IGNORED

Motorkote comments and tracking??

GENE.. you can get it direct or amazon..

I bought my first batch through the retailer.

I think next time I will get it else were.

looks as I can find it about 10 bucks cheaper

looking around. just do a (google search)

Jeff

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you keep this stuff in your oil all the time or could you, for example, add it a couple of hundred miles before an oil change and still get some benefit from a "treated" engine? If it works without hurting anything in the clutch, I'm in favor. If it would still be effective after a treatment and then an oil change, that would be my preferred route. When it comes to clutches, I'd rather hedge my bets.

Interesting stuff, to say the least.

Ross

Do you keep this stuff in your oil all the time or could you, for example, add it a couple of hundred miles before an oil change and still get some benefit from a "treated" engine? If it works without hurting anything in the clutch, I'm in favor. If it would still be effective after a treatment and then an oil change, that would be my preferred route. When it comes to clutches, I'd rather hedge my bets.

Interesting stuff, to say the least.

Ross

They say you should run it for an entire oil change cycle, then skip the next 2 or 3. In other words, add it about every 3rd or 4th oil change.

Joe

Does anyone know what the "magic" ingredient is in this stuff? My concern with these “magic oil additives” is that some contain a form of chlorine as the magic ingredient. Chlorine is an amazing lubricant, but the problem is that it corrodes most metals. Prolong, another magic oil additive, uses a form of chlorine and will cause bearing corrosion.

Pardon my skepticism, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but I need to know two things before I’ll put any magic oil additive in my bike. And those two important bits of information are, will it hurt my motor, transmission, or clutch, and second, does it provide a measurable benefit.

Does anyone know what the "magic" ingredient is in this stuff? My concern with these “magic oil additives” is that some contain a form of chlorine as the magic ingredient. Chlorine is an amazing lubricant, but the problem is that it corrodes most metals. Prolong, another magic oil additive, uses a form of chlorine and will cause bearing corrosion.

Pardon my skepticism, and I certainly don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but I need to know two things before I’ll put any magic oil additive in my bike. And those two important bits of information are, will it hurt my motor, transmission, or clutch, and second, does it provide a measurable benefit.

This is from their web site:

MOTORKOTE can also be added to your pumpkins (differentials), transmission and power steering. MOTORKOTE contains no solids like Teflon, molybdenum or graphite and contains no chlorine. MOTORKOTE does not void manufacture warranties.

"two important bits of information are, will it hurt my motor, transmission, or clutch, and second, does it provide a measurable benefit."

So far indications are it will NOT hurt anything. One member received an email stating that it will not affect wet clutches. As far as providing measurable benefits: That's why several of us are going to try it with real world conditions. Keep checking back.

I feel sure everyone will be very pleased with Motorekote. This is the 2nd year I have been useing it in my 03 Venture.I now have it in all 4 vehicles an all the mowers.They run specials on this product about every 3 mo. They advertise on the Trucking Network 700WLW.com I'll post on here the next special that comes available. Also they throw in free shipping.

I feel sure everyone will be very pleased with Motorekote. This is the 2nd year I have been useing it in my 03 Venture.I now have it in all 4 vehicles an all the mowers.They run specials on this product about every 3 mo. They advertise on the Trucking Network 700WLW.com I'll post on here the next special that comes available. Also they throw in free shipping.

Sounds Great!!

I have read with interest the comments posted so far. I have held off on mine since I wanted to hear what others were experiencing which is why I started the thread.

My noises were very much linked to temp and humidity. The hotter the temp the louder the bike. When the outside temp cooled the noise was still there but in a narrower RPM speed zone.

added Amsoil 20-50 and the noise became much less annoying but still showed up in 4th and at the speed I usually cruise the local roads around here which is 50mph to 55.

The noise changed from a whine to the chirp that was really loud at times in this range and in 3rd at about the same RPM.

I added Motorkote and within the first 100 miles I started to feel a change in the overall smoothness of the engine and the noise appeared to be getting quieter but thought I may be just wishful thinking.

I think the posts using the numbers is a very adequate way to giving a visual to the results I am now getting which are improving each time I ride the bike.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 This was before motorkote 9 and 10 were highway no noise

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 The range of sound had just about disappeared and if I was not aware of the problem would think it sounded like my Virago did when the rpm's were winding up.

