IGNORED

3 Bruised Ribs, A Sprained Wrist, and my Pride

E-Fishin-C

I initiated my KLR 650 Thursday ,Okay it's not a 4-wheeler, I decided to take one of these winter ski-doo trails that followed the Trans Canada power lines for 12 miles one way.

The trail was jagged , round boulder gravel great for a jeep in low gear:rotfl:for 5 miles and then the water showed up. Most the way up the depth of the water was around 1 foot or 2 deep except the one pictured below was knee deep (Now which side to I take left, right or down the middle.)

Down the middle it will be ....While standing upward and in second gear I hammered it

Reached the curve of the road and my eyes widened :doh:a major wash out fast flowing water I kept it at a steady pace and than it happened the front wheel drops downward and here Im going over the handles bars .Yahoo!!! Flat on my back and a motorcycle on top of me Im so glad that it is a light scoot

The other 2 photos Northern Ontario Speckle Trout lakes

Oh the camera , sleeping bag tent Etc are presently being dried out

Yup , Im not 21 . The pain stays a little longer:rotfl:

Charlie, are ya tellin me you need me to bring my ol IT400 up there and show ya how a young guy rides those trails? Better yet, I'll just send you my knobbys up there so you have some decent tires to go ride the trails with!

Glad to hear all it was is a couple bruised ribs and some ego thrown in for good luck! I've done that a couple times myself! Twisted ankle, bruised knee and ribs, you know the tales!

Ya shoulda kept some of that Apple Pie!:223:

Charlie, just be glad you didn't do it on a 4 wheeler cause it would of done the same thing. I was riding quads with a friend that proved it, same thing front wheels in the air in second gear hit the water and WALLAH !! a forward endo "OUCH" be glad it wasn't quad. After we got his quad out of the water it took about an hour to get it started.

SLOW DOWN

OLD MAN

:starz::rasberry:

Glad your going to survive,

Gary

Charlie,

What these great washed folks don't understand is that scratches and dings are the farkles of choice for the KLR. A KLR without dings is just a Garage Queen or even worse, an Asphault A*****e!!

Other than the pain, it looks like you had a great time. I might suggest Continental TKC70 DOT knobbies. Also, if you are going off road, you might want to put the stock windscreen back on. It is less expensive to replace and easier to get over when you crash.:stickpoke:

Oh, and good on you showing the proper wearing of riding gear - ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time). Your little get-off could have been much worse without the proper protection. Wisdom comes with age and/or experience.

RR

I had a similar adventure this summer. Fortunately my wife and I left her Suzuki C50 and my RSTD back at the motel that day.

My wife and I were on a bike trip in July. When we rolled into Parry Sound Ontario the forecast was for late day thunderstorms. I wanted to check out a cottage I had built thirty years ago in the area, but the darkening skys forced us to rent a Yaris and do the trip in a four wheel cage. We brought along my newly aquired Garmin motorcycle GPS to help us navigate.

We found the cottage all right then decided to explore the other end of the paved highway that I had never followed in my younger years. Eventually the paved highway turned into a dirt road so we punched in a request asking our GPS to steer us back to the main road to Parry Sound. After 8.5 kilometers of roads and conditions similar to those in your pictures, using the poor little (I think I can, I think I can) Yaris as a four by four, we came to a clearing. While parked on top of a boulder stairing at a small uninhabited lake and some hydro towers, my GPS told us to hang a left and drive 12.5 kilometers on the hydro access trail. We quickly hung a 180 and headed out of there bottoming out the suspension every few seconds before the thunder storms could cut off our escape route.

Fortunately the rental place was closed when we got back to town so we left the key in the late return box. I guess the guys were all hung over the next morning, because we didn't get any nasty calls and were only charged the basic daily rental charge on our next credit card statement. Later, I used Google maps to pinpoint where we turned around we realized we would have had another 25 - 30 kilometers along hydro access trails and cow paths in the dark during heavy rains to get back out to the main highway.

The moral of the story is never trust a motorcycle GPS unless your riding a dirt bike!:cool10:

• 2 weeks later...