IGNORED

The Trip (Big Bend)

Squidley

I know there are a few folks that want to hear a bit more of the weekend trip of our Texas brothers and sisters, I'll try to fill in some blanks.

Let me 1st say Thank you again to all that put this together, as it really was a mini rally. GuthDaddy17 (Larry and his wife Keeley, son Ryan and Anna) Larry procured the lodging for us at the Ramada and it was a great choice. Tom (You know Tom from Blanco) who's wild idea it was to head over to Big Bend. Herb (Master Guns) who is a behind the scenes guy and hates being put in the limelight, for making some killer Marguaritas on Saturday night and is a great guy to be around.

Then there were all the nut cases that showed up Dave (Dave 77459) James (Jburrell) Don (Gunboat) Perry and Molly (pktexas) Buddy and Jude (BuddyRich) and then there were a few "New Members" that made the trip with us. Let me tell you about a woman, actually 2 of them Lillian (Tom's Mother) and Kerry (Tom's Sister) for whom this trip was greatly enhanced by them being there. Kerry is a new rider and has recently bought herself a nice Suzuki C50 Boulevard. She only had 600 miles on this bike prior to the trip, but I'll tell you what, she's got the "Stuff" to be serious biker chick material. We have named her hardcore as she never complained about the riding (she put on probably 1200 miles on this trip) and she has grown as a rider in just 4 days with us. Tom is very proud of her as we all were, she did a fantastic job and I hope she will ride with this group more. Tom's Mother (Lillian) is 81 years old and let me tell you something, she is sharp as a tack for her age. Gunboat Chauffered Miss Lillian around this trip in HER '07 Dodge 3500 Dually diesel truck, you gotta love a gal that has a truck like that! She was an absolute pleasure to be around and that lady had us laughing so hard through out the weekend that my guts still hurt! She is one of the coolest women I know and she added so, so much to the experience this weekend it should have been illegal. I look forward to having her with us on another outing that I'll leave the bike behind and be the chauffer. We also had the opportunity to ride with one of Tom's walmart driving friends that owns a newer goldwing (nice bike too) Billy and Caroline. I'll tell Y'all something to those that didn't get the chance to ride back east with the group on Sunday....you missed an excellent ride and the conversations and ribbing that went on the CB's between Tom, Billy and myself had us damn near peeing ourselves. Y'all make sure and ask Tom what happens at 117 mph

:yikes:

Of course there was the typical mayhem that always is associated with any of VR.org getting together. What a great time we had with everyone and this trip really helped Lonna and I with being homesick and missing all out brothers and sisters up north and obviously our families. It was great to get away from Houston (love the members here, the city...not so much) and for the 1st time in probably about 3 or 4 months I was able to put on some serious miles on a scoot and help to start clearing my head.

I can't thank enough of the folks that helped make this happen for Lonna and myself as we were not going to go due to me not working. They finally needled me enough that I caved in and threw caution into the wind and we went...I am so glad we did. Tom, Can't thank you enough my friend, I look forward to many more rides with you. Gunboat...well you know how we feel and to all the others, thanks for one of the best times and best get togethers that I can remember. I'll get some more of the pics edited and posted up here tomorrow at some point. BTW if any of the members are on the fence about coming to a M&E or a rally, your really shortchanging yourselves out of some of the best time you will EVER have in your life....SHOW UP!

Edited by Squidley

:mytruck1:

Not MY Bike......:stirthepot:

Hey Brad this is Kerry (Hardcore)

Thanks for the kind words. I thought I complained all weekend about my old tired back. Enjoyed the ride and company although I missed much of the conversation which went SOUTH much of the time I am told. Hope to do this again sometime when I am fully equipped.....with all the biker gear! You guys are great!

Kerry,

Seriously, it was our pleasure to have you with us and you didn't complain any more than all us other Old farts :) We truly enjoyed yours and your mothers company, yeah even Tom's too. You be careful tomorrow on the sisters and we'll help you spend your millions on accessories for that bike. let me know if you'd like to join up on the site, we'd love to have you :happy34:

hi all

i can't add much to this, i'am blessed more than i have a right to. i have meet and made so many friends here. i had a GREAT TIME, i have been out to the "BEND" 4 or 5 times over the last 5 years and i never get tired of it. now it's a hump to get out there (over 600 miles) one way from houston. then about 120 miles into the park headquarters area. but it's a fantastic ride and i know every state has it's great riding areas.

i must say i really had a great time being tom's mother's (miss lillian) personal chauffer for the whole weekend. now this woman can tell some tails. had me going for hours. best part was i have been adopted by miss lillian, i'am now her official chauffer. the low spot for me was when we had to part ways this morning. this lady has touched my heart & soul. i don't often shead a tear but i was crying when i said good bye. she is a lot like my mom, who passed away over 10 years ago. tom's sister kerry is a great woman too. she is be comeing a "hardcore" biker girl. i'll be her wingman any day.

thanks again for all the fun, good to see all the venture family that could show up for this meet & ride. master guns

(herb) thanks again for the offer of riding your h-d ultra classic bike.

best reguards

don c.

Tom----on the #26 photo-----you and Jose,appeared to be doing mighty fine??------:thumbsup2:---it appears that ya'll had a gr8 gathering--------------:clap2: am looking forward to warmer climate in Jan.--------------Thanks fer the picts-------:usa::usa:

It was SOOOO good...Squid made us go eat though..Next time party all night! BUT we did continue the party going home on the radio...IF anybody says they can take a Gold Wing...I will put money on The Wing...I gave up at 117 MPH..By the GPS! that wing BLEW by me..I had a little left but I knew I was put in my place!

It was SOOOO good...Squid made us go eat though..Next time party all night! BUT we did continue the party going home on the radio...IF anybody says they can take a Gold Wing...I will put money on The Wing...I gave up at 117 MPH..By the GPS! that wing BLEW by me..I had a little left but I knew I was put in my place!

Yea....you showed him didn't you!:rotf::rotf:

Squid,

you know what I appreciate? The fact that you went in and put everyone's names on each picture. That really helps those of us that don't get to go to many m&e's. It's always good to put a face to a name. I know that took alot of effort, but we appreciate it.

:thumbsup:

I actually started to post in the body of the post #1 is... and then I decided to change all them on my computer as I saw they would show up in the pic when it was clicked on. I know how you feel as I like to put names and faces together. I'll remember to do it like this when I post my pics

:happy34:

I have to say that I really, REALLY, had the best time I can remember for a long time this weekend. I have been to as many of the rallys as I can, but this one was so much fun that it was stupid!

Perhaps it's because we miss our family and friends up north as much as we do. But I really felt great this weekend being with all the Texans. Still a lot on my mind with work and starting a new life, but this was needed badly and I want to Thank Tom and all that made it happen again. We had the best time with you all and I look forward to doing it again very soon

:)

Edited by Squidley

Perhaps it's because we miss our family and friends up north as much as we do.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::bawling::bawling::bawling:

...IF anybody says they can take a Gold Wing...I will put money on The Wing...I gave up at 117 MPH..By the GPS! that wing BLEW by me..I had a little left but I knew I was put in my place!

If you would have been on a 1ST GEN, that PROBABLY wouldn't have happened! It would have at least been a lot faster than that!

Good go tho Tom, one of these days you'll get yourself a QUICK bike!:scared: