IGNORED

More damage to my bike

saddlebum

AND I WASN'T EVEN RIDING IT !! I cop out of Bongobos fall foliage ride because I had a steep roof to reshingle. To get a rope over the roof I used my fishing rod and cast over the roof from the back. I then tied the line to the rope to pull it over. I am almost over the top when the large rope snags and I snap my fishing line. So, while I am in the back yard tying a new weight to the line to cast over, my neighbour decides to put the ladder up then carry the rope up over the ridge (like I said it is a steep roof) as he try's to walk up the roof he slips. From the back yard I hear a loud crash and relizing suddenly what my crazy neighbour attempted to do I run around to the front expecting to see broken bone's all over my front lawn. As I come through the gate the first thing I see is the ladder laying across my motorcycle, then the eave trough ripped off the house and lastly my neighbour on the ground getting back up on his feet. Don't ask me how it was possible but he did not have a single mark on him, nor was he hurt in any way ( Thank God for that ). My bike on the other hand has another nice scrape on my new paint job and the seat has a six inch cut across it. The main thing of course is that (1) He did not get hurt and (2) I did not have to give mouth to mouth to that sruffy old face of his.

By the way its a brown seat for an 89 VR just in case there Is one floating around looking for a new home:big-grin-emoticon:

Enough ...Enough ....You two get a room ! :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot::cool10:

Seriously , glad no one was hurt . I know how that feels to fall . When I lived in AK , we finished a 4 story condo . Laying the last sheet of plywood on the unfinished roof , I decided to cut a few holes for the plumber . It was in the dead middle of winter , snowed 3' that previous night on the roof where we worked on it the day before (unfinished) . Even-though I was wearing logging corks , I slipped and fell 4 stories . Lucky for me, I bounced from one roof top to another as the condo had multiple roof levels . Landed on the ground and missed some unfinished concrete work that had re bar sticking straight upwards .That would definitely had been a bad day if land 6" to the left from where I did land .

BEER30

I'm glad this turned out somewhat OK, but!!!

For the heck of it:... who's going to pay for this, your M/C insurance; your homeowners, his homeowners, him??

What if you would have had a neighbor who suddenly thinks he's hurt and thinks that somehow this is your fault?

Just playing devils advocate here ......

Ben, sorry to hear about your bike. Helpful neighbours are hard to come by, but with ones like that who needs the destructive kind.

On another note. Big Tom ate your ice cream yesterday, and just in case that wasn't enough, I drank a milk shake for you.

AND I WASN'T EVEN RIDING IT !! I cop out of Bongobos fall foliage ride because I had a steep roof to reshingle. To get a rope over the roof I used my fishing rod and cast over the roof from the back. I then tied the line to the rope to pull it over. I am almost over the top when the large rope snags and I snap my fishing line. So, while I am in the back yard tying a new weight to the line to cast over, my neighbour decides to put the ladder up then carry the rope up over the ridge (like I said it is a steep roof) as he try's to walk up the roof he slips. From the back yard I hear a loud crash and relizing suddenly what my crazy neighbour attempted to do I run around to the front expecting to see broken bone's all over my front lawn. As I come through the gate the first thing I see is the ladder laying across my motorcycle, then the eave trough ripped off the house and lastly my neighbour on the ground getting back up on his feet. Don't ask me how it was possible but he did not have a single mark on him, nor was he hurt in any way ( Thank God for that ). My bike on the other hand has another nice scrape on my new paint job and the seat has a six inch cut across it. The main thing of course is that (1) He did not get hurt and (2) I did not have to give mouth to mouth to that sruffy old face of his.

By the way its a brown seat for an 89 VR just in case there Is one floating around looking for a new home:big-grin-emoticon:

Ben sorry to here about your bike, i just switched to a black seat for my bike after painting it black last winter and i have a brown seat off of my 87 that i had rick butler do his mod to that is in great shape if your interested in it send me a pm or email and i can send pics. i also have the back pass pad and arm rest for trunk,venture line driver back rest off my 87, also a black seat off a 83 in good shape. let me know what you need and we can haggel over price.(esaffley@yahoo.com)

Hey, I need some roof work done on my house...maybe you and your nieghbor could come on down and............eerrrrrr..never mind !!!!! ....and yes , thanks for the ice cream invite you posted the other day...not only did I have ice cream on you ,but I had a couple pieces of pie too:big-grin-emoticon::fnd_(16):

Got a brown cover for you off an 83, all you need to do is pickit up or have someone deliver it,,,,,, mind you, if you to pick it up bring some handy tools with you and plan on staying for a day or two,,, lots of work, but not on shingles.

Oh never mind,,, just come and pickit up, I even know where it is right now.

I'm glad this turned out somewhat OK, but!!!

For the heck of it:... who's going to pay for this, your M/C insurance; your homeowners, his homeowners, him??

What if you would have had a neighbor who suddenly thinks he's hurt and thinks that somehow this is your fault?

Just playing devils advocate here ......

No worry's here as far as legal action is concerned, he does not blame me since he took it upon his own to walk across the street to see what I was doing and then of his own accord decided to put a ladder up against the house and go up while I was in the back yard . and there won't be any insurance involment here. He has offered to make good on the damages to house and bike, but he is a good friend as well as neighbour so betwwen us we will sort it all out the old fashioned honourable way. I'll fix the bike ( I still have paint left over from when I painted the bike) besides its not that big of a scuff so I may be able to just add some clear coat and then buff it out. I have an extra section of matching eave trough to repair the damaged one Even though he offered to replace it. He has also offered to have the seat redone by some one he knows put I don't think they normally do motorcycle seat and I don't want it to mismatch the back rest and arm rests.

Once again the main thing is he was not hurt and he is playing hockey right now.

Ben, sorry to hear about your bike. Helpful neighbours are hard to come by, but with ones like that who needs the destructive kind.

On another note. Big Tom ate your ice cream yesterday, and just in case that wasn't enough, I drank a milk shake for you.

Hey, I need some roof work done on my house...maybe you and your nieghbor could come on down and............eerrrrrr..never mind !!!!! ....and yes , thanks for the ice cream invite you posted the other day...not only did I have ice cream on you ,but I had a couple pieces of pie too:big-grin-emoticon::fnd_(16):

Got a brown cover for you off an 83, all you need to do is pickit up or have someone deliver it,,,,,, mind you, if you to pick it up bring some handy tools with you and plan on staying for a day or two,,, lots of work, but not on shingles.

Oh never mind,,, just come and pickit up, I even know where it is right now.

I have a spare black seat collecting dust...

Ben sorry to here about your bike' date=' i just switched to a black seat for my bike after painting it black last winter and i have a brown seat off of my 87 that i had rick butler do his mod to that is in great shape if your interested in it send me a pm or email and i can send pics. i also have the back pass pad and arm rest for trunk,venture line driver back rest off my 87, also a black seat off a 83 in good shape. let me know what you need and we can haggel over price.(esaffley@yahoo.com)

As always you guy's are the best:bawling::bawling:

Edited by saddlebum

Ben - Sure sounds like the outcome could have been much worse for your bike that you just recently repainted and especially for your neighbour. I also think the kind of support and offers for help from our fellow forum members is something special. Just one suggestion, make sure your table saw is no where close by when you do the painting this time.

glad no one was hurt but reminded me of a story. a long time ago a friend of mine was reshingling his barn [picture old traditional looking barn roof]. to do this he had rigged a rope over the barn to an old lineman harness and anchored by his pickup on the other side. he had his nephew [ picture not so bright but related and available] moving the pickup when he needed more or less elevation. about lunchtime he told his nephew that he was good for awhile and to run into town and grab some fastfood, wallets in the truck. nephew grabbed wallet [see it coming], but instead of driving his car decided to take uncles pickup. i think he said it was a 2 week hospital stay

I'm glad everyone is okay, and you can still laugh about it.

later,

Noty only can we now laugh about it, but I tend to go over to his house tonite and drink the rest of his beer to compansate for the stress and near heart failure he gave me :beer:

Ben - Sure sounds like the outcome could have been much worse for your bike that you just recently repainted and especially for your neighbour. I also think the kind of support and offers for help from our fellow forum members is something special. Just one suggestion, make sure your table saw is no where close by when you do the painting this time.
Just for the record that was my sons table saw and he actually was told to keep it well away from my bike if he planned on storing it in my garage. What part did he not understand ? you say:bang head: Edited by saddlebum

DAMN!!!

all these do gooders ruined it for me.....i was going to let Ben sweat it out for a few days, and then offer him a brown venture seat from an '86 in exchange for putting my bike back together!

oh well.....

when are the shingles due for replacement again, ben? how old is your neighbour? you think he's going to be around for the next time? :scratchchin: tell you what....why don't you tell him the chimney on the roof needs some attention? oh...and dont forget to park the bike besides the ladder. :banana:

DAMN!!!

all these do gooders ruined it for me.....i was going to let Ben sweat it out for a few days, and then offer him a brown venture seat from an '86 in exchange for putting my bike back together!

oh well.....

when are the shingles due for replacement again, ben? how old is your neighbour? you think he's going to be around for the next time? :scratchchin: tell you what....why don't you tell him the chimney on the roof needs some attention? oh...and dont forget to park the bike besides the ladder. :banana:

Actually I plan on reshingling the entire roof in the spring. But just to play it safe I plan on parking the bike well away from the house. Maybe leave it at Big Toms I hear he washes and waxes them while they are there :big-grin-emoticon: