from the family of a friend that I loved dearly. The least I can do is give it 1st billing as I will sell my Ventures 1st before this H/D leaves my possesion.

No worries fellas, I'm not going anywhere, just gonna make a bike from a friend come back to life

:)

Squidley, I remember that post well, and so I guess due to the circumstances, We can forgive you this one time and overlook it. :thumbsup2: But you still better not roll over on us.....After all what we ever do without Lonna,s cheese c----I ah mean you.

This past summer when I was deciding on a RSV, I test drove a 2009 Heritage Softail.

The bike just didn't grab me & say "Buy me!". The range of the gears was too tight. I felt like I was doing too much shifting (6 speed). In fact the biggest difference I have noticed over the years of motorcycles, is the narrowing of the gear ranges & adding more gears.

I found going to a wide range 5 speed very nice. The HD tranny was even clunky (shift noise).

Besides that, I just could not afford to buy HD boots, HD hat, HD gloves, HD etc. to be just like the others that spend a lot to look like their HD neighbors. I have a coworker that I harass about once a week. In the 5 years I've know her, she has yet to ride her HD Heritage to work. However, she does have her HD posters up in her cube along with a HD mug. Her truck has a HD Teddy Bear on the dash & HD stickers on the bumper & rear window.

If I owned the Heritage, the other riders would just hound me for not being dressed out in HD .

No kidding, some of the people at work scheduled a bike day to ride to work, but didn't tell me because I ride non-HD bikes.

LOL

Rode a friends $36,000 screaming eagle last weds, I must say it was just a much a piece of crap as the 1976 electra glide I had was, Rode rough as wagon, one of the worst handling bike I have every ridden. Handle bars shaking so bad at the red lights, feels like its pulling your shoulders out of joint. They talked me into ridding telling me I would buy one afterward.

When we stopped he asked when I was going to get mine,

I said When H--- Freezes over.

Now give me back my Yamaha.

Gregg