IGNORED

What are the odds of catching this on video?

helomech

• 3 years later...
Kangaroos do the same thing :yikes: Big boomer will come out of th scrub so quick you have no time to re-act :doh:

Annie you are so right. This very incident happened to my wife and I last year in March. We were on a club ride in the morning in the Texas hill country when a deer came out of no where jumped in front of my bike with the sidecar and almost hit the bike behind me. You talk about pulse racing WOW!!! :shock3: We are about to do the same route again this month for the same ride.

Rick A.

It could have happened so fast he did not even see it!

I agree! Something similar happened to me last summer on a 50 KPH (30 MPH) four lane exiting a village. A deer suddenly shot out of the bush on the left side and was across all four lanes before any of the cager's brake lights came on! He was already reaching the far shoulder by the time I hit my VR's brakes. I was being very careful because of the way people drive in that area, but the speed at which it all happened was incredible! Sure glad he didn't decide to stop all of a sudden! If you watch the video closely (Blowing it up to full screen helps) you can see the deer's shadow, especially as he jumps over the 2nd bike. Also, it looks as if the rider on that bike on the left ducks his head just before the video ends. Doesn't look fake to me!

:yikes:

Deer are everywhere here in the U.S., and experienced riders try to always be on the lookout for them. The fewer of them we see near the roads, the safer we feel. But, I have to admit ..., I would love to see some kangaroos bounding around in the wild once in a while - just not on the roads.

Be Safe!

Pete.

Sorry but I am not buying it. If you notice there is a late afternoon shadow on everything except the deer. The only time you see a shadow from the deer is just as it is going over the bike and then it is directly below it, more like a high noon shadow. Also the clarity of the deer at the end of the video is quite different from the other objects in the video. Good job of video editing but still needs a little work.

Sorry but I am not buying it. If you notice there is a late afternoon shadow on everything except the deer. The only time you see a shadow from the deer is just as it is going over the bike and then it is directly below it, more like a high noon shadow. Also the clarity of the deer at the end of the video is quite different from the other objects in the video. Good job of video editing but still needs a little work.

I disagree, I think it is real. And not only do I think it is real, I know this happens a lot more than you will ever see on video, because I had a REAL CLOSE deer encounter on a bike last year. Given the video was taken from another vehicle, it is not going to be a clear as a production video and as far as the shadows, they matched fine to me.:confused24:

RandyA

I.ve had deer do that to me while I was on the snowmobile but, never on the bike. I did hit one deer in Red Lodge last summer, happened so fast I didn't have time to do much. We got lucky, a little damage to the bike but we were ok.

The video sure looks real to me.

watch it again, all the way to the end when it is slowed down, you can see the deer's shadow.. You can actually see where the deer's shadow passed behind the bike, so the deer was trying to jump over the bike but was actually a bit behind it.

I actually saw this a few years ago, I believe it was near and during the Sturgis rally.