IGNORED

Please use meaningful titles for posts

RandyR

There seem to be quite a few posts on this site where the title really gives one no clue as to what the poster is going to say or wants.

If I'm in a hurry, and skimming for posts that are most relevant to me, I may miss something.

Likewise, after a period of time, if I'm looking for a thread that contained something I needed, it may be hard to locate based on a generically worded title.

M&E's even in the planning stages should contain the location and dates.

Requests for mechanical help should contain the model of MC in question.

And so on.

Thank you. End of sermon.

:337:

Original poster ( a fairly new guy) is irked he cant decipher our titles, now he (the fairly new guy on blue RSTD ) wants us to be practical and make them easy to find..........If we were practical (first gen riders) we wouldnt ride antique bikes, if we were practical (2nd gen riders) we wouldnt take some posts south, if we were practical, we wouldnt be here, would we...................So everyone keep up the good work.:stirthepot::stirthepot:

QUOTE=Aussie Annie;377760]It's a'headin' that way, ain't it!!:bang head:

There seem to be quite a few posts on this site where the title really gives one no clue as to what the poster is going to say or wants.

If I'm in a hurry, and skimming for posts that are most relevant to me, I may miss something.

Likewise, after a period of time, if I'm looking for a thread that contained something I needed, it may be hard to locate based on a generically worded title.

M&E's even in the planning stages should contain the location and dates.

Requests for mechanical help should contain the model of MC in question.

And so on.

Thank you. End of sermon.

:337:

In a perfect world that's the way it would be done. But...

We are far from perfect so it probably isn't going to happen. And the way your "request" came across a few on here are gonna give you crap about it. :doh:

To tell the truth, even I (the nice guy that I am :D ) considered making a few posts titled "Meaningful Titles". :hihi: :stirthepot:

Actually, RandyR made some good points.

It is a frustration to me to have someone post about a problem and you have no idea what bike they are talking about. I end up pulling up their profile and they MAY have it listed there. In most cases, there is a big difference between a 1st and 2nd gen. There is can also be a big difference between an MKI and MKII 1st gen. It is easy to list it on their header.

I also appreciate it if people note their hometown, as it may be of interest to me.

Yes, there can be some misleading posts, but I will hover on the title line for a second with my arrow and the first sentence will popup and I can read it without opening it. But, some of these offbeat posts are also the most enjoyable to read.

The other part of this is we have a lot of posts that get side tracked and this can be good or bad, but overall, this is a great place and I would not want to change much, maybe a little more noun-verb agreement and we do have a very good spelling program that I loaded off here, Ispell, but I won't go into any of that stuff.

RandyA