I have no noise at 50 and just a little whine at 55 and it is gone by 58.

third gear is the noisiest now and the range is getting less and less each time I ride.

I think in a matter of days I will just accept this a "normal" and have the complete enjoyment of this bike.

the half helmet will be gone with the fall weather and with the full helmet there will be no annoying noises at all.

I am amazed with this product

Will post more as the miles build up.

Thanks for all your input and keep it coming!

Gas MPG up about 2 gallons so far with no fuel additive.:hurts: No ear plugs

Yes, better and better with each ride.

You did not comment on your mix , I over dosed

and did mine 3 Qts Amzoil to 12 MotorKote.

I also noticed that the Amzoil 20/50 did not

make any difference over the 10/40 as well.

I think the next time I will drop down to 10 OZ's

to the 3 Qts.

Now I will not say who told me. but I had heard

that when he switch to Mobile 1 With MotorKote

It got way louder.. So not sure if this will be a

problem for others or not, but thought I would

post that comment for this thread.

I did also notice that when I have my 3/4

helmet on now I do not hear any whine.

MotorKote also claims that we should only have

to re-add the stuff every 4th Oil Change.

I think it will have to be renewed every oil change

for it to keep the beast whine tame !

YEP !! Amazing stuff!

And I really want that link that jbillerzippo was talking about.

I will have MotorKote on my shelf as long as I own this bike

from now on!

Jeff

Wow. And to think that I debated for at least 2 weeks on whether or not to share my good experience with MotorKote. I was afraid that the naysayers would jump right in and tell me how stupid I was for adding something to my oil. And then I'd have to respond, and before long we'd be a spittin' and a-whumpin on each other and the thread would have to be yanked. :big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks everyone for not letting that happen. Warms my heart to hear that it is helping others.

Joe

Please keep us posted on your results. This sounds very interesting.

You remember a while back this stuff came out about using Acetone in your gas or diesel to improve you mileage. The acetone was suppose to decease the surface tension of the fuel to allow it to atomize better thus causing 15 to 35% increase in mileage.

I did a lot a research on this. Supposed to use in a range of one part to 5000 to one part to 3000 depending on the engine. 0.0003% to 0.0025% acetone...about one - three ounces to 10 gallons of fuel.

I worked with this for months trying to get this to work. I measured, calculated, poured and hauled a small bottle of the acetone around with me just hoping to find that perfect mix that would work for my car. I just knew I was gonna spill some of that junk on my car and peal all the paint off of it....cause acetone will work on a paint job.

Never did I get over 48 mpg combine city and highway driving driving like I had an egg on top of my accellerator.

Normally I get about 50-51 (combined) if I drive it right and about 47 (combined) running the dog out of it (85-90 MPH). It is a VW JETTA Diesel.

Folks were claiming to get 48 to 52 in a Gas burning Neon which usually gets about 30 MPG. I wrote emails to folks and they would advise me to increase or decrease my mixture...buy a different brand of Acetone. That junk did not work at all for me. :confused24:

So you can understand where I may be a little bit cautious.:whistling:

I wish you guys the best of luck and hope to hear more about this soon.

I like others are mostly concerned about clutch slippage and maybe internal corrosion or sludge build up.

Do you put the recommended oil in the bike then add this stuff...overfill it? or just drop the amount of oil and top it off with this stuff?:think:

Help us all out...keep us in the loop about what is going on?

My Mix Again....... 3 Quarts to 12 OZ's (with new filter)

This WILL bring it to the TOP LINE

on the site glass... no problems so far.

You could go 8 to 10 Oz's to have it go up to

the middle of the glass.

Joe, Thanks so much for bringing this stuff

to my attention!:happy65:

( I would REALLY like folks to POST there MIX rates as well )

Jeff

Cougar, was that Mobile 1 auto oil or the motorcycle specific stuff?

I'd love to hear from people who run the Mobile 1 motorcycle specific oil, who use this stuff, and what they've seen. Don't, really, want to have to switch to Amsoil if I don't have to.

I use Amsoil 20-50 as I have had the best luck with this oil and use their micro filter.

I drained some oil off before adding the motorkote. At first I went with about 8oz and then added the rest of the 10oz bottle. I am at top line on site glass now.

I got more dramatic results after adding the full bottle.

I would be careful about overfilling as I have read other posts on other forums that even dealers will over fill bikes with site glasses.

In past bikes the motor got noiser when the oil was too high. (thanks to dealer) when drained to correct level bike was better and quieter.

I think we are dealing with harmonics of the gearing, clearences etc and the coating with Motorkote is changing this.

I will post more as the miles increase

Well I added the MotorKote as per manufactures directions on Saturday the 22nd of August. Prior to putting it in the bike I took some sound readings at idle. My other hobby, and don't laugh, is Ghost Hunting. I have a digital recorder and a software program on my laptop that allows me to isolate sound waves, remove white noise, etc. I placed the recorder 10 feet in front of the bike, then 10 feet to the right side, then rear, then left side, these would be my baseline readings. Even tho the software does not give me DB readings it still provides visualizations of peaks and valleys. I then took the bike for a 20 mile ride around Camano Island with the recorder wrapped in a wind sock and placed on top of the speedometer.

I have now put close to 300 miles on the bike and decided to take some sound readings again this morning. I did the same readings as the first set and have loaded it into my laptop and did some comparisons. There has been a slight reduction in idle engine noise from all 4 locations (front, sides, and back). The biggest change was during the 20 mile ride. Slight reductions in the engine whine as I go thru 1st and 2nd gear. Moderate reductions in 3rd gear at ~40mph, slight reduction at any RPM in 4th, and a major reduction in the whine in 5th gear at speeds around 60mph and up. My bike really had the whine in 3rd gear while close to 35 - 40mph. During todays ride it was barely noticeable. 5th gear whine used to be very noticable at almost any speed. I have heard NO whine at all in 5th while coming to work today. The clutch has not slipped one bit and the "clunk" with the first shift into 1st gear in the morning is a lot less noticeable, still there but the bike doesn't jump.

I think it is too early to determine if the gas milage has been affected or not. I had been averaging 42.5 mpg before the MotorKote and the last 2 tanks have been 42.8 and 42.7.

I'll do another update when I get to 750 miles with the MotorKote. Hopefully the weather here in the Pacific Northwest doesn't turn crummy too soon. IMHO this product seems to work, so far.

For those who may be leery of adding MotorKote to their bike because of potential clutch slipping, I have a suggestion.

Go ahead and purchase the 10 oz bottle and add it to your car or truck, whatever you normally drive.

My last purchase was the 16 oz bottle. I added 8 oz to the Venture, then added the other half to my wife's Mercury Sable that she drives back and forth to work, about 40 miles per day (non-interstate). Prior to adding the MotorKote we had been averaging 22.5 mpg. I did not check mileage on the first tank of gas after adding the MK. However, the second tank yielded 24.8 mpg! That is a 10.2% increase!

Even though MK recommends only using their product every 4th oil change, let's say that I decide to use it EVERY oil change. The 16 oz bottle costs $22 delivered to my door. I use half of it per oil change, so my added expense is $11 per oil change. If I change the oil every 3500 miles I will save $36 in gasoline expense per 3500 miles at $2.50 per gallon gas. (I would use 155.5 gallons at the lower 22.5 mpg, and only 141.1 gallons at the 24.8 figure).

This is a no-brainer from a cost standpoint. MK is going in all my vehicles pronto!

Joe

I've been following this topic, and am nearly ready to buy. Thanks Wanderer for the current special link. (32oz for $25)

I note at the bottom that they say, "No fill allowance is required." What does that mean?

It means that if you are adding 8 oz of MotorKote, you DO NOT need to use 8 oz less of your motor oil. Add the standard amount of oil (such as 4 quarts if that is what your vehicle holds) and then add the MK.

Joe

It means that if you are adding 8 oz of MotorKote, you DO NOT need to use 8 oz less of your motor oil. Add the standard amount of oil (such as 4 quarts if that is what your vehicle holds) and then add the MK.

Joe

Thanks Joe for the explanation.

Dave