• No RSTD
  • New Stratoliner Deluxe, no "plain" Stratoliner
  • no Roadliner Midnight
  • no "plain" Roadstar
  • upgraded 1300 Tourer
  • no "plain" 1300
  • no 1100s, at all
  • no Warriors

There are some pricing changes on all models, some more modest than others.

TERRY

Unless they have lost their minds, there is no way I am spending almost 20K on a Venture. Hate to say it, but now your in the price range of a full dresser H/D and folks aren't going to pay that kind of money for a antiquatedly accesorized bike...sorry to say it but it's the truth

:2cents:

Unless they have lost their minds, there is no way I am spending almost 20K on a Venture. Hate to say it, but now your in the price range of a full dresser H/D and folks aren't going to pay that kind of money for a antiquatedly accesorized bike...sorry to say it but it's the truth

:2cents:

Not when HD put out a new Road Glide at 17k.:doh:

I don't see this as a good sales year for the Venture. Nothing new and the price is up. Better to buy a used one at half the price. The new colors are boring as well. I have an '07 Midnight and I'm not at all impressed with their attempt at "flames". The black looks better without.

No big deal for me anyway. I'm not in the market for a few more years. I just love the sound of "paid for".

I do like that big V-4 and would like to see them do some things to it but guess it ain't gonna happen.

Fuel Injection

Another gear

CD Player

Better brakes

Back to 1200 power would be done with extra gear and changing ratio of lower ones and fuel Injection.

The stuff dreams are made of.:draming:

I'm just glad I bought my RSTD when I did. I'm loving this bike so far. Not sure why they got rid of it. At least they are coming out with new models unlike Suzuki. If Suzuki had come out with a tour model of the C109, hardbags, fairing ect I would probably have bought one. Had good luck with them but I don't think the care about the cruiser market much. They are the leader in sport bikes.

I'm glad they didn't because this RSTD is a perfect bike for me.:thumbsup:

I was speaking with a guy from Yamaha to about my warranty

Then I mentioned the NO RSTD in the line up

He said that they have it in the 2010 line up

I replied it not on the website

He said the only bike they are not making is the v-star 1100

It has been replaced with the 950 ???

950 -- 1100 has to be the same Motor

seems like a waste

My 2 cents

The price increase is completely understandable - it is costing Yamahaha a high premium to source those cassette decks now. Nobody's making them anymore, so they have to be specially sourced just for the Venture!

But changing the design drawings and assembly line to just put in a plastic accessory box in its place would cost even more.

Goose

The price increase is completely understandable - it is costing Yamahaha a high premium to source those cassette decks now. Nobody's making them anymore, so they have to be specially sourced just for the Venture!

But changing the design drawings and assembly line to just put in a plastic accessory box in its place would cost even more.

Goose

They don't give a damn. The buyer is still paying the freight. Too bad it's not an option and the buyer could pass on it.... As far as in cost goes, they're just dumping old stock that wouldn't be able to get rid of otherwise... :mo money:

They don't give a damn. The buyer is still paying the freight. Too bad it's not an option and the buyer could pass on it.... As far as in cost goes, they're just dumping old stock that wouldn't be able to get rid of otherwise... :mo money:
Well, first of all, my post was just a joke (at least the part about the cost of the cassette). But you are wrong that a manufacturer doesn't give a damn about the cost per unit of manufacture. Yes, they almost always do pass it all on to the buyer, but a smaller increase is ALWAYS better, all else being equal. The only justification for choosing to do something more expensive is if they expect the perceived value to offset the increased cost and generate higher sales.

The really bad part of even a minor design change is that the up front cost on the manufacturing process is generally quite large, and that total cost must be amortized over the expected number of units over a set period of time. Since the RSV is such a small volume item, they would never get their cost back without pricing the bike like a typical HD. That is why I keep saying there is zero chance of seeing ANY changes to this 10 year old design until they completely update it with the expectation of at least another three to five year run.

Goose

Well, first of all, my post was just a joke (at least the part about the cost of the cassette). But you are wrong that a manufacturer doesn't give a damn about the cost per unit of manufacture. Yes, they almost always do pass it all on to the buyer, but a smaller increase is ALWAYS better, all else being equal. The only justification for choosing to do something more expensive is if they expect the perceived value to offset the increased cost and generate higher sales.

The really bad part of even a minor design change is that the up front cost on the manufacturing process is generally quite large, and that total cost must be amortized over the expected number of units over a set period of time. Since the RSV is such a small volume item, they would never get their cost back without pricing the bike like a typical HD. That is why I keep saying there is zero chance of seeing ANY changes to this 10 year old design until they completely update it with the expectation of at least another three to five year run.

Goose

Geeze, don't get your knickers in a twist and lighten up. I made a comment and it was tongue-in-cheek. I'm not trying to usurp your expertise in the area of manufacturing in-work costs, but I've been dealing with manufactures in M&M for over 45 years and have pick up a few tid-bits of info during that time. Manufactures modify production components and parts all the time. It's not unusual. Not even for Yamaha. The 1stGen is a good example of that. Where they did get stuck in the mud is with the 2ndGen. To think that they are still buying components thru outsourcing to keep a production run unchanged is a fantasy, and paying more for the part because it's obsolete is a well. Believe me when I say they bought a bunch of the integrated com systems and still have a shelf full of them is the main reason they are not improving the part.

I’ll be in the market for a new or new to me venture in a year or so. With Yamaha making no changes why should I even consider a “brand” new model at around $17,000 when I can get the same thing a few years old with a few miles on it for around $10,000 and still have a two or three warranty. It seems like to me Yamaha’s new bike sale will start falling, especially with the other guy’s coming out with new touring models with up to date technology

P.S. I have yet to see a better looking bike then the Midnight with the studded seat. If they would come back with that, an in dash CD player and a few gages I’d go the the bank tomorrow.