IGNORED

Travel in Comfort?

FROG MAN

When Ramona and I travel I try to book ahead looking for those discount rates for early booking dates. We always look for free wifi, Indoor pool,king size bed, microwave,fridge,etc. Also some of the motel chains serve a really nice breakfast which we enjoy. Having a cracker barrel close is also a plus. Thursday night everything was great except that was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. We both complained of back pain and hit the pain killer early. Which brings me to my question. What motel chains do you recommend for mattress comfort?I mean this was a business class suite but the bed was hard as a rock.Maybe they sleep on rocks in Pennsylvania I don't know?

Marca and I travel a lot, and mostly we find that at the end of the trip and the day our bed is always warm, ready and fits us like a glove. Sometimes though we have to sleep in some unknown, unplanned place of reclining, and then it's a hit and miss. Mostly though, we sleep very well and haven't had any broads in our bed.

When Ramona and I travel I try to book ahead looking for those discount rates for early booking dates. We always look for free wifi, Indoor pool,king size bed, microwave,fridge,etc. Also some of the motel chains serve a really nice breakfast which we enjoy. Having a cracker barrel close is also a plus. Thursday night everything was great except that was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. We both complained of back pain and hit the pain killer early. Which brings me to my question. What motel chains do you recommend for mattress comfort?I mean this was a business class suite but the bed was hard as a rock.Maybe they sleep on rocks in Pennsylvania I don't know?

Love the Hampton Inn's....great beds, breakfast is usually pretty good, and most will allow you to park the bike under the front canopy, which is well lit and DRY. Our favorite is the Hampton Inn in Sieverville....great breakfast, staff are great, and close to great riding, and Beth's favorite, the outlet mall.

And, like Carl, never found any broads in our beds either...

randy:hihi:

Just get a room with a jacusie tub,king bed and the wife and I don't worry about sleeping. :whistling:

And do not forget the Candles and Adult Beverages !

Bummer that you cannot pay by the hour though :thumbdown: . Ahh , those BOUNCE Back weekends ! :missingtooth:

BEER30

I travel almost every week. Where I can stay is restricted by my company who asks us to try to keep it under $80.00 per night. That is not always possible but usually not a problem. I typically stay at the Choice Hotel chain in order to take advantage of their rewards program. The Choice Hotel chain consists of Comfort Inn, Quality Inn, Sleep Inn, Clarion, Econolodge. Econolodge can be pretty ratty at times so I avoid them. Some of the Quality Inns are pretty old. Sleep Inns are OK but a usually a step below Comfort Inns. I would guess that I use Comfort Inn about 80% of the time and the other stays are usually at Quality or Sleep Inn. Even the Comfort Inns can be hit and miss. Most are OK. A few are excellent. A very few are dumps.

Mom and pops for us. It's the luck of the draw on how comfortable the beds are though. Some are really very fancy and some or just so so.:confused24: But everyone is unique in its furnishings. We try to stay away from the interstate motels as much as possible. Since the G.P.S. with 6 million P.O.I.s we have more to choose from.:thumbsup2: Some have been quite a experience.:rotfl: Musts to look for at any mom and pop motel. 1. Flys in room. No kidding, didn't see them till we were there a few hours. So I started swatting them with a travel brochure. Picture this, a white room that looked as if it was a scene in a blood splatter investigation when we left.:rotfl::rotfl: 2. TV that works. 3. TV remote that works. 4 HOT WATER Stayed at a old motel with 10 units in the 10th unit. Turned on the hot water and you could a bigger stream. Not enough water pressure to hardly come out the shower head. 4 inch bath that night.:thumbsup2: Beggars can't be choosers.:confused24: 5.Never stay where there are work trucks in the parking lot. Most of these workers live there after working their job. Tend to be impromptu parties at all hours of the night.:guitarist 2:6.Never stay at a motel named Bates.:yikes::